✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Coldplay will do a Purple Rain cover? If they do then the Xylobands should send the whole stadium into a sea of purple. That would be a really touching tribute.

That would be really cool actually.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Chris has said its not the end and they aren't splitting up,he just said it might of been their last album.

Oh come on,don't say that :( I have to see them at least once in my life! And I think in one of their recents concerts at the end of it just before Up&Up Chris said something(I can't remember what) that implied that they will continue this for many years.

This post made me sad but I will try to stay positive...

I have this feeling too, and that makes me too sad. I think they'll take a very long hiatus before they start to record a new album. I don't want to think they'll split up that'd really break my heart. I enjoyed so much their concert and the energy they transmitted was unbelievable that I don't want that to be over. :(

I understand how you feel, @Safy. I get the same hunch from time to time and it would really suck if this is their last tour. I really think they are giving everything for the fans at this point. (I mean, they're giving love buttons away now, for goodness's sake.) Also, not saying they are old, but they are getting older, etc, etc...

HOWEVER, haven't they always given their all in every tour (maybe not in visiting every place but in terms of their shows)? Perhaps they're just really excited to tour. Another thing is that there's no way they will just break up the band and stop. First, music is basically Chris's identity so he won't be quitting that. Second, Chris has said that there's no way he's going solo. So Coldplay will remain. If anything, this tour is "the closing of a chapter" as they have said. I don't know exactly what that implies, but I think they will do something way different in the next stage of their lives. This is why I think Coldplay will remain for a while.

Edit: Also, I want to add that they might be touring every place they can just in case this is their last chance to do so. They always act like every album and every tour is their last (and that's why I love this band).

sorry for such a late reply :sweatdrop: the quotes I read from Chris' recent interview with Zane Lowe about how he doesn't know if there would be another conventional album or not reminded me of my initial fear/ feeling. Yes, I know he keeps saying these things every era, but this time (at least for me) it feels real :(

the thing is I think I know that Coldplay is a band that would prefer being asked why they have quit instead of asked why they are still going on. They were always looking at the future, making lists for things to be done, writing new songs while on tour. but now, all they say is that we are living in the moment, not looking beyond it & this confuses me.

Talking about touring specifically since this thread is about it, I personally think that if they can't top what they are doing this current tour (with the show/ effects/ Xylobands, etc), they will not be keen on going on another big tour doing the same things, not to mention there might not be another album to promote with touring.

so this is why they are trying this time to go to places they have never been as a sort of farewell. It annoys me personally because I still can't afford going to any of the announced shows (geography sucks).

maybe after this tour, they will perform only small shows or charity gigs..who knows? but for now, anyone who can go to shows this tour must seize the opportunity, it might be really the last chance:\

sorry for such a late reply :sweatdrop: the quotes I read from Chris' recent interview with Zane Lowe about how he doesn't know if there would be another conventional album or not reminded me of my initial fear/ feeling. Yes, I know he keeps saying these things every era, but this time (at least for me) it feels real :(

the thing is I think I know that Coldplay is a band that would prefer being asked why they have quit instead of asked why they are still going on. They were always looking at the future, making lists for things to be done, writing new songs while on tour. but now, all they say is that we are living in the moment, not looking beyond it & this confuses me.

Talking about touring specifically since this thread is about it, I personally think that if they can't top what they are doing this current tour (with the show/ effects/ Xylobands, etc), they will not be keen on going on another big tour doing the same things, not to mention there might not be another album to promote with touring.

so this is why they are trying this time to go to places they have never been as a sort of farewell. It annoys me personally because I still can't afford going to any of the announced shows (geography sucks).

maybe after this tour, they will perform only small shows or charity gigs..who knows? but for now, anyone who can go to shows this tour must seize the opportunity, it might be really the last chance:\

I think all we can do is wait, see what happens and hope that they will make another album....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I think they might do another one. By the end of the tour they will be like "fxck this was so great i just wanna keep this going" and do a new album. Or maybe they will go on hiatus so they can focus on other projects like Chris could make a solo album and tour a bit with it , and then come back, to be fair we had a LOT of Coldplay this past few years I mean, Ghost Stories and A Head Full of Dreams where only released a year apart . I reckon we should just enjoy the tour ,and by the end see how they feel about it ..

I'm going to miss the epic live version of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face; there doesn't seem to be a song where the band can rock out to during this tour, except maybe for the Paradise remix. The end to this performance of GPASUYF is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=3UBpzxqCGAc;m=3;s=32

I really miss this. This new GPASUYF version isn't that great really, and as for the previous version, you hit the nail on the head. It was perfect. It was like Coldplay took a bath in Muse and Nirvana's Nevermind and added an edgier sound. Now only if this rock element was merged with a VLV/AMSP like string element, we'd have a great album in our hands. Heck, I'd even love a more electronic/industrial NIN-like sound as well, but hey one can dream :)

• Like 3

I'd be crying:(

Jonny would have a pretty neat solo career though. He could form a band with Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead and they could become

The Two Jon Boys

LOL the two Jon boys

On the other hand, I do not think Chris will have a solo career someday.

Norys

I think its good they'll take a break. Other bands usually burn out from fame and success. Coldplay actually paced themselves.

Viva Era: Change in musical sound, escalation in popularity

MX Era: First attempt at pop. This allowed the band to become a global sensation

GS Era: Backing off from the big stage to keep things chill so the fame wouldn't burn out.

AHFOD Era: a big return that was more enjoyed after the bands quiet GS Era

Post AHFOD: Possibly a break, maybe a few singles in 2018, an EP, and I can see another album in 2020. A grand return after a quiet 3 years will allow them to get EVEN BIGGER without letting fame get to their heads and having their towering fame turn into a fad.

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

Oh come on,don't say that :( I have to see them at least once in my life! And I think in one of their recents concerts at the end of it just before Up&Up Chris said something(I can't remember what) that implied that they will continue this for many years.

This post made me sad but I will try to stay positive...

If this is their last album (which is not true!!!), it will be very very sad of course, but hey, it's COLDPLAY, they're professional musicians, they can't just stop making music. I can't imagine that they won't do anything anymore if this really is their last album. I think they would do at least shows within (nearly) all old songs and new(er) ones of course, imo.

Coldplay, please take a break or whatever's needed to let the band live forever and to make people like us feel great !

• Like 5

Post AHFOD: Possibly a break, maybe a few singles in 2018, an EP, and I can see another album in 2020. A grand return after a quiet 3 years will allow them to get EVEN BIGGER without letting fame get to their heads and having their towering fame turn into a fad.

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

That would be perfect imo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

Well I would like to say that in Nice they didn t sell tickets in two sides like in other shows (even if at least in Wembley they later said that the separation isnot longer in act) Maybe the stadium there, in france, is not big enough to the new stage. I know that I am climbing the mirrors (like we say in Italy) but I hope .. (don t know if you can understand any of this in my bad English)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Coldplaying mobile app

Attention everybody !

We (The I Ran Away Project) are in the final stages of preparing our video message to the band, asking them to play I Ran Away live during the AHFOD Tour 2016.

The last part of the video will feature the usernames of all Coldplaying members who support the idea to ask for I Ran Away live.

I am including those that have already said they would sign a petition like that. If you want to include YOUR username in the message sent to the band, please message me or post your intention here !

The audio is already availble in this thread, the video will be available shortly:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-i-ran-away-project-bringing-i-ran-away-live-to-the-ahfod-tour-2016.106550/page-15

Attention everybody !

We (The I Ran Away Project) are in the final stages of preparing our video message to the band, asking them to play I Ran Away live during the AHFOD Tour 2016.

The last part of the video will feature the usernames of all Coldplaying members who support the idea to ask for I Ran Away live.

I am including those that have already said they would sign a petition like that. If you want to include YOUR username in the message sent to the band, please message me or post your intention here !

The audio is already availble in this thread, the video will be available shortly:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-i-ran-away-project-bringing-i-ran-away-live-to-the-ahfod-tour-2016.106550/page-15

It is a great idea, I saw it when it begun but I didn't enter because my vocals would have ruined the all thing

Sent from my SM-G903F using Coldplaying mobile app