✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Someone on the discord channel was saying the album is called Fool’s Gold and a bunch of stuff about the album.

Said their source is connected to the label etc. Gave loads of details but idk probably a load of bs.

• Like 3

Someone on the discord channel was saying the album is called Fool’s Gold and a bunch of stuff about the album.

Said their source is connected to the label etc. Gave loads of details but idk probably a load of bs.

Share it anyway! I'm always interested in what kind of theories people come up with regarding new Coldplay material.

• Like 4

I cannot see this posted here, so I just want to let you know that somebody on PulseMusic board wrote this two weeks ago:

"The DJ at my local Alternative station said he heard Coldplay's new single and that we would be hearing it on the radio soon. He described it as "joyful". "

• Like 2

See I both love and hate this because the live versions always end up sounding better than the studio versions. Maybe not even sounding better, but they just warp the perspective of the song If that makes any sense lol. For example, when the studio version for HLH came out I remember being a bit disappointed with the guitar solo because it didn't have the same tone it had in the live version. That's just probably me being weird though lol.

But at the same time I agree with you. There is something about hearing that xylophone in the Rock AM Ring version that takes me back to the summer of 2011. I actually sometimes prefer listening to that version versus something like live 2012. Even though it's lower-quality, it just has that nostalgic factor going for it.

You're not alone, pal. I felt the same way with All I Can Think About Is You, on Jonny's guitar solo.

• Like 5

So, some guy on Discord says:

1. New album called "Fool's Gold" will be released by the end of the year.

2. Named after that line from Birds.

3. New single will be out either tomorrow, or next Friday or the one after that (haha)

4. LP8 is 99.9% done and is 'experimental', or at the very least, some songs are not radio friendly.

5. The boys are working on LP9 at the moment, due end of 2020

6. LP9 is more upbeat, pop, sort of like AHFOD

7. The two song titles 'revealed' are Metamorphosis, which is supposedly amazing, weird and is sort of like Midnight and One Way Train

8. He goes back and forth on "Conscious Pilot" or at least I didn't get what he meant. First he says it's on the album but called differently, then he says he doesn't know. This is the part that did not sound very believable to me.

9. There is a collab with DAFT PUNK and Foster the People.

• Like 12

So gist of what discord person said was this:

Album is called Fool’s Gold.

Has source close to label/direct to label.

First single either this Friday, the next Friday or the Friday after.

First single called Metamorphosis.

Generally album is experimental and they describe it as not “radio-friendly”. They say weird time signatures and that the album is political.

Guy has a much bigger role.

Another song called One Way Train.

9 total tracks on album.

No tour except for maybe few shows.

Ft. Daft Punk and Foster the People

What do you guys think?

edit: @pansonic

I interpreted it as them saying Conscious Pilot is a track name on the album but that the newly discovered two registered songs are aliases

• Like 4

See I both love and hate this because the live versions always end up sounding better than the studio versions. Maybe not even sounding better, but they just warp the perspective of the song If that makes any sense lol. For example, when the studio version for HLH came out I remember being a bit disappointed with the guitar solo because it didn't have the same tone it had in the live version. That's just probably me being weird though lol.

But at the same time I agree with you. There is something about hearing that xylophone in the Rock AM Ring version that takes me back to the summer of 2011. I actually sometimes prefer listening to that version versus something like live 2012. Even though it's lower-quality, it just has that nostalgic factor going for it.

Yes! I share your thoughts too. I find it such a shame that (some of) Jonny's guitar solos and/or riffs sound so gentle that you can barely hear it on the studio version. For example, Jonny's guitar riffs and solo (near the end) on Paradise live is 100 times better than just that one string 'solo' in the studio version. Don't Let It Break Your Heart is also one of those songs where you can barely hear J's riffs. Only the people that know what Jonny is playing on the track know that the guitar is constantly there. DLIBYH Live 2012 made it sound more 'alternative'.

And there are many more of course. Cemeteries Of London as well....

• Like 5

what a wild day.

super specific leaks? A music video for another band covering Coldplay? but then a tweet about coldplaly recording a music video in LA at an elementary school?

WHAT IS GOING ON AHHH HYPE AND CONFUSION

EDIT: Fool's Gold sounds plausible, but probably b.s. with no source... Oldplayers help me out, wasn't there a rumor a long time ago about them releasing something called Fools Gold? Like maybe pre-MX? I'm having deja vu right now.

• Like 4

Yes! I share your thoughts too. I find it such a shame that (some of) Jonny's guitar solos and/or riffs sound so gentle that you can barely hear it on the studio version. For example, Jonny's guitar riffs and solo (near the end) on Paradise live is 100 times better than just that one string 'solo' in the studio version. Don't Let It Break Your Heart is also one of those songs where you can barely hear J's riffs. Only the people that know what Jonny is playing on the track know that the guitar is constantly there. DLIBYH Live 2012 made it sound more 'alternative'.

And there are many more of course. Cemeteries Of London as well....

Yup these are some other great examples. It's a shame but I guess it makes the live versions all that much better.

• Like 1

Also feeling hype.

But.

It could take a while for stuff to get finalized / perfected. Remember when everyone kept hoping AHFOD movie would come out and it took a year? Trying to balance my expectations here. :joy:

FYI GREG JAMES would not be posting this if he didn't know about new music coming soon. Tomorrow or next friday likely. Harry Styles also returns tomorrow.

Greg James is the man Coldplay wrote a song for, for his breakfast show.

• Like 4

What discoed group is this?

• Like 1