✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow

Coeurli

The piano ballad style. A bit of a mylo xyloto feel, but mainly Parachutes and Prospekt's March.

Ah ha. thanks for clarifying that. I like ballads generally, but I dont think I would like more than one or max two on one album, otherwise I´d feel like I am buying a Celine Dion LP *lol*

And Prospekt´s March is the best EP ever! :) And it only has two my max required number of two ballads on it (well Postcard is a mini mini ballad hehe)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ha. thanks for clarifying that. I like ballads generally, but I dont think I would like more than one or max two on one album, otherwise I´d feel like I am buying a Celine Dion LP *lol*

And Prospekt´s March is the best EP ever! :) And it only has two my max required number of two ballads on it (well Postcard is a mini mini ballad hehe)

Celine Dion is a great time :laugh:

• Like 1

Why did they toned or making Jonny's guitar not that clear? This was bothering because the live version was absolute superb and could have been the best Coldplay songs ever!

I hope they remastered it back and bring Jonny's guitar upfront, especially if they wanted Everglow to be released as a single.

Why did they toned or making Jonny's guitar not that clear? This was bothering because the live version was absolute superb and could have been the best Coldplay songs ever!

I hope they remastered it back and bring Jonny's guitar upfront, especially if they wanted Everglow to be released as a single.

This, THIS EVERYWHERE. I regret so much hearing the live version. Because now I know what could've been and the studio version is soiled. Why Stargate. Whyyyyy do you deprave me of my Jonny guitar! :'(

I much prefer the live version too. The studio version is more sterile to my ears. But no reason to blame Stargate. The band wanted it to sound that way apparently, they signed off on it. But yeah I also wish Jonny´s guitar were much more prominent and drums were organic. It would have lifted the song, made it more interesting, the studio version ends up being flat actually.

I love the "still I see you celestial" part. It so ties in with Sky Full of Stars. I love all these small tie-ins to other albums throughout AHFOD. Another example is "we got to make our own key" in Birds (recalls Charlie Brown stolen key :)

Oh forgot also the "out from the underground" in Birds, recalling Speed of Sound. :)

It seems all pretty deliberate to me, perhaps an attempt to run a red thread through previous albums as Chris said it feels they all led up to this :)

Guest kmm1482

Vote for the Ultimate Oldplaying thread in the category "Best thread of 2015 - Coldplay section" ! In this thread we celebrate the sound and style of Coldplay's earlier work, sharing and discussing music and footage from the Pre-Parachutes, Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y and VLVODAAHF Eras !. Several people have told me it has even become their favorite part of the Coldplaying forums !

<font color="#0000ff">http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/in...ing-thread-s-bs-tbr-p-arobtth-x-y-vlv.104785/

<font color="#ff0000">If you love us, won't you let us know ? <font color="#ff8000">Vote the Oldplaying thread for Best thread of 2015 - Coldplay section !

Vote for the Ultimate Oldplaying thread in the category "Best thread of 2015 - Coldplay section" ! In this thread we celebrate the sound and style of Coldplay's earlier work, sharing and discussing music and footage from the Pre-Parachutes, Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y and VLVODAAHF Eras !. Several people have told me it has even become their favorite part of the Coldplaying forums !

<font color="#0000ff">http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/in...ing-thread-s-bs-tbr-p-arobtth-x-y-vlv.104785/

<font color="#ff0000">If you love us, won't you let us know ? <font color="#ff8000">Vote the Oldplaying thread for Best thread of 2015 - Coldplay section !

Ok now you're just spamming lol.

• Like 1

Guest kmm1482
Ok now you're just spamming lol.

Not spamming at all. I've posted it in every thread I've had conversations in. Nothing wrong with a little politik [emoji6]

Guest kmm1482
Well ok, I guess that's fine. I thought you were posting it in literally every single thread on Coldplaying haha :)

Oh no! That would be quite obnoxious. Give the thread a try :) All are welcome

Guest diogo_sg

I read/heard somewhere that this song was about a friend of Chris that passed away. Is this true or has been said by the band?

I read/heard somewhere that this song was about a friend of Chris that passed away. Is this true or has been said by the band?

chris did say in an interview he was thinking about a friend that passed away when he started working on the song. can't remember which interview though.

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg
chris did say in an interview he was thinking about a friend that passed away when he started working on the song. can't remember which interview though.

Thanks. I don't remember that, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

It annoys me when I'm sure that he's singing one thing and then the official lyrics say otherwise, two examples are when I thought he was saying "when I'm cold you are oohhh the sun" and the official lyrics say "in water rolled, salt" (which doesn't even make sense, btw) or the part where I was sure he said "there's a feeling WITHIN me, Everglow" and apparently he says "there's a feeling YOU GIVE ME". End of rant.