✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-18] Wembley Stadium, London, UK

Sparky

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the whole Don't Panic + Jonny thing odd as people who hadn't also been to a RAH show thought it was the first time it was happening. Still amazing though. I wish I had some confetti from the gig (I was in a seated area high up).

I was thinking about this while watching the quick stream on the Coldplaying FB, because when Chris stops the song to talk about Jonny my first instinct is to be like "Oh Chris, we know Jonny always sings this part of the song, you don't have to act like he's never done it before :rolleyes:"

but then i think there are probably more people going to Coldplay concerts nowadays who aren't super fans that follow everything the band does and maybe to them it seems like a rarer thing...

not any less special, regardless. i love Chris but it's always great to hear the other boys sing once in a while :cheesy:

• Like 1

I was thinking about this while watching the quick stream on the Coldplaying FB, because when Chris stops the song to talk about Jonny my first instinct is to be like "Oh Chris, we know Jonny always sings this part of the song, you don't have to act like he's never done it before :rolleyes:"

but then i think there are probably more people going to Coldplay concerts nowadays who aren't super fans that follow everything the band does and maybe to them it seems like a rarer thing...

not any less special, regardless. i love Chris but it's always great to hear the other boys sing once in a while :cheesy:

Yeah, tonight some people next to me were laughing like I had at RAH because it was so random and awesome (and incredibly cute in my opinion). I was thinking "This is old news dude" haha. It's kinda cheesy the way Chris explains it all how Jonny is going to sing. I also found it a bit cringey watching RAH footage repeatedly and seeing Chris stop Don't Panic a couple of times so Jonny can sing. I feel like a bad Coldplay fan now haha.

Ahhh yeah I think there are a lot of people who just want a stadium experience and don't seem like hardcore fans as they didn't seem to know some songs. As soon as opening chords start playing, I recognise songs straight away, get excited and clap and whoop - tonight, people around me didn't seem to even know some Coldplay songs. Or maybe they did and are reserved.

I love it when the other boys get included too. I feel bad for Guy, Will and Jonny as their roles as non lead singers have less attention than Chris x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 3

Yeah, tonight some people next to me were laughing like I had at RAH because it was so random and awesome (and incredibly cute in my opinion). I was thinking "This is old news dude" haha. It's kinda cheesy the way Chris explains it all how Jonny is going to sing. I also found it a bit cringey watching RAH footage repeatedly and seeing Chris stop Don't Panic a couple of times so Jonny can sing. I feel like a bad Coldplay fan now haha.

Ahhh yeah I think there are a lot of people who just want a stadium experience and don't seem like hardcore fans as they didn't seem to know some songs. As soon as opening chords start playing, I recognise songs straight away, get excited and clap and whoop - tonight, people around me didn't seem to even know some Coldplay songs. Or maybe they did and are reserved.

I love it when the other boys get included too. I feel bad for Guy, Will and Jonny as their roles as non lead singers have less attention than Chris x

I'm sure it's super obvious and I'm just dumb, but what does RAH stand for?

• Like 1

Here are a few photos (from the B-stage)

[ATTACH=full]4794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4796[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4797[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4801[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry if they are turned the wrong way but they are coming from my photo camera and I can't edit them right now.

• Like 7

[ATTACH=full]4807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4814[/ATTACH]

• Like 9

I think it's safe to assume most of the "hardcore" fans would have been on the pitch near a stage.

I would've expected the more casual fans to be seated a bit further away so they can turn up later.

• Like 1

the show was incredible ! my xyloband wasnt working but i was 2nd row on the B stage ! Princess Of China was a good surprise so was the Prince cover after Everglow ! I had Will and Guy to shake my hand when they got off B stage I was in heaven as i was the only person they did that to ! haha Reef was really good , Lianne had a good stage presence but wasnt my thing, but it still was entertaining ! so glad it wasnt raining tonight !

• Like 5

1. Spontaneously bought a ticket for Sunday as well HAHA : awesome: one question though, does anyone Know if you can get through any of the turnstils with the "general standing area ticket"? I mean if you have like a Section F or G Ticket, can you access the Stadion at a H or I turnstil or will it reject your Ticket?
    Would be super helpful if someone could tell me this! :wacky:

Guest diogo_sg

[ATTACH=full]4794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4796[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4797[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4801[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry if they are turned the wrong way but they are coming from my photo camera and I can't edit them right now.

[ATTACH=full]4807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4814[/ATTACH]

Great photos! [emoji108]

I don't think you need to feel bad! They're perfectly happy by not standing in the spotlights I think. Because if they weren't, they would have thousands of possibilities to get in these spotlights by for example talking during a concert? Or moving and using the stage more (the only movements we get are the change of positions during Yellow, the moving to the B-C stage and Jonny in the spotlights during Amazing Day). If I were Jonny for example, I would be walking around the stage like crazy! During the solo's of Up&Up/HFTW/AOAL. But seeing they don't, they are more comfortable together, and having Chris take all the spotlights!

• Like 2

I've only just realised, from your photos, that Guy & Jonny had their kids' names on their outfits - nice.

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg
lol after this concert, graham took me on a tour of the coldplay set and showed me all the tech-y stuff[ATTACH=full]4816[/ATTACH]

As I posted on the other thread:

That's amazing! Lucky you [emoji1]

PS: this happened on the 16th or on the 18th?

Guest diogo_sg
sorry it happened on the 18th!

That's okay! [emoji12]

[MEDIA=instagram]BG1qs-UxrOB[/MEDIA]

Thanks for sharing! It's so interesting to know how everything works behind the scenes. There's always so much going on behind the scenes to make the concerts the way they are! [emoji5]