✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I can remember the time when Coldplay performed at the GC Fest back in (September) 2015. Less than 2 months later, they released the 15 - second teaser of AOAL in November. And then the song came out and the album about a week later.

I don't think they'll do it the same way again, right? That would just be too obvious and less exciting (for me at least).

• Like 2

So with a chance of playing Glasto 2020 AND this Global Citizen festival news, there's no doubt we'll be getting something by summer. If you google around for Coldplay odds playing at Glasto, things are pretty promising (5/2 odds in many cases). They wouldn't play Glasto 2020 without new music... right?!

• Like 2

I can remember the time when Coldplay performed at the GC Fest back in (September) 2015. Less than 2 months later, they released the 15 - second teaser of AOAL in November. And then the song came out and the album about a week later.

I don't think they'll do it the same way again, right? That would just be too obvious and less exciting (for me at least).

How do other bands do it? I don't follow anyone else really, at least not this closely.

So with a chance of playing Glasto 2020 AND this Global Citizen festival news, there's no doubt we'll be getting something by summer. If you google around for Coldplay odds playing at Glasto, things are pretty promising (5/2 odds in many cases). They wouldn't play Glasto 2020 without new music... right?!

Its only a chance at Glasto, so I wouldnt exactly say there's no doubt, although odds are improving with the GC fest.

I saw those odds before, but thats probably someone pulling numbers out of thin air like I did a few posts ago. It means nothing, just speculation. But no, I dont think they'd do either show without at least some new music.

• Like 2

Well, that was quite a long read! It's so nice to much activity on the forums these days.

And of course I'm so happy that after all these years there's finally some news about the band! I'm so happy we can finally start to countdown.

I am pretty sure Coldplay are going to release something before the Global Citizen gig in September next year. I think March - June would be a nice period to see some teasers!

About the performance, I think Coldplay's setlist will be something like this:

1. Adventure Of A Lifetime

2. A Sky Full Of Stars

3. New song (?)

4. Viva La Vida

5. Up&Up

I'd love for some new CP material next year, and I'm hoping it's as far away from AHFOD as humanly possible. Awesome that Chris is getting the guys involved in Global Citizen again, too (with Muse, RHCP, Metallica and Billie Eilish, to add:)).

but yeah...that's a terrible setlist

• Like 2

I'd love for some new CP material next year, and I'm hoping it's as far away from AHFOD as humanly possible. Awesome that Chris is getting the guys involved in Global Citizen again, too (with Muse, RHCP, Metallica and Billie Eilish, to add:)).

but yeah...that's a terrible setlist

I think these songs would be suitable to play for a Global Citizen gig for the people living in difficult circumstances.

• Like 2