June 17, 201610 yr Sounds perfect, too :cry: I'd much rather hear that at my concert than Ink on the B-Stage. Hopefully they'll play it in July!
June 17, 201610 yr Found this on YouTube Thank you! I can't believe they played AIMH. This tour is full of surprises and each concert seems different from the rest even in the same venue.
June 17, 201610 yr Thank you! I can't believe they played AIMH. This tour is full of surprises and each concert seems different from the rest even in the same venue. no problem! Yeah its been somewhat unpredictable what they'll play on the smaller stages lol
June 17, 201610 yr So ridiculously happy they pulled out Always In My Head! Was it anything like the Ghost Stories Tour version, or was it more stripped back? You can listen for yourself but it for my full nerd's answer - it sounds quite similar to the GS Tour version, with the lush strings and all. The only noticeable difference is that Jonny plays a different guitar part during the 1st verse with more distinct and different notes than the album/GS Tour version. Ink has had similar modification for Jonny's guitar parts, where certain bits are less atmospheric and more clear - possibly to not overload the B/C-stages with too many guitar effects and make it seem more stripped back (or perhaps there may be a technical limitation/decision - maybe these things require a pedal that Jonny only has one of, and needs on the main stage). All that is to say - it's a fun level of variation that we've seen with both AIMH and Ink that still keep the souls of those songs, and an all-around pleasant surprise.
June 17, 201610 yr I feel like almost everyone is going to one of the Wembley shows but I don't[emoji17]
June 17, 201610 yr if you arrive early on saturday check the soundcheck.... because yesterday they also played AIMH... but i though that they wouldnt put in the final setlist... like one i love in nice Sent from my X5 using Coldplaying mobile app
June 17, 201610 yr You can listen for yourself but it for my full nerd's answer - it sounds quite similar to the GS Tour version, with the lush strings and all. The only noticeable difference is that Jonny plays a different guitar part during the 1st verse with more distinct and different notes than the album/GS Tour version. Ink has had similar modification for Jonny's guitar parts, where certain bits are less atmospheric and more clear - possibly to not overload the B/C-stages with too many guitar effects and make it seem more stripped back (or perhaps there may be a technical limitation/decision - maybe these things require a pedal that Jonny only has one of, and needs on the main stage). All that is to say - it's a fun level of variation that we've seen with both AIMH and Ink that still keep the souls of those songs, and an all-around pleasant surprise. Right on!
June 17, 201610 yr Since AIMH was played (which I thought would never be played again), it shouldn't be long til all songs of GS is played! I wonder what other albums will have all songs played... I do expect XMTS to be played, so there's that :clap:
June 17, 201610 yr I do expect XMTS to be played, so there's that :clap: Interesting that you say that. Fun and XMTS are the only ones from the new album that haven't been performed. If the day ever comes when they will perform them, I'll be stoked!
June 17, 201610 yr Awesome setlist. AHFOD tour is awesome. So much surprise for a tour that started only a few moths ago. Great time to be a Coldplay fan regardless of your opinion about the latest album. Since AIMH was played (which I thought would never be played again), it shouldn't be long til all songs of GS is played! I wonder what other albums will have all songs played... I do expect XMTS to be played, so there's that :clap: They need to play Fun too :)
June 17, 201610 yr I was standing just out of the pic to the left ( a yard away from Tom Cruise - not that I was interested in him - no competition with Chris, a few yards away) A high moment of my life when the boys walked right past past me ! I'd 'sacrificed' a better view of the concert to grab my spec at the C stage...... and it was worth it - I'll never see them that close again. Only problem was - everyone around me was shouting to Tom Cruise, who came and stood in that enclosure. They forgot who they had come for !!!!
June 17, 201610 yr I was standing just out of the pic to the left ( a yard away from Tom Cruise - not that I was interested in him - no competition with Chris, a few yards away) A high moment of my life when the boys walked right past past me ! I'd 'sacrificed' a better view of the concert to grab my spec at the C stage...... and it was worth it - I'll never see them that close again. Only problem was - everyone around me was shouting to Tom Cruise, who came and stood in that enclosure. They forgot who they had come for !!!! those freaking casual fans, sometimes are despicables...
June 17, 201610 yr those freaking casual fans, sometimes are despicables... I totally agree...... but one bloke next to me was really funny ( I keep laughing when I think about him ) he just kept shouting " Tom... f*** in'..... Cruise ! " He just was so excited.
June 17, 201610 yr Manchester crowds are normally better for an atmosphere. Less "casual" fans Having been at both Manchester and Wembley concerts, I do agree. Manchester had a much better atmosphere - EVERYONE was involved, singing, dancing jumping etc. Loads of 'casuals' just wandering around the back at Wembley and not taking any notice of our precious boys at all .
June 17, 201610 yr I totally agree...... but one bloke next to me was really funny ( I keep laughing when I think about him ) he just kept shouting " Tom... f*** in'..... Cruise ! " He just was so excited. jajajajaja, hope cruise ask him 5 pounds for scientology religion xD
June 17, 201610 yr I decided not to bother with photos this time - just relax and enjoy the concert. But a woman standing next to me has promised to send me her brill photos, so I'll post some of those if / when they arrive.
June 18, 201610 yr oh my gosh this concert. I've completely lost my voice and now I'm going again this afternoon. While alessia cara was on, about 20 people were shouting and arguing because two women were pushing to the front saying "im looking for my daughter", they eventually ended up right in front of us, so naturally everyone made a fuss, and she was like "i cant see what the big deal is, i paid the same amount" - ridiculous.
June 18, 201610 yr oh my gosh this concert. I've completely lost my voice and now I'm going again this afternoon. While alessia cara was on, about 20 people were shouting and arguing because two women were pushing to the front saying "im looking for my daughter", they eventually ended up right in front of us, so naturally everyone made a fuss, and she was like "i cant see what the big deal is, i paid the same amount" - ridiculous. Makes me laugh. I was a bit further back on the right hand side, but the amount of pushing in (by what turned out to be "casual fans") was ridiculous. Me and my sister must have been the only people within a mile radius who sang every word to every song. Fag-smoking wannabe hooligans, touchy, oblivious couples, popcorn bearing (yes, that's right) pusher-inners. Such a diverse crowd! :laugh4: Seriously though, I think it's ironic when you witness the generosity of spirit coming from the band, only to be stood next to self-serving people. Would've preferred to have been surrounded by all of you lovely people, but hey. There's always next time! :)
Create an account or sign in to comment