✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

Coeurli

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw I'll try, I had set out to buy a left handed guitar and spent money on it- but I'm so busy! Agh. I just finished a piano lesson actually, I should have an exam coming up in spring haha, I've been playing since I was 8 :)

Maybe you have to make some piano Coldplay tutorials for me ;) haha even though I have no piano atm.. Just a tiny midi keyboard haha

I loved this song as a live, but now that snippet got me worried about the production. Please Coldplay/Stargate, don't kill the studio version of this song with your production !!!

I Believe that on the rest of the sound the guitar will be more proeminent. Maybe in the ooh parts the production was focusing in the voices

I loved this song as a live, but now that snippet got me worried about the production. Please Coldplay/Stargate, don't kill the studio version of this song with your production !!!

Okay can someone please explain to me why everybody bashes Coldplay production what the hell does it even mean I'm so confused. Like I don't think songs are good because the layers are well arranged, I like songs because I like the melodies and music!!

Like I don't think songs are good because the layers are well arranged, I like songs because I like the melodies and music!!

Of course melodies and vocals are the most important parts, but you'd be surprised how much production can influence the vibe and feeling you get from listening to a song. A major criticism in MX's production for example has been that is is too compressed, pressing all instrumental tracks into one indiscernible wall of sound (most prominent example: DLIBYH). Listen to AROBTTH and X&Y on several different (and high quality) speakers. Only then will you fully realize and appreciate how complex Coldplay's layering is and how masterly Coldplay's production used to be.

Yeah, I was a bit let down with this one. I hope it's just one part of the song because I really love the song itself.

Of course melodies and vocals are the most important parts, but you'd be surprised how much production can influence the vibe and feeling you get from listening to a song. A major criticism in MX's production for example has been that is is too compressed, pressing all instrumental tracks into one indiscernible wall of sound (most prominent example: DLIBYH). Listen to AROBTTH and X&Y on several different (and high quality) speakers. Only then will you fully realize and appreciate how complex Coldplay's layering is and how masterly Coldplay's production used to be.

Well yeah, I guess layering and production is important, but I definitely shouldn't make or break a song. Also I go through headphones too quickly to get a really good high quality pair, so maybe I'm not experiencing this amazing oldplay production

Well yeah, I guess layering and production is important, but I definitely shouldn't make or break a song. Also I go through headphones too quickly to get a really good high quality pair, so maybe I'm not experiencing this amazing oldplay production

Selective listening may also help in that case. Listen to a song and focus only on the bass line. Next time, focus on the background piano or synth. Next time, focus on doubled voices (plenty of occasions where this is the case ! for example the vocoder doubled voice on Speed Of Sound)

Do you know how many times I have listened to Clocks ? But only four weeks ago did I begin consciously noticing the Clocks pad that floats in the background of the song. No kidding ! And only two months ago did I notice the looping underlying melody of Only Superstition that is very subtle and which you may not notice if you focus on the vocals.

There is so much to be discovered.

And just for the record, I did this on generic Samsung smartphone earbuds, nothing fancy ! Listening to more high quality, bass-prominent speakers once in a while helps, though.

I've done this before with certain songs I guess just not often enough to compare. Interesting though...

And just for the record, I did this on generic Samsung smartphone earbuds, nothing fancy ! Listening to more high quality, bass-prominent speakers once in a while helps, though.

Yeah it's amazing what just the headphones that come with our phones (android or apple) can do! They have better quality than people say they do!

what I feel so far: too short, the lyrics are a bit confusing... it sounds incomplete, like Life in Technicolor i.... btw, that rhythmic guitar 'til 0'57 has almost the same pattern as the verse of Where The Streets Have No Name.

The lyrics aren't bad to me, but I can't help but want a lot more by the time the song ends. It's too short! I really like it, and I actually don't mind the snippet, but it just needs to be longer.

By the way, I'm hearing a lot of Pride (In The Name of Love) in the riff as well. The teaser clip of the bridge and a bit of the last chorus is where I really notice the similarity. Listen to Jonny's riff there and then listen to The Edge's guitar playing in Pride.

By the way, I'm hearing a lot of Pride (In The Name of Love) in the riff as well. The teaser clip of the bridge and a bit of the last chorus is where I really notice the similarity. Listen to Jonny's riff there and then listen to The Edge's guitar playing in Pride.

looks like they went full on U2 on this one :lol:

looks like they went full on U2 on this one :lol: