After listening to AFHOD in full at least 6 times.. This is my list:

AHFOD (Fun, Up&Up)

VLVADAAHF (Violet Hill, Viva La Vida)

AROBTTH (The Scientist, Clocks)

MX (Paradise, Charlie Brown)

X&Y (Fix You, Square One)

Parachutes (Yellow, Trouble)

GS (Magic, A Sky Full of Stars)

I know it's probably too early to rank AFHOD against the others, but I'm really liking EVERY song on the album. Haven't skipped any yet. I have always preferred more upbeat/pop stuff to their slower songs (in saying that, I like nearly every Coldplay song). I can't wait to see them for the first time live next year!

What if X&Y looked like this:

1. Square One
  2. White Shadows
  3. Fix You
  4. Talk
  5. Speed Of Sound
  6. X&Y
  7. Low
  8. A Message

9. Swallowed In The Sea
  10. Twisted Logic

~49 minutes

Dear God THE PERFECTION :")

Criminally underrated album, that's when I was introduced to them, this is Coldplay to me.

I would replace Swallowed in the Sea with What If, then it would be perfect for me ! But X&Y is near perfection also in its original form !

1. VLVODAAHF ( musically, sonically, technically and possibly lyrically Coldplay at there best to me, and even if they release an album just as good or even better, nothing will top this album out of pure emotion that I have for how important this album was to me at the time musically and in my life, plus it was my first concert :) )

2. Parachutes ( I always feel like this was Coldplay at there most raw and there are som beautiful, beautiful moments on this album, again it has a nostalgic appeal to me )

3. AROBTTH ( this one is close to AHFOD for me, but there is no denying that the passion and intensity put into these songs has been unmatched since, the production is near perfect in every way, and of course... Politik )

4. AHFOD ( I'm still settling into this one and I like it more and more as the days pass, I know people hate on the lyrics, but these are some of there strongest. Also I love the complex layered production, it works so much better here then MX, IMO this is a truly great pop album of our time )

5. Ghost stories ( there is beauty in simplicity, much like parachutes, except now with electronic drums and not quite as inspired lyrics. Still I love the feeling I get from this album, very peaceful and evening moving for brief periods. This is the last album on my list that I can listen to all the way through )

6. MX ( quite a few skips on this one, but also arguably one of the best openers and closers to any of their albums. As a whole it works, but the sum of the parts in this instance are not greater then the whole. )

7. Ok this one has the most powerful Coldplay moment in fix you, but it is bloated, a lot of the songs sort of just start blurring together at some point, and at times it gets boring. Still better then the majority of everything else out there, just not my favorite by far )

5. Ghost stories...very peaceful and evening moving for brief periods.

I want to have a serene experience listening to this album but maybe it will happen in 10 years time haha Many a tears were shed to GS tunes (or attempted to be shed, I dont seem to be able to produce many tears LOL) and even now it gives me a powerful emotional reaction. I find the album just haunting in a beautiful yet dreadful way.

It's about time I post my rankings here haha. This was a very difficult decision because I could not decide whether or not to put AHFOD ahead of or behind VLVODAAHF. After careful deliberation, this is what I have come up with:

1. AROBTTH

2. X&Y

3. Mylo Xyloto

4. VLVODAAHF

5. AHFOD

6. Parachutes

7. Ghost Stories

It's about time I post my rankings here haha. This was a very difficult decision because I could not decide whether or not to put AHFOD ahead of or behind VLVODAAHF. After careful deliberation, this is what I have come up with:

1. AROBTTH

2. X&Y

3. Mylo Xyloto

4. VLVODAAHF

5. AHFOD

6. Parachutes

7. Ghost Stories

What made you decide for Viva in the end? :)

1. VLVODAAHF (Fav: Viva La Vida)

2. Mylo Xyloto (Fav: Paradise)

3. AHFOD (Fav: Up&Up)

4. AROBTTH (Fav: The Scientist)

5. Ghost Stories (Fav: Magic)

6. Parachutes (Fav: Yellow)

7. X&Y (Fav: Fix You)

I'm not sure if AHFOD will stay up there for long, maybe it's the new-factor. Despite Fix You being my favourite song ever, I can't stand the rest of X&Y for some reason. Maybe it's the space synths, maybe it's the over-usdd falsetto and overdone guitar... anyway there's my list.

1. A Rush of Blood to the Head - 9.8/10

2. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends/Prospekt's March - 9/10

3. X&Y - 8.5/10

4. Parachutes - 8/10

5. Mylo Xyloto - 6.5/10

6. Ghost Stories - 5.5/10

7. A Head Full of Dreams - 4.25/10

Here is my list. Note that every album is perfect for a specific mood or feeling. NOW this is my list, but it changes as I change mood. I won't write the favorite song beacause this is an album ranking not a song ranking. Individually speaking, my top 5 maybe won't include any of X&Y songs, but the whole album is at number 1 right now.

1. X&Y

2. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

3. A Head Full of Dreams

4. Mylo Xyloto

5. A Rush of Blood of the Head

6. Ghost Stories

7. Parachutes

Any list with Mylo Xyloto and AHFOD ahead of AROBTTH are just wrong.

That's a personal opinion, not a universal truth. There are many reasons why somebody would consider one album ahead of another for oneself. How something is making us feel and what it reminds us of is is luckily something very personal and unique. :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hah I think I have listed this before but my mind always comes in changes from time to time

1. Parachutes

2. X&Y

3. Mylo Xyloto

4. Ghost Stories

5. A Rush of Blood To The Head

6. Viva La Vida

7. A Head Full of Dreams

Damn, now it's so hard to choose which ones are the bestest. You know, I don't really want to put AHFOD and VLV at the very end but that my mind says I have to hmm