✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-16] Wembley Stadium, London, UK

nev72

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I can't believe they played AIMH. This tour is full of surprises and each concert seems different from the rest even in the same venue.

no problem! Yeah its been somewhat unpredictable what they'll play on the smaller stages lol

• Like 2

So ridiculously happy they pulled out Always In My Head! Was it anything like the Ghost Stories Tour version, or was it more stripped back?

You can listen for yourself but it for my full nerd's answer - it sounds quite similar to the GS Tour version, with the lush strings and all. The only noticeable difference is that Jonny plays a different guitar part during the 1st verse with more distinct and different notes than the album/GS Tour version. Ink has had similar modification for Jonny's guitar parts, where certain bits are less atmospheric and more clear - possibly to not overload the B/C-stages with too many guitar effects and make it seem more stripped back (or perhaps there may be a technical limitation/decision - maybe these things require a pedal that Jonny only has one of, and needs on the main stage). All that is to say - it's a fun level of variation that we've seen with both AIMH and Ink that still keep the souls of those songs, and an all-around pleasant surprise.

• Like 3

You can listen for yourself but it for my full nerd's answer - it sounds quite similar to the GS Tour version, with the lush strings and all. The only noticeable difference is that Jonny plays a different guitar part during the 1st verse with more distinct and different notes than the album/GS Tour version. Ink has had similar modification for Jonny's guitar parts, where certain bits are less atmospheric and more clear - possibly to not overload the B/C-stages with too many guitar effects and make it seem more stripped back (or perhaps there may be a technical limitation/decision - maybe these things require a pedal that Jonny only has one of, and needs on the main stage). All that is to say - it's a fun level of variation that we've seen with both AIMH and Ink that still keep the souls of those songs, and an all-around pleasant surprise.

Right on!

Since AIMH was played (which I thought would never be played again), it shouldn't be long til all songs of GS is played! I wonder what other albums will have all songs played... I do expect XMTS to be played, so there's that :clap:

• Like 2

I do expect XMTS to be played, so there's that :clap:

Interesting that you say that. Fun and XMTS are the only ones from the new album that haven't been performed. If the day ever comes when they will perform them, I'll be stoked!

• Like 1

Awesome setlist. AHFOD tour is awesome. So much surprise for a tour that started only a few moths ago. Great time to be a Coldplay fan regardless of your opinion about the latest album.

Since AIMH was played (which I thought would never be played again), it shouldn't be long til all songs of GS is played! I wonder what other albums will have all songs played... I do expect XMTS to be played, so there's that :clap:

They need to play Fun too :)

• Like 3

I was standing just out of the pic to the left ( a yard away from Tom Cruise - not that I was interested in him - no competition with Chris, a few yards away) A high moment of my life when the boys walked right past past me ! I'd 'sacrificed' a better view of the concert to grab my spec at the C stage...... and it was worth it - I'll never see them that close again.

Only problem was - everyone around me was shouting to Tom Cruise, who came and stood in that enclosure.

They forgot who they had come for !!!!

• Like 2

I was standing just out of the pic to the left ( a yard away from Tom Cruise - not that I was interested in him - no competition with Chris, a few yards away) A high moment of my life when the boys walked right past past me ! I'd 'sacrificed' a better view of the concert to grab my spec at the C stage...... and it was worth it - I'll never see them that close again.

Only problem was - everyone around me was shouting to Tom Cruise, who came and stood in that enclosure.

They forgot who they had come for !!!!

those freaking casual fans, sometimes are despicables...

those freaking casual fans, sometimes are despicables...

I totally agree...... but one bloke next to me was really funny ( I keep laughing when I think about him ) he just kept shouting

" Tom... f*** in'..... Cruise ! " He just was so excited.

• Like 1

Manchester crowds are normally better for an atmosphere. Less "casual" fans

Having been at both Manchester and Wembley concerts, I do agree. Manchester had a much better atmosphere - EVERYONE was involved, singing, dancing jumping etc. Loads of 'casuals' just wandering around the back at Wembley and not taking any notice of our precious boys at all .

• Like 2

I totally agree...... but one bloke next to me was really funny ( I keep laughing when I think about him ) he just kept shouting

" Tom... f*** in'..... Cruise ! " He just was so excited.

jajajajaja, hope cruise ask him 5 pounds for scientology religion xD

• Like 1

oh my gosh this concert. I've completely lost my voice and now I'm going again this afternoon. While alessia cara was on, about 20 people were shouting and arguing because two women were pushing to the front saying "im looking for my daughter", they eventually ended up right in front of us, so naturally everyone made a fuss, and she was like "i cant see what the big deal is, i paid the same amount" - ridiculous.

• Like 1

oh my gosh this concert. I've completely lost my voice and now I'm going again this afternoon. While alessia cara was on, about 20 people were shouting and arguing because two women were pushing to the front saying "im looking for my daughter", they eventually ended up right in front of us, so naturally everyone made a fuss, and she was like "i cant see what the big deal is, i paid the same amount" - ridiculous.

Makes me laugh. I was a bit further back on the right hand side, but the amount of pushing in (by what turned out to be "casual fans") was ridiculous. Me and my sister must have been the only people within a mile radius who sang every word to every song. Fag-smoking wannabe hooligans, touchy, oblivious couples, popcorn bearing (yes, that's right) pusher-inners. Such a diverse crowd! :laugh4:

Seriously though, I think it's ironic when you witness the generosity of spirit coming from the band, only to be stood next to self-serving people. Would've preferred to have been surrounded by all of you lovely people, but hey. There's always next time! :)

• Like 2