✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

When the tour started, I posted that I didn't like the new setlist, that it felt too short and as if something was missing but after attending the three Mexico City shows I can safely say what I was very wrong, it's a great setlist. Perhaps I would replace Heroes with a VLV song (Strawberry Swing or Violet Hill), I hope this happens when the David Bowie fever passes and maybe (and this may be a controversial opinion) I would replace Clocks with In My Place or another X&Y song but, apart from that, it's great show and the song request idea is phenomenal, thanks to that I got to hear In My Place, Parachutes/Shiver and The Hardest Part, they also played See You Soon on the first night which was awesome. It is a really great, fun show, I hope you guys in Europe and in the US enjoy it and I hope they go to a lot of new places that they haven't visited yet.

• Like 4

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I would replace Heroes with a VLV song (Strawberry Swing or Violet Hill), I hope this happens when the David Bowie fever passes and maybe (and this may be a controversial opinion)

No, I agree 100%.

I would replace Clocks with In My Place or another X&Y song

Clocks is too iconic to cut. But then again, with this Clocks-lipsyncing fiasco....

song request idea is phenomenal, thanks to that I got to hear In My Place, Parachutes/Shiver and The Hardest Part, they also played See You Soon on the first night which was awesome.

True, but sometimes the requests they play seem a bit half-assed to me; skipping verses, and forgetting lyrics...iunno....

• Like 1

please don't get mad at me, but I had a feeling a while ago & it became almost a certainty reading the band recent messages

[MEDIA=twitter]722049419990970371[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/722049419990970371

[MEDIA=twitter]722094929883828224[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/722094929883828224

to me this sounded as if they are implying that this might be their farewell tour, so they will try to go to all the possible places & go through all their discography (fan requests). it's like they are giving everything they can in a final push before the end!

sorry to be such a downer but this how I feel :(

Nooooo its not going to be the farewell :bigcry:

• Like 1

I am pretty sure there will be a long hiatus after this tour. Hopefully we will get to hear a LP8.

I agree. It almost reminds me of one of those situations where a band goes away to live their lives and maybe starts touring/ producing again in their 50s.

• Like 2

I believe the band would never stop touring or would even still be releasing an album. I still think they are gonna be on a hiatus, like when they have done this previously, probably around 2.5 - 3 years? So let's say the band will end their tour at the end of next year 2017, they might release an album again in 2019 or sometime in 2020 (goddammit what a perfect digit!). Then they might tour but maybe not as big, or it could be. If it were meant to be a bigger tour I would assume bigger like X&Y or probably like Ghost Stories era, intimate shows and only go to a few cities.

All in all, as I have listened to Chris's previous interviews, the band will not break up, Chris will not go solo, and I believe the band will keep making music until they die (please dont die in the near time but really they will be fucking legends)

Coldplay cant be compared to legendary bands like The Beatles. But for an era like this, they will be the next generation of 'them'. The four-piece who always make music and still popular. I dont think I see fans get really hyped up until now. I dont know, maybe I'm just that huge fan. Sounds like biased but I know I'm fucking right :laugh3:

• Like 7

No. Jason is traveling with the crew during this tour on commercial flights. The band (plus a select group like Phil and Dan Green) is using a private airplane.

I would be surprised if they didn't have a private plane.

I've read "Roadie" [emoji6]

• Like 1

I'm totally on this theory of a long hiatus, cause now they are really putting everything they can into their dream tour. But for now and a long time ahead, they ARE a touring band, and it's a dream coming true for all of us Coldplayers :) And I'm sure they will continue making music and playing music in the ongoing future, even though they maybe wanna lay their energy on their families for a couple of years after this tour :)

• Like 1

I think it's just like chris always says: right now they don't really have any plans for their future, they just love where they are right now and try to have the best time and make it their best tour so far. (because why wouldn't they?;) )

But I think if they do go on a hiastus after the tour it won't be longer than a few years because just think of how much chris said they missed touring after only having a few shows for ghost stories. I can't imagine they could stand being gone for a long time. (At least I hope so!)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

I'm totally on this theory of a long hiatus, cause now they are really putting everything they can into their dream tour. But for now and a long time ahead, they ARE a touring band, and it's a dream coming true for all of us Coldplayers :) And I'm sure they will continue making music and playing music in the ongoing future, even though they maybe wanna lay their energy on their families for a couple of years after this tour :)

Dont say a long hiatus, it sounds scarier :bigcry:

They might be on a hiatus but not gonna be very long :D

Dont say a long hiatus, it sounds scarier :bigcry:

They might be on a hiatus but not gonna be very long :D

I wouldn't prefer a long one either, but maybe it would make them good and regain them the joy of touring and recording again. However, right now they are more into touring than ever - so there's a good sign! :)

Even though they would come back around 2020, that wouldn't be a too long hiatus actually. Just one or maybe one and a half extra year of rest than normally. :) Look at the years of releasing their previous records:

Also, this tour will probably end in 2017 :)

• Like 2

With the sad death of Prince, do you guys think they'll cover Prince on their sets? I believe they played/sang a snippet of "Purple Rain" during the SB halftime.

I have a feeling the band will. They might scrap Heroes by David Bowie or include both Purple Rain in the new setlist.

I have a feeling the band will. They might scrap Heroes by David Bowie or include both Purple Rain in the new setlist.

hmm.. i'm not sure. i can't seem to remember coldplay talking about prince as a huge influence, except for that half time show tribute. (i mean prince' was one of the best half time shows after all). but we've heard a lot about david bowie from coldplay, for the longest time.

• Like 2

With all due respect to those that have passed away this year, but I really hope not. It's kind of the band to pay a tribute to other artists but when I (or most people) go to a Coldplay concert, I wanna hear Coldplay songs. The setlist already is not that long, so...

• Like 2