✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

Coeurli

I've been trying to remember a bit more about the song:

It opens with Will banging the crap out of the drums, Jonny chimes in with his guitar part, then Chris bursts into singing and dancing. I don't remember much of the lyrics (and as Diane said, it was hard to pick them out), but it's pretty much describing falling into a head full of dreams. There's some birds/flying reference, which made me think it was Birds at first. There's an ohh ohhhooohhhhaauh section near the end with the whole band, and I believe the lyrics closed with Chris shouting "in a head full, in a head full of dreams" then the song ends with a piano piece. We couldn't really hear the piano part at the end. The first take, Chris played it. During the second take, Corden jumped on the piano. They told him to play whatever and the sound would be added in.

Awwww can't wait!!

(Those lyrics kind of remind me of ASFOS though)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to remember a bit more about the song:

It opens with Will banging the crap out of the drums, Jonny chimes in with his guitar part, then Chris bursts into singing and dancing. I don't remember much of the lyrics (and as Diane said, it was hard to pick them out), but it's pretty much describing falling into a head full of dreams. There's some birds/flying reference, which made me think it was Birds at first. There's an ohh ohhhooohhhhaauh section near the end with the whole band, and I believe the lyrics closed with Chris shouting "in a head full, in a head full of dreams" then the song ends with a piano piece. We couldn't really hear the piano part at the end. The first take, Chris played it. During the second take, Corden jumped on the piano. They told him to play whatever and the sound would be added in.

wow sound great

Wait, I'm confused. Where was this played? And why didn't anyone record it? I remember last year, they played ASFOS live before it was released but they asked nobody to record it, people still did though.

The song was played during the late late show with james cordon.

Damn man I hate how Coldplay make people not record... Apparently the people had to give their phones when they got to the show like what... Still, can't wait for next Saturday! (or a leak :

No tv shows allow cameras and phones during taping. I've been to Ellen, The Voice, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Jimmy Kimmel Live and James Corden, and all require that cell phones are not brought into the studio. It's distracting. No one wants to watch a live audience tv show and see the audience taking photos, recording, snap chatting, texting...

Damn man I hate how Coldplay make people not record... Apparently the people had to give their phones when they got to the show like what... Still, can't wait for next Saturday! (or a leak :

No tv shows allow cameras and phones during taping. I've been to Ellen, The Voice, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Jimmy Kimmel Live and James Corden, and all require that cell phones are not brought into the studio. It's distracting. No one wants to watch a live audience tv show and see the audience taking photos, recording, snap chatting, texting...

I've never been to one of these shows- but now looking back at some videos no one in the crowd has their device so that makes sense!

really excited to hear this song on saturday...

I've never been to one of these shows- but now looking back at some videos no one in the crowd has their device so that makes sense!

really excited to hear this song on saturday...

It's actually really nice to go to a show and not have to watch through a sea of screens. Everyone is more into the show and having a lot more fun.

It's actually really nice to go to a show and not have to watch through a sea of screens. Everyone is more into the show and having a lot more fun.

I completely understand what you mean and have seen that in some other bigger venues that I've been to. Then again at some big venues people still keep their phones in their pockets and just have a good time :p

Hmmmmm. Watching it again I am not sure what to think.

Definitely like the bouncing bass and that the whole band is involved, but feel like the songwriting and melody aren't anything special. Maybe the studio version will change my mind.

I absolutely adore the production though. The atmospherics, the wind-chime sound. Love that and really hope that part is extended on album. Intro and outro great.

Much better than I thought it would be. Fan reviews made it sound like it was more similar to A Sky Full Of Stars.

Loving the U2 influence. The 'Where The Streets Have No Name' of AHFOD. Maybe not as good but excellent opener regardless!