✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

Coeurli

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds so much like U2 that it is actually shocking. That's a good thing for me, I'm totally enjoying it but critics might bring it up a lot.

That is my only worry... But then again, maybe people will understand that in the album they are doing tributes to everything they love - it's more U2 than U2, which is quite an achievement actually - they've obviously figured out what makes U2 sound like U2! :laugh3: I only wonder what U2 themselves will think? :uhoh:

Did anyone catch the "high, i feel so high, high, high, etc" lyrics in this song? I couldn't really pick them out...

I think this wasn't the song filmed on India. HFTW for sure!

I loved AHFOD by the way. Incredible opener. Beautiful song :)

Didn't people say they really loved the live versions of the MX songs up to the album release? Really hope that's not the case with AHFOD

I hope I'm not annoying with my predictions, but I have a feeling it will be better this time. As usual, they learn from their mistakes - I think soon you will hear Chris reference how he felt the MX recordings could have been better if they had not played so much live first or how they had difficulty replicating that live feel and feedback in the studio... They are also having a shorter run-up to their album release - part of it is to reduce over-exposure before the album comes out (ie the let-down after hearing too many live versions). MX was definitely written for live performances in mind - I reckon they went "lets record a whole album that will sound awesome live"... they succeeded but as a result fans don't like the actual album as much. With AHFOD, their actual playing / musicianship has improved - so I predict a lot of the playing will be clean and pristine, which will translate into a beautiful recording on the album - I have also noticed the sounds are fuller now (ie will not sound as compressed as X&Y songs hopefully), and this will also be a satisfying listen (for me at least)... this is my head full of hopes for this album anyway :P

Guest diogo_sg

Definitely reminds me of U2. And that's good!!

The beginning is something like Politik (explosive). It's happy, it isn't too fast paced, the lyrics are nice (from what I could understand). It will fit beautifully as an album opener.

Guest diogo_sg
Anybody else thinks it sounds like the opening credits to a sitcom? [emoji38]

If Coldplay had a series, it would be called A Head Full of Dreams and that song would be on the opening credits :nod:

Funny. Cause I was listening to it while reading this. And yes. It sort of does. Imagine a Friends intro with Coldplay and AHFOD playing on the background. Amazing! [emoji23]