✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted for "second half of 2020" because I think this is the likeliest. At any rate, I do not want them to release an album earlier. Except for a few weeks the boys haven't spent any time at the Bakery together, and we all know Coldplay are at their most creative and productive when they are jamming in one room together (e.g. AROBTTH, X&Y, Viva, even Kaleidoscope EP, which they mostly recorded while on tour together), and tend to make less good music when they are recording separately (the scrapped early version of X&Y, AHFOD...). I really don't want them to release an album unless they have been spending enough time together in the Bakery - and clearly this year at least Guy and Chris are still very much involved in other leisure activities. I hope 2019 will be the year they properly start recording again, and 2020 the release of a new and great album to mark twenty years since their amazing debut.

• Like 8

Consparicy theory: Coldplay wants a real WORLD tour, so literally almost every country. But because they don't have experience with playing in country's in the middle-east etc, they needed a cultural advisor. And as Chris said at the end of the AHFOD tour: "We will come back here again, in two years or so... I promise!" in 2017...

• Like 7

Last time I saw it was in february / march and back then it felt like they were testing something because sometimes it appeared and sometimes it didn't.

And I remember Coldplaying tweeting it was removed from the site

Has shown up for me continuously for the last couple of months. Maybe it's dependent on browser or location?

• Like 3

Little chart I made. My speculation is that we will get a new EP in late 2020, and LP8 in early 2021. I'm totally fine with that.

[ATTACH=full]9101[/ATTACH]

Don't forget though, that all the latest EPs are released after a LP. It's most likely that an EP will contain songs that were left out from a LP. Except if they abandon the album format overall...

• Like 5

• Administrators

I don't think we can follow usual trends here since we have "finished the first chapter" of Coldplay. I definitely think we will see something in 2020, perhaps the second or third quarter. Anything before or after will be surprising!

• Like 4

I wouldn't count ETIAW as an EP to be honest, more as a single with B-sides.

I tend to agree. Similarly with the ASFOS EP. Perhaps it feels that way because we heard the songs of the EP before the EP came out. Compared to with PMEP and KEP, there were at least some songs on there that were brand new. Cool correlation, but I dont there's causation.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

2021 seems to be most likely given Chris' latest hint he's taking some time off.

They might abandon the concept of releasing everything at a time and go four-by-four songs like John Mayer or go full LP with a long long songlist.

The narration might be different any case.

Crazy to think this forum has been around for so long, we always get to the new era!

• Like 2

• Administrators

2021 seems to be most likely given Chris' latest hint he's taking some time off.

They might abandon the concept of releasing everything at a time and go four-by-four songs like John Mayer or go full LP with a long long songlist.

The narration might be different any case.

Crazy to think this forum has been around for so long, we always get to the new era!

Yeah, Chris' message was slightly unnerving. The site has been up since 2000 if you can believe that! Oh and we have no plans on shutting down any time soon. Even if nobody visits it, we will still continue to keep it up!

• Like 10

@I ran away @jc90 I share your thoughts about ETIAW and ASFOS, they don't feel like real EPs, I know that we've heard of the songs before they came out but they're rather small EPs too so they barely count anyway IMO

@yoyo2000 did you change your mind lol? been well over a week and I was able to vote. I said second half of 2020 but apparently others on here are saying Chris is taking a break which is kind of unsettling, yes. But it's not like they don't deserve a break. After all they've been doing for the past over 2 decades I definitely think they all do deserve to take a break, and they're very popular as well so it's nice to get out of the spotlight a little (I personally hate the idea of fame so I definitely wouldn't want to be chasing that). But still that does leave ample time for a late 2020 release. Here's hoping.

@driftaguy I think I've had enough of Los Unidades for now lol. But I mean I'm open to it I suppose, if they keep putting out more "unsold ideas" via that outlet. I just wish they'd tone down the pop a little next time.

• Like 4

Yeah, Chris' message was slightly unnerving. The site has been up since 2000 if you can believe that! Oh and we have no plans on shutting down any time soon. Even if nobody visits it, we will still continue to keep it up!

I am happy to know this site will continue to stay up regardless of the amount of visitors!!! I have been through many eras (member since 2004) and look forward to reading and participating in discussions/hype leading up to the new album!

• Like 6

I know, I've been here myself since I was a teenager (2006)! I still remember that crazy "Album is leaking in Justin" day. Crazy :)

• Like 5