✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank The 7 Coldplay Albums. New Challenger: AHFOD

jc90

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A Rush Of Blood To The Head ( 1.The Scientist / 2.Politik / 3.Green Eyes )

2 Parachutes ( 1.Yellow / 2.Trouble / 3. Don't Panic )

--------------------------

3. Viva La Vida ( Too hard to choose : Viva la vida / Violet Hill / Reign Of Love / 42 / Strawberry Swing / The Escapist )

4. A Head Full Of Dreams ( AHFOD/ Amazing Day / Hymn For The Weekend / Fun / up&up Live )

5. Mylo Xyloto ( 1. Us Against The World / 2. Hurst Like Heaven / 3. ETIAW-Charlie Brown-UFO )

6. X&Y ( 1. Fix you .................................................. 2. Swallowed in the sea / 3. A Message )

7. Ghost Stories (1. O / 2. Oceans / 3. Midnight )

1. AROBTTH (leyend album) fav: GPASUYF and Politik

2. Parachutes (Fav:Shiver/HighSpeed) = X&Y (Fav:SquareOne/X&Y/TwistedLogic/WhatIf) = VLV&DAAHF (Fav:Lovers+Reign of Love/Strawberry swing/ Life in Tech II /42) = GS (Oceans/FlyOn/AlwaysInMyHead/ASkyFullOfStars) seriously i cannot make difference in preference of this albums, they are just perfect for me.

6. MX (fav: hurts like a heaven/charlie brown/major minus/don't let it break your heart) just below the rest because PoC is in the track list, is a good pop song and i like, but it doesn't have relation with MX concept, i always skip it when appears in MX, and only i heard as a single track in a random playlist, without PoC it will be sharing the 2nd place

distance

more distance

7. AHFOD (fav:AHFOD/AOAL/Amazing Day/Up&Up) enough bad songs (HFTW, Kaleidoscope, Army of One, X Marks the Spot) to rate as the worst coldplay album, as coldplayer i can say it's very weird in them.

I am having a hard time placing AHFOD right now...it will definitely need to grow on me like GS, but here it goes:

1. VLVODAAHF (9.8/10): Every song wonderful, and love the experimentation. Beautiful song writing. (42, CiL, LiJ, VH)

2. AROBTTH (9.5/10): An dreary alt-rock masterpiece with pop perfection. (Politik, The Scientist, Amsterdam, A Whisper)

3. Parachutes (9/10): A beautiful debut record. Indie flavoring with britpop flare. (Don't Panic, Yellow, Spies, ENL)

4. X&Y (8.9/10): A plethora of great songs and gritty space rock. (Square One, White Shadows, Low, Til Kingdom Come)

5. Mylo Xyloto (8.7/10): An incredible concept record of great alternative pop sounds. (HLH, Paradise, DLIBYH, Major Minus)

6/7. Ghost Stories (8.3/10): A dreamy electronic pop record with some real stunners. (AIMH, Ink, Midnight, O)

AHFOD (8.3/10): A full out pop excursion with genre experimentation and positive vibes (Birds, Everglow, AD, Up&Up)

Conclusion: Every Coldplay album is really good. Clearly I prefer some of their older styles to those so far this decade, but I still love every album.

• Like 1

Oh tough one...I´ll try:

1- A head full of dreams (I am already loving Adventure more than any other single before it & I have a great feeling about this album)

2- Mylo Xyloto (it was a beginning of a new era in my life, the beginning of my life really and this album marked it so wonderfully. It will always be special to me)

3- Ghost Stories (it has one of my favourite tracks ever in it: Sky Full of stars , which means a lot to me for personal reasons. I went through my most major breakup ever during the release of this album, so every song has been played to death and resonated with me so much, helped me get through it)

4- Viva La Vida (I went through 3 concerts from this era so I have great memories of it and I love the revolutionary colourful vibe it has!)

5- X&Y (my first Coldplay concert and despite being bloated still a good album)

7- Rush of Blood (Clocks and Green Eyes is very personal to me, Politik is still their best rocking tune)

6- Parachutes (Actually I have a fond memory of the song Spies, the very first Coldplay song I ever heard, but I discovered the rest of the album much later on so no particular strong feelings associated with it)

Edit: I just only now realised I listed their albums in inverse order of release. lol Guess I am kinda in tune with where the band is going then perhaps? Lets hope it continues to be so ! :)

01 Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends

02 A Rush Of Blood To The Head

03 A Head Full Of Dreams

04 Mylo Xyloto

05 Ghost Stories

06 Parachutes

07 X&Y

Interested to know how I'll see that in a year or so. The ranking of an album for me also has to do with how they toured it. During the Twisted Logic tour I felt no connection with the band and it also left the album stained in a way. MX & Viva were my favourite tours and I associate many happy memories with the albums. :)

• Like 1

WHAAT ? :( I so wish I could have gone to the Twisted Logic tour. I still believe the X&Y Era was Coldplay at their peak.

I went to the Twisted Logic tour. It was definitely not their peak live-wise imo. The Viva concert at Wembley was spectacular I remember, but it was MX in Paris which truly is the best Coldplay concert ever for me so far. Dual xylobands during Charlie Brown in a full stadium: need I say more :)

1. Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends

Lovers In Japan/Reign of Love

2. A Rush of Blood to the Head

Politik

3. Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

4. A Head Full of Dreams

Amazing Day

5. Parachutes

Yellow

6. X&Y

Swallowed in the Sea

7. Ghost Stories

Always in My Head

Well as someone who loves the X&Y songs and their sound I naturally would have preferred going to the Twisted Logic Tour. I also liked the equality sign and outfits of that Era. I feel they were big at that time, but not too big - for some reason these huuuge stadium shows don't have as much appeal to me. I think they were the right size during AROBTTH and X&Y.

Well as someone who loves the X&Y songs and their sound I naturally would have preferred going to the Twisted Logic Tour. I also liked the equality sign and outfits of that Era. I feel they were big at that time, but not too big - for some reason these huuuge stadium shows don't have as much appeal to me. I think they were the right size during AROBTTH and X&Y.

Arguably Coldplay was at their biggest during X&Y in the sense that the hype up to that album was huge! They always have B and even C stages during the stadium shows so it has those intimate moments too. But whats great about their big shows is that you dont feel like a small speck in the sea of people, you really feel involved in the show, so its both a celebration of the music but also of all the people together. :)

• Like 1

Arguably Coldplay was at their biggest during X&Y in the sense that the hype up to that album was huge! They always have B and even C stages during the stadium shows so it has those intimate moments too. But whats great about their big shows is that you dont feel like a small speck in the sea of people, you really feel involved in the show, so its both a celebration of the music but also of all the people together. :)

As you know all these things are very subjective, but say what you will - I've watched countless concerts on YouTube (although it's not as good as being there, obviously) and still the concerts of the X&Y (and AROBTTH...) Era like Glastonbury 2005 are my favourites :)

- for some reason these huuuge stadium shows don't have as much appeal to me. I think they were the right size during AROBTTH and X&Y.

Preach. The only difference between those small(er) shows and those stadium shows is the number of songs played. I'd rather hear a 17 song set with mostly X&Y than a 24 song set with like 1 song from X&Y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you know all these things are very subjective, but say what you will - I've watched countless concerts on YouTube (although it's not as good as being there, obviously) and still the concerts of the X&Y (and AROBTTH...) Era like Glastonbury 2005 are my favourites :)

They are subjective but cant be compared unless you´ve been to the aforementioned different eras shows :) Truly you have to be there to get the full experience and then of course you can draw a conclusion :) To be perfectly honest I cud see myself enjoying the early shows ore than the latest ones when watched on my tv screen (I have all the live shows), but no way I wud rather go now to a X&Y show than an MX one hehe

Yeah, of course I can only judge from the screen but in the first place I have to love the music being played :D and what anthamic said is true !

Well if you dont like the songs then clearly the show won't appeal to you hehe I mean I hear U2 shows are amazing, but I dont like most of their songs so I´d probably be bored despite the great choreography setting and all hehe

I was strictly speaking of the quality of their live shows. There is no denying they are better now than they were, if you like colourful shows with plenty of surprises (like yellow balloons and paper butterflies hehe)

My current ranking is:

1. Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends (Strawberry Swing)

2. X&Y (White Shadows)

3. A Rush of Blood to the Head (Politik)

4. A Head Full of Dreams (either Amazing Day, Everglow, or Up&Up, I can't decide yet!)

5. Parachutes (Spies)

6. Mylo Xyloto (Major Minus)

7. Ghost Stories (Fly On)

What if X&Y looked like this:

1. Square One
  2. White Shadows
  3. Fix You
  4. Talk
  5. Speed Of Sound
  6. X&Y
  7. Low
  8. A Message

9. Swallowed In The Sea
  10. Twisted Logic

~49 minutes

Dear God THE PERFECTION :")

Criminally underrated album, that's when I was introduced to them, this is Coldplay to me.

• Like 2

Criminally underrated album, that's when I was introduced to them, this is Coldplay to me.

Hey this is also where I really got into Coldplay :) I´ve never bought a whole album by them prior this, only heard the main songs mostly. Twisted Logic tour was also my first concert.