✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow

Coeurli

:shocked: pretty much every comment in the top10 section or so is saying they like the live version better cause the studio version sounds too overproduced. Wondering if and if yes how the band are going to react to this... cause it's not just any channel but it's their official youtube channel... i haven't seen many songs in the past where everybody's opinion was so much the same...

• Like 1

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482

Live or album, I've listened a bunch of times and the song still bores me to tears. The first few seconds I think, "Ok, maybe this time I'll like it more" Then those stupid "hey-ey-ey-ey"s kick in and it instantly loses me.

I guess in the song, Chris is singing about something or someone that continues to live on even though it's not physically with you anymore

Chris explained the origin of the song title to Zane Lowe on Beats 1 and he even threw in a cereal commercial analogy *lol* Worth a listen :)

• Like 1

Coldplay has reveiled the lyrics of Everglow on their website:

Everglow

oh they say people come, say people go

this particular diamond was extra special

and though you might be gone, and the world may not know

still I see you, celestial

like a lion you ran, a goddess you rolled

like an eagle you circled, in perfect purple

so how come things move on, how come cars don’t slow

when it feels like the end of my world

when I should but I can’t let you go?

but when I’m cold, cold

oh when I’m cold, cold

there’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow

there’s a feeling you give me, an everglow

like brothers in blood, sisters who ride

and we swore on that night we’d be friends til we die

but the changing of winds, and the way waters flow

life as short as the falling of snow

and now I’m gonna miss you I know

but when I’m cold, cold

in water rolled, salt

I know that you’re with me and the way you will show

and you’re with me wherever I go

and you give me this feeling this everglow

oh- I I I I

what I wouldn’t give for just a moment to hold

yeah I live for this feeling this everglow

so if you love someone, you should let them know

oh the light that you left me will everglow

Please tell me I'm not the only softie that cried like a baby hearing this song for the first time? It felt like a sort of closure for the "conscious uncoupling" of Chris & Gwyneth to me.

Yeah, Chris has said yesterday that this song was also made for people who passed not only for a break up!

Coldplay has reveiled the lyrics of Everglow on their website:

but when I’m cold, cold

oh when I’m cold, cold

there’s a light that you give me when I’m in shadow

there’s a feeling you give me, an everglow

Yes I read them yesterday (not without some eye squinting though haha) on my large vinyl lyric sheet. :) I love how this ties together with Hymn, again about someone bringing love and light to you when you are in most need of it and in this song said woman doesn't even need to be there physically, its sufficient just with her "everglow".

I swear the boys have such a knack for singing my life ! haha Loving the lyrics this time more than ever.

All of the feelings. I love that Everglow has that old school CP vibe, but with a twist.

You know I keep reading this and I still dont know what the "old school" vibe is haha What is meant by this exactly? The Parachute vibe ? or the piano ballad style ?

I love this song and it certainly is one of the best on the album and one of the best they've made in a while (then again, this album is better than MX and GS) (don't get me wrong, I love many songs from both those albums). I'm slightly disappointed that I couldn't hear Paltrow as much as thought we were going to hear, but I do like her 'tuned parts throughout the song and you can faintly hear her on a few lines. All in all, a great song.

^ you know, i'm just glad she (and beyonce, tove lo) are not featured prominently. i like the understated use of their vocals. don't want another princess of china. feeling like coldplay playing second fiddle to someone else's song.

• Like 2

^ you know, i'm just glad she (and beyonce, tove lo) are not featured prominently. i like the understated use of their vocals. don't want another princess of china. feeling like coldplay playing second fiddle to someone else's song.

I never thought of Princess as someone else´s song and I do like it as a duet. To me it fits quite well in MX where throughout there is this theme of Mylo and his girl hehe However in ahfod we have several guest vocalists and it would have been damn weird with multiple duets o_O, so yeah it makes sense they are not featured prominently, not even Noel hehe They pop up here and there in the right way :D

• Like 3

Guest kmm1482
All of the feelings. I love that Everglow has that old school CP vibe, but with a twist.

"Old school" vibe as in Ghost Stories??

You know I keep reading this and I still dont know what the "old school" vibe is haha What is meant by this exactly? The Parachute vibe ? or the piano ballad style ?

The piano ballad style. A bit of a mylo xyloto feel, but mainly Parachutes and Prospekt's March.

• Like 2