✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

Coeurli

After a few listens it grew on me A LOT. First time it was kind of "meh?" Now i'm quite liking it and hopefully it grows even more! It's got sort of aggressive "in your face" rhythm and melody, good opener. I like that they managed to do kind of EDM song that is fully driven by U2-ish guitar. I would describe it with U2DM haha :D

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave the lyrics a try.

Oh I think I'm landing

In a world I hadn't seen

When I'm feeling ordinary

When I don't know what I mean

Oh I think I'm landing

Where there are miracles at work

For the first ... ... ... ... ..

Come the conference of birds

And say it's true

It's not what it seems

Leave your broken windows open

And in the light just streams

And you get a head

A head full of dreams

You can see the change you want to

Be what you want to be

When you get a head

a head full of dreams

It's a .... that's just been spoken

with a head full, a head full of dreams

I sing oh, I think I landed

Where there are miracles at work

Now you've got me open handed

Now you got me lost for words

I sing oooooooh, oooooooooooh

Ooooohooh oooooohooooh

I sing oooooooh, oooooooooooh

Ooooohooh oooooohooooh

A head full of dreams

oooooooh, oooooooooooh

Ooooohooh oooooohooooh

A head full of dreams

oooooooh, oooooooooooh

It's enough, I've just been spoken

With a head full, a head full of dreams

With a head

With a head

Full of dreams

Definitely reminds me of U2. And that's good!!

The beginning is something like Politik (explosive). It's happy, it isn't too fast paced, the lyrics are nice (from what I could understand). It will fit beautifully as an album opener.

And concert opener! If Coldplay come to Colorado, I just realized this will be the first song I hear them perform live! Not a bad way to start!!

This song exceeded my expectations! I actually really really like it.. It totes sounds like old u2 & it doesn't bother me at all. Much rather that, than them sounding like avicii and all those other Chris influences.. And I think it's got many lovely surprises in it. It's not a straight forward structure, love the break/build in the middle, loved waiting for the hook to drop, and when it did that it took me by surprise.. Love the bass line. Idk, to me it's everything I wish the band did more of these days. It's the kind of upbeat music I prefer from them.

I absolutely LOVED this track. As often as the wooaaahs are in Coldplay, it still takes me by surprise every time. Seeing a stadium sing that would be amazing!! And the U2 guitar is so ever present, but... I think I like it! It reminds me of 'I Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For' which is one of the only songs I actually like even though it's overplayed. Needless to say I really love the direction of this album. I think it's a mix of everything they've done so far!

I am so in love with everything about this song ! The beat and lyrics everything. IT hits me in all the right ways .. I feel an explosion of joy . I dont know what others expect to be honest. I feel Chris has grown so much the past couple years as a person from what ive heard and saw in the writing.. Let it be , let them enjoy and be free! TO be honest I can enjoy anything about coldplay because of the heart of the band you see the genuine love and passion. I feel like Chris has found who he is and I love that ! I cant wait for the album! I also think we are in for a crazy fun tour! In a world of so much hate I think we all need to just enjoy the pretty things we hear lol Id say go get em Coldplay ! I also think this song would have been a better first single !

Had a 1st listen to AHFOD - Total U2 homage - that guitar playing/riffing is Edge all the way. Like the aggressive bass/drum section - Guy is a beast on this album after hearing AOAL. Chris can't help the Whoa's on this album, it's all over the place. Sometimes it can be a bit cliche, but need to hear the studio version. It's a U2 homage song done with Coldplay flourishes, even the vocals are reminding me of Bono. It's got where the streets have no names with In' god's country strumming but again, with Coldplay's take. Honestly, wasn't too sure with AOAL but Coldplay has that gift of writing songs that grow on and show their brilliance to you as brain starts to understand the deeper levels and nuances of their songs. I love these songs. In Coldplay & PH we trust. Viva la Coldplay!

Very U2-ish, reminds me of All That You Can't Leave Behind album, which is a very life-affirming one. Gonna wait until the studio version cause I feel it's gonna sound a bit different, I like it at first but let's see.

Yes, reminds me of ATYCLB, and The Joshua Tree (songs like Where the Streets Have No Name, One Tree Hill and In God's Country).

My first impression/review:

This is a really solid song! The U2 comparisons make sense; I hear a lot of their influence. I was expecting something a little heavier like Politik or DLIBYH but I was pleasantly surprised that it sounds more like Hurts Like Heaven (very uptempo with lots of guitar). The lyrics are pretty good and far better than most of GS. This is going to be a solid album opener and it's definitely one of the better post-Viva tracks. I can't wait to hear a studio version. The only thing I would change about this track is I would make it a bit longer.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The melody is very similar to One Tree Hill by U2 (fucking great tune!) and while the music does sound like U2 that is no bad thing AT ALL. U2 have always been one of the great soundscape artists of the last 30 years. Up there with Radiohead and Sigur Ros in my opinion. The Unforgettable Fire exemplifies this best.