✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

You are both true and I share your viewpoint! My post was meant to be sarcastic of the fact we all seem to be very certain that the rumour is a fact!

I don't know what to say about all these things going on the last days.

It's certain that they are cooking something and it won't be long until we get it.

The article seems legit and it is aligned with everything we already know (e.g. NME article, sessions and meetings, AHFOD film) and the author seems to be an insider in music industry. But I will choose to keep my expectations low, cause I know from past experience how it is with rumours.

I wonder what Coldplay management thinks about the article and the author, if the article is legit...

No worries, I had a feeling most comments were sarcastic, but also know some are legit. I know from past similar situations, people seemed very upset with the band for unrealistic and unestablished expectations that the fandom placed on the band. So, like here, someone posted that they expected a single next week. Afterwards, we should not be upset with the band for them not meeting our made up timelines. I know most of us are better than this, but I know a few people will be upset.

• Like 5

Also, @driftaguy, how did you search for composers on APRA. I can only search for titles and writers.

Those songs are listed on several online databases, it wasn't APRA I found them on. I just posted screenshots of APRA as I knew they were definitely on there and couldn't remember which database I first discovered them on.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yes I actually discovered the songs. I spend a lot of time going through a whole load of databases a few times each month.

Your dedication is so admirable. I have updated the article to include your name. Thank you so much!

• Like 6

Are you sure that

This one got added to Chris' list on ASCAP in the past weeks. [http://prntscr.com/ph3l4f]

Just another version of E-LO... Why did they register 3 versions of it though? [http://prntscr.com/ph3m9d]

I think they recorded multiple versions of E-LO and had to decide which one was the best so they released one and left the other versions for what it is?

• Like 2

Haha. So we keep pulling the date closer and closer . From late 2020, to global citizen 2020 to late 2019 to Oct 21 2019 to just 18th nice. I have my hopes up now -- lets pray that it isn't all an overreaction on our part

Yeah, I know it's a bit opportunistic to say the least, but I'm just putting the dots together based on the rumors and info we currently have. We know that for some reason, the music industry decided on Friday as their weekly new music day. The band are rumored to make an appearance at Rock the Vote on Monday the 21st. So when do you release your new single if you're planning on performing your new song on Monday the 21st? Right, the Friday before.

That being said, it's Coldplay we're taking about. I'm not trying to give people false hope, but this wouldn't be the first time the band premiered a new song live before releasing the single or album it's part of. I think they most recently did that with Amazing Day. We heard that song months before AHFOD at Global Citizen Festival.

• Like 3

The band are rumored to make an appearance at Rock the Vote on Monday the 21st. So when do you release your new single if you're planning on performing your new song on Monday the 21st? Right, the Friday before.

That being said, it's Coldplay we're taking about. I'm not trying to give people false hope, but this wouldn't be the first time the band premiered a new song live before releasing the single or album it's part of. I think they most recently did that with Amazing Day. We heard that song months before AHFOD at Global Citizen Festival.

And more songs. I think we already heard half the album before they officially released it. They did that Tidal X performance in the Belasco Theatre in LA, in I think it was November 2015, as well, where they have played 4 new songs in total of which 3 were played live for the first time such as AHFOD, AOAL (was released on that day) and Up&Up. Which was really cool.

Playing new songs live without having them released first is an option and it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me at all =D

• Like 2

And more songs. I think we already heard half the album before they officially released it. They did that Tidal X performance in the Belasco Theatre in LA, in I think it was November 2015, as well, where they have played 4 new songs in total of which 3 were played live for the first time such as AHFOD, AOAL (was released on that day) and Up&Up. Which was really cool.

Playing new songs live without having them released first is an option and it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me at all =D

I love when bands play new songs live before the album versions are released. Coldplay did this in 2011 when we all heard MX/HLV, Charlie Brown, and Major Minus at Rock AM Ring (I think?) before any single was released. An excitement I cannot describe came upon me when I first heard the Xylophone of MX. At this point.. we didn't even know what MX stood for. Arcade Fire played the songs live before releasing Everything Now as well. I have a feeling Coldplay goes this route.

• Like 2

I know I'm responsible for hyping some people up with my comments to try and make sense of a new album coming next month but just want to be clear we're still just speculating and we should continue to manage our expectations...

that being said imagine if they dropped a new single tomorrow (Friday) ! ! ! ! haha

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I know I'm responsible for hyping some people up with my comments to try and make sense of a new album coming next month but just want to be clear we're still just speculating and we should continue to manage our expectations...

that being said imagine if they dropped a new single tomorrow (Friday) ! ! ! ! haha

I hope they will! =)

I love when bands play new songs live before the album versions are released. Coldplay did this in 2011 when we all heard MX/HLV, Charlie Brown, and Major Minus at Rock AM Ring (I think?) before any single was released. An excitement I cannot describe came upon me when I first heard the Xylophone of MX. At this point.. we didn't even know what MX stood for. Arcade Fire played the songs live before releasing Everything Now as well. I have a feeling Coldplay goes this route.

See I both love and hate this because the live versions always end up sounding better than the studio versions. Maybe not even sounding better, but they just warp the perspective of the song If that makes any sense lol. For example, when the studio version for HLH came out I remember being a bit disappointed with the guitar solo because it didn't have the same tone it had in the live version. That's just probably me being weird though lol.

But at the same time I agree with you. There is something about hearing that xylophone in the Rock AM Ring version that takes me back to the summer of 2011. I actually sometimes prefer listening to that version versus something like live 2012. Even though it's lower-quality, it just has that nostalgic factor going for it.

• Like 7

Someone on the discord channel was saying the album is called Fool’s Gold and a bunch of stuff about the album.

Said their source is connected to the label etc. Gave loads of details but idk probably a load of bs.

• Like 3

Someone on the discord channel was saying the album is called Fool’s Gold and a bunch of stuff about the album.

Said their source is connected to the label etc. Gave loads of details but idk probably a load of bs.

Share it anyway! I'm always interested in what kind of theories people come up with regarding new Coldplay material.

• Like 4

I cannot see this posted here, so I just want to let you know that somebody on PulseMusic board wrote this two weeks ago:

"The DJ at my local Alternative station said he heard Coldplay's new single and that we would be hearing it on the radio soon. He described it as "joyful". "

• Like 2

See I both love and hate this because the live versions always end up sounding better than the studio versions. Maybe not even sounding better, but they just warp the perspective of the song If that makes any sense lol. For example, when the studio version for HLH came out I remember being a bit disappointed with the guitar solo because it didn't have the same tone it had in the live version. That's just probably me being weird though lol.

But at the same time I agree with you. There is something about hearing that xylophone in the Rock AM Ring version that takes me back to the summer of 2011. I actually sometimes prefer listening to that version versus something like live 2012. Even though it's lower-quality, it just has that nostalgic factor going for it.

You're not alone, pal. I felt the same way with All I Can Think About Is You, on Jonny's guitar solo.

• Like 5

So gist of what discord person said was this:

Album is called Fool’s Gold.

Has source close to label/direct to label.

First single either this Friday, the next Friday or the Friday after.

First single called Metamorphosis.

Generally album is experimental and they describe it as not “radio-friendly”. They say weird time signatures and that the album is political.

Guy has a much bigger role.

Another song called One Way Train.

9 total tracks on album.

No tour except for maybe few shows.

Ft. Daft Punk and Foster the People

What do you guys think?

edit: @pansonic

I interpreted it as them saying Conscious Pilot is a track name on the album but that the newly discovered two registered songs are aliases

• Like 4