✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up Music Video

AMDB9

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the hidden messages and I'm discovering more and more. The child playing while the world is turned up side down. Popcorn erupting from volcano for me it's saying most of our fears are bigger than the reality, they are just popcorn not lava. The skiers on a snow pillow representing that some peoples dreams are only reality on the bed. The environment and refugee issues. The slum bending to the ocean showing we all have the same home (Earth) and we shared the same ocean we should not treat the people living it like they are on a different world, we are one with the sea. There is so much in there. I could go on and on and on..:laugh3::laugh4::laugh4:

• Like 6

God, this is so cool. Aside from being a physical embodiment of A Head Full of Dreams, this is just another reminder that Coldplay is one of the most creative bands out there. Typically, I'm not too fond on music videos by anyone, even Coldplay, so I don't like ever get excited for music videos. But this, Birds and Every Teardrop have got to be some of the best music videos they've ever released, and I'm so happy Up&Up is this great so late into their career.

Seriously, this video is just so good.

By now I haven't read a really negative comment or someone who disliked the video, which makes me really happy cause usually fans always find something to complain about or to hate the "new" coldplay[emoji1]

Especially on Coldplaying! Seeing universal cheer for something here anymore is like striking oil.

• Like 9

I don't want to get into this but just for your gen knowledge:

There isn't any wall in Gaza. only on the Gaza-Egypt border.

"apartheid"...

Perhaps I should have been more specific. There are many walls, but after studying the video a little, I think it most closely resembles the West Bank Apartheid Wall.

Also, I think it would be good to 'get into it'. We're here to dissect / comment on the video are we not? Do you think it's acceptable that Palestinians live in an open air prison? More people need to learn about the occupation. The band, and the Israeli filmmakers who produced the video are clearly making a point: all walls are a violation of humanity. They should be broken down so that we can all live united, together, rather than divided, as the powers that be would have it.

• Like 4

Listen, you can tell the same lie a thousand times, but it never gets anymore true.

- The purpose of the wall was to secure and to save civilians lives (jews and arabs), the Apartheid thing is only in your head.

- The decision to build came after more than 100 suicide bombings within Israel, more then 1500 Israelis, jews and arabs lost their lives. and you don't know how is it to live in constant fear that your bus might explode or someone will stub you from the back. just because you're jewish.

- There are 1,760,000 arabs INSIDE Israel, which have the same exact rights as jews/druze/christians etc, so how exactly its an "Apartheid"? where is the racial segregation here?

- thousand of findings in Judea and Samaria saying what you can never denied, there was United kingdom of Israel long before crusaders and Islam. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Kingdom_of_Israel_1020_map.svg

- what about the occupied Jewish temple mount?

- My family is from Tunis originally. 800,000 jews was forced to leave arab countries after Israel declaration of independence.

- you want more people to learn about history? no problem. The name "Palestine" was first used by romans (Hadrian to be exect) who exiled the jewish people from the land of Israel and Judea, in order to punish them and disconnect them from their own land. the term "Palestinian people" was first used by arabs in 1964.

you can learn about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYMviMHH0nc

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYMviMHH0nc

and here: http://www.think-israel.org/ronen.hadriancurse.html and if you don't believe those sources, just ask google where did the name palestine come from.

- learn about the UN plan from 1947: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine who said OK, and who decided to go to war? (and eventually lose)

- if someone forced you out of your own home, doesn't make it his, Right?. so the same deal with Israel. Don't be hypocrite.

btw, about the directors "point": you can't really fool me about their real motivation and drive on this one. trust me I know what i'm talking about.

We all wish a free united world without any walls or barriers between people. but peoples lives are preferable at this point of time. when the killings on both sides will stop, I also would not want to see this or any security wall.

it's always easy to say things when your'e far away, without any real clue on what's going on.

LOVED this video. Also interesting to note - the music video actually uses a different, and in my opinion, SUPERIOR edit of the song. If you compare what was released on Spotify vs what's the in the video....

-No funky silence at about 1:25 in the music video, where in the Spotify radio edit, there is a silence after playing 1 bar. Way jarring in the Spotify version....flows nicely in the music video.

-At about 3:45, you don't hear the 2nd guitar solo starting as you can hear in the Spotify edit. They also layered the "ooooh's" into the music videos' final chorus, which is a nice touch!

WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE THIS EDIT?!?!?!?!

• Like 4

Listen, you can tell the same lie a thousand times, but it never gets anymore true.

- The purpose of the wall was to secure and to save civilians lives (jews and arabs), the Apartheid thing is only in your head.

- The decision to build came after more than 100 suicide bombings within Israel, more then 1500 Israelis, jews and arabs lost their lives. and you don't know how is it to live in constant fear that your bus might explode or someone will stub you from the back. just because you're jewish.

- There are 1,760,000 arabs INSIDE Israel, which have the same exact rights as jews/druze/christians etc, so how exactly its an "Apartheid"? where is the racial segregation here?

- thousand of findings in Judea and Samaria saying what you can never denied, there was United kingdom of Israel long before crusaders and Islam. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Kingdom_of_Israel_1020_map.svg

- My family is from Tunis originally. 800,000 jews was forced to leave arab countries after Israel declaration of independence.

- you want more people to learn about history? no problem. The name "Palestine" was first used by romans (Hadrian to be exect) who exiled the jewish people from the land of Israel and Judea, in order to punish them and disconnect them from their own land. the term "Palestinian people" was first used by arabs in 1964.

and here: http://www.think-israel.org/ronen.hadriancurse.html and if you don't believe those sources, just ask google where did the name palestine come from.

- learn about the UN plan from 1947: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine who said OK, and who decided to go to war? (and eventually lose)

- if someone forced you out of your own home, doesn't make it his, Right?. so the same deal with Israel. Don't be hypocrite.

btw, about the directors "point": you can't really fool me about their real motivation and drive on this one. trust me I know what i'm talking about.

We all wish a free united world without any walls or barriers between people. but peoples lives are preferable at this point of time. when the killings on both sides will stop, I also would not want to see this or any security wall.

it's always easy to say things when your'e far away, without any real clue on what's going on.

Yes, you're right. I don't currently live in occupied Palestine. However, I've not told any lies, nor do I seek to mislead you. Your argument would be compelling if it were not for that fact that millions of people world wide (many of them Jews) acknowledge that Israel is a dangerously nationalistic, militaristic, apartheid state. It seems to me that you are intentionally ignoring the fact that Palestinians are denied basic human rights. It is also grossly offensive and deeply saddening that you refuse to acknowledge the very existence of the Palestinian people, of which there are over 12 million world wide - many of whom were of course forced from their lands during the Nakba, which is of course when Israel declared its independence. I do hope that you withdraw this racist and deeply misinformed claim. I think you're better than that, Ryon.

I'm not going to bother to dispute/correct many of the points you make. Mainly because this isn't the most appropriate forum. I will however address the main crux of your argument.

First of all, no one, either in the Israeli establishment or in the international community, truly believes for a second that the wall - which is by no means a "security wall" - was built to "secure and to save civilian lives". It was erected to divide two seemingly separate ethnic groups, and preference Israeli settlers, and not even indigenous Jews, over Palestinian Arabs. Did you know that the Nazis did a similar thing to Polish Jews when they built walls and around the Warsaw Ghetto? It was wrong then and it's simply wrong now. It is extremely disingenuous to even attempt to condone this inhumane and disastrous policy, (however I sense that you are actually a genuinely well meaning person, inside, which is why I continue to appeal to you). My fundamental point is that if you say you want a free and united world, you should stop making excuses for historic and present day atrocities. That line of argument will never win. Humans are humans. Surely you agree that we cannot have one rule for one and one rule for another? You are a valuable human and of course deserve to live in peace and security, but so do the many Palestinians, Arabs and even diasporic Africans who have made Israel / Palestine their home, but don't currently have the same rights. Surely, we should support equal rights for all those that inhabit Israel / Palestine and recognise the wrongs done to the Palestinians, who lived in relative peace with Jews and other ethnic / religious groups before the creation of Israel.

When I criticise the Israeli state I'd like you to know that I'm not seeking to attack you, far from it. However, you must at the very least acknowledge the right Palestinians have to repatriation, land, freedom and security. It is the Israeli government supported by the UK and USA who are to blame for the current situation (a situation which is damaging to everyone concerned) and they should be held responsible.

Ultimately though, I hope that in the spirit of the credo of Up&Up, we can agree that genuine peace and reconciliation for all are causes worth supporting, without any exceptions.

• Like 2

Yes, you're right. I don't currently live in occupied Palestine. However, I've not told any lies, nor do I seek to mislead you. Your argument would be compelling if it were not for that fact that millions of people world wide (many of them Jews) acknowledge that Israel is a dangerously nationalistic, militaristic, apartheid state. It seems to me that you are intentionally ignoring the fact that Palestinians are denied basic human rights. It is also grossly offensive and deeply saddening that you refuse to acknowledge the very existence of the Palestinian people, of which there are over 12 million world wide - many of whom were of course forced from their lands during the Nakba, which is of course when Israel declared its independence. I do hope that you withdraw this racist and deeply misinformed claim. I think you're better than that, Ryon.

I'm not going to bother to dispute/correct many of the points you make. Mainly because this isn't the most appropriate forum. I will however address the main crux of your argument.

First of all, no one, either in the Israeli establishment or in the international community, truly believes for a second that the wall - which is by no means a "security wall" - was built to "secure and to save civilian lives". It was erected to divide two seemingly separate ethnic groups, and preference Israeli settlers, and not even indigenous Jews, over Palestinian Arabs. Did you know that the Nazis did a similar thing to Polish Jews when they built walls and around the Warsaw Ghetto? It was wrong then and it's simply wrong now. It is extremely disingenuous to even attempt to condone this inhumane and disastrous policy, (however I sense that you are actually a genuinely well meaning person, inside, which is why I continue to appeal to you). My fundamental point is that if you say you want a free and united world, you should stop making excuses for historic and present day atrocities. That line of argument will never win. Humans are humans. Surely you agree that we cannot have one rule for one and one rule for another? You are a valuable human and of course deserve to live in peace and security, but so do the many Palestinians, Arabs and even diasporic Africans who have made Israel / Palestine their home, but don't currently have the same rights. Surely, we should support equal rights for all those that inhabit Israel / Palestine and recognise the wrongs done to the Palestinians, who lived in relative peace with Jews and other ethnic / religious groups before the creation of Israel.

When I criticise the Israeli state I'd like you to know that I'm not seeking to attack you, far from it. However, you must at the very least acknowledge the right Palestinians have to repatriation, land, freedom and security. It is the Israeli government supported by the UK and USA who are to blame for the current situation (a situation which is damaging to everyone concerned) and they should be held responsible.

Ultimately though, I hope that in the spirit of the credo of Up&Up, we can agree that that genuine peace and reconciliation for all are causes worth supporting, without any exceptions.

Aw yiss, I knew it was only a matter of time until politics, religions and human conflicts would infest themselves into this nice clean thread :wacko:

Anyways, I stay for the music and visual presentations! lajumpplz.gif?1

• Like 5

It's so hard to rate since Coldplay hasn't really done a video like this since perhaps Don't Panic, which is also kind of surreal. But I'd rank them like this:

1. Strawberry Swing

2. Tie between Up&Up and the Scientist

3. Paradise

4. Life in Technicolor ii

and the rest :p

The Hardest Part stands proudly on the very end of the list HAHA

• Like 1

Up and Up will be one of those videos I'll watch over and over and keep seeing new things. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. I love Guy in the mountains and clouds. But that sponge with the football field...yuck!

• Like 3

I'm very sorry that it didn't meet your standards.

but ill tell you something: When I see people talking like you, I truly understand the power of propaganda and brainwash.

You obviously not thinking this is the first time I hear about those "millions of people" who saying Israel is this and that :D. someone once said "even if the whole world says something stupid, it is still something stupid".

so, nothing new here. there are many many people who would like to see Israel cease to exist. a lot of reasons but mainly anti-semitism.

and also, the most antisemitic people in history were jewish (carl marx for example) so that's not that impressive either.

the question here is if you really want to understand the history and the complexity of the conflict, or just to yell "apartheid apartheid" all day without any basis in reality.

because I guess we both know the answer, and you probably fully adopted the BDS lies and propaganda, so trying to established a rational conversation will

"racist and deeply misinformed claim"?

I would like you to meet Azmi Bishara, a very famous Arab/"palestinian" who said the exact same thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azmi_Bishara

is he a "racist" too, sir?

and btw, I didn't denied the very existence of the palestinian people today, I just asked where did the name "palestine" come from. who use it first and for what reason. learning history is never a bad thing. (I'll give you another clue: in the 1947 partition plan jews and arabs were considered both as part of "palestine")

but funny thing here. When Mahmoud abbas say he "will never recognized Israel as a jewish state"(i guess) it's OK. but when Im not recognizing palestine as the state of palestinian people. it's suddenly not OK. well, great integrity there mate.

double standards someone?

And I really don't get it, why when Palestinian were "forced from their lands" I can hear alot of empathy in your voice. but when almost 1 milliom jews were forced from their lands from arab countries after 1948, ahh- all fine here!

Militaristic- yes, I agree. but i believe this is for a good reason. when 5 arab countries with 100 million invade 1 country with 600,000 people (1948), this one tiny country need a bit of military capabilities, don't you think? (+countries in the process of getting nuclear weapons while saying they will "wipe israel off the map" as soon as possible)

"dangerously nationalistic" and "apartheid state"? absolutely not.

ohh, please bother. please do. Interesting thing in the other post you was wondering about why not get into it, and suddenly this "isn't appropriate"...

I will be more than happy to discuss about each and every point.

as I said earlier: the "apartheid" use here is a complete lie. and just revealhow deep is the propaganda behind it, and how much you and people like you dont really understand the situation in a serious and deep manner. but simply brainwashed by BDS and others.

The security wall does not create separation based on ethnicity or religion, period. rather it is meant only to prevent terrorists from entering Israel. It is an existential need and every country would act the same.

A year after the fence was built, there was a 30% reduction in the number of terrorist attacks and the number of israelis killed was reduced by 90%. On the day that "palestinian terror ceases, the fence will come down. but I promise you- not a single day earlier. our people security is before "lets break the wall" hippi trends. I know this is kind of fun,

but believe me, it's not about my opinion or views, or what "millions of people" around the world are thinking. it's about people lives. and it will stay that way as long as the need remains. be sure.

maybe not seeking to attack me, but let me tell you somthing: if you are against that wall, at this particular time, that means you are in favor of suicide bombing in tel aviv against israeli civilians. it's as simple as that.

And please check the International court of justice docs from july 2004, clearly shows that they eventually accept to see the fence as a "temporary countermeasure. but hey, why bother with facts...

and btw, the conflict and palestinian acts of terror in Israel started a long time before Israel took control of the territories (learn about 1929 hebron massacre). and in the 1940’s, the palestinian leadership

cooperated with the nazis against the jews and the terror against Israel started long long before the territories were conquered in 1967. if the territories were the problem,

how do you explain the fact that in 2005 Israel pulled out of the gaza strip to the last meter, and since that time,

some 20,000 rockets have rained down upon the Israeli civilian population?

*and that was before the blockade of gaza, so if you were going there, let's spare time for both of us and try to find some other "excuse for atrocities".

but ill tell you something: When I see people talking like you, I truly understand the power of propaganda and brainwash.

You obviously not thinking this is the first time I hear about those "millions of people" who saying Israel is this and that :D. someone once said "even if the whole world says something stupid, it is still something stupid".

so, nothing new here. there are many many people who would like to see Israel cease to exist. a lot of reasons but mainly anti-semitism.

and also, the most antisemitic people in history were jewish (carl marx for example) so that's not that impressive either.

the question here is if you really want to understand the history and the complexity of the conflict, or just to yell "apartheid apartheid" all day without any basis in reality.

because I guess we both know the answer, and you probably fully adopted the BDS lies and propaganda, so trying to established a rational conversation will

I would like you to meet Azmi Bishara, a very famous Arab/"palestinian" who said the exact same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp1OS-20Bzc

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp1OS-20Bzc

and btw, I didn't denied the very existence of the palestinian people today, I just asked where did the name "palestine" come from. who use it first and for what reason. learning history is never a bad thing. (I'll give you another clue: in the 1947 partition plan jews and arabs were considered both as part of "palestine")

but funny thing here. When Mahmoud abbas say he "will never recognized Israel as a jewish state"(i guess) it's OK. but when Im not recognizing palestine as the state of palestinian people. it's suddenly not OK. well, great integrity there mate.

And I really don't get it, why when Palestinian were "forced from their lands" I can hear alot of empathy in your voice. but when almost 1 milliom jews were forced from their lands from arab countries after 1948, ahh- all fine here!

Militaristic- yes, I agree. but i believe this is for a good reason. when 5 arab countries with 100 million invade 1 country with 600,000 people (1948), this one tiny country need a bit of military capabilities, don't you think? (+countries in the process of getting nuclear weapons while saying they will "wipe israel off the map" as soon as possible)

ohh, please bother. please do. Interesting thing in the other post you was wondering about why not get into it, and suddenly this "isn't appropriate"...

as I said earlier: the "apartheid" use here is a complete lie. and just revealhow deep is the propaganda behind it, and how much you and people like you dont really understand the situation in a serious and deep manner. but simply brainwashed by BDS and others.

The security wall does not create separation based on ethnicity or religion, period. rather it is meant only to prevent terrorists from entering Israel. It is an existential need and every country would act the same.

A year after the fence was built, there was a 30% reduction in the number of terrorist attacks and the number of israelis killed was reduced by 90%. On the day that "palestinian terror ceases, the fence will come down. but I promise you- not a single day earlier. our people security is before "lets break the wall" hippi trends. I know this is kind of fun,

but believe me, it's not about my opinion or views, or what "millions of people" around the world are thinking. it's about people lives. and it will stay that way as long as the need remains. be sure.

maybe not seeking to attack me, but let me tell you somthing: if you are against that wall, at this particular time, that means you are in favor of suicide bombing in tel aviv against israeli civilians. it's as simple as that.

And please check the International court of justice docs from july 2004, clearly shows that they eventually accept to see the fence as a "temporary countermeasure. but hey, why bother with facts...

and btw, the conflict and palestinian acts of terror in Israel started a long time before Israel took control of the territories (learn about 1929 hebron massacre). and in the 1940’s, the palestinian leadership

cooperated with the nazis against the jews and the terror against Israel started long long before the territories were conquered in 1967. if the territories were the problem,

how do you explain the fact that in 2005 Israel pulled out of the gaza strip to the last meter, and since that time,

*and that was before the blockade of gaza, so if you were going there, let's spare time for both of us and try to find some other "excuse for atrocities".

If you wanna talk politics, leave. This forum is for Politiks only

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp1OS-20Bzc

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp1OS-20Bzc

tumblr_m7afyxYKDe1qckj7l.jpg

nobody asked for you political opinion

If you wanna talk politics, leave. This forum is for Politiks only

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

4386025-i-see-what-you-did-there-rage-face-meme.jpg