✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it definitely is.

Given the fact they were recording together in Paris it's sure that Davide will be on their next project!

On r/Coldplay did anyone else see that comment that they're releaseing something in the next 30 days?! Can you believe?!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Yeah, wouldnt trust it either. But seeing that tease is enough assurance for me that we're on the right track.

Stalking the user on reddit a bit, seems like he might be from Buffalo if that helps somehow. If we have other users here perhaps, or something.

• Like 2

I think it definitely is.

Given the fact they were recording together in Paris it's sure that Davide will be on their next project!

It would be amazing indeed if they went back to more of their alt rock sounds....Chris playing Violet Hill recently gives me hope.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's kinda cool this feeling of uncertainty towards what the band is doing. Up until mid-summer I was sure we would get something new before the year ends, now not so much. I still think they'll do Glastonbury 50 and maybe some other festivals before as warm-up.

Kinda off topic but Keane released their new album today. Can't believe they managed to sound nostalgic and so good without relying on their old tricks. Saddens me to say that Coldplay is too big to do that now, but part of the uncertainty means I can still have some hope.

• Like 3

Wait, did anyone catch this deleted comment? Does this guy know something?

[ATTACH=full]9209[/ATTACH]

Go to his page on reddit. He has been hinting at things for months. I'd be suspicious/take it with a grain of salt. But he's been doing this for a while now. Seems way too into it/active on other music/tour subreddits to just be trolling.538443778_ScreenShot2019-09-21at11_04_52am.thumb.png.d7f68a27cde7f63212b872f955154ccf.png

1472222385_ScreenShot2019-09-21at11_05_20am.png.d118a5dcf3fcb8e9dfecf56fd018ea3e.png

1113032262_ScreenShot2019-09-21at11_05_49am.thumb.png.c99302fe5e15c5ada2c4370cca202d42.png

It's someone who is on this forum as well...

Generally speaking (and this is not a personal attack by any means) I have to admit I'm not a fan of this type of 'teasing'.

If you know something and wanna say something, then say it.

If you know something and you're not gonna say it, then just don't say anything at all. This way of "yeah I know something but I can't really tell, but you'll like the first single, but I should delete this etc" is just driving people crazy and creates much ado about...nothing.

• Like 10

The deleted comment said something like "The album's sound is halfway between X&Y and AHFOD".

ah, thank you!

Thats a little hard for me to imagine in terms of theme anyways. X&Y was a bit of a sciency, black and white sort of album whereas AHFOD was very colourful. At least thats how I imagined them. Coupled with how Davide posted Viva la Vida, seems like something doesnt make sense.

• Like 2

Sorry to give that poster more views, but the one concrete thing they said was "I’ll add that when [new music] comes, no one will expect the album to be finished". To me, that sounds like it will come before summer 2020. I think thats the general consensus from the fandom, that LP8 is coming then.

• Like 4

I'm not a fan of this type of 'teasing'.

Nor am I.

I have the impression someone is just making fun of Coldplay fans watching with a sort of malicious joy their excitement and finally their disappointment when nothing happens and no new music is being released.

• Like 2

Nor am I.

I have the impression someone is just making fun of Coldplay fans watching with a sort of malicious joy their excitement and finally their disappointment when nothing happens and no new music is being released.

I mean i don't think it's malicious. Jimmy is a huge fan himself (he's been to around 85 Coldplay concerts i think !) and does have some connections, so I wouldn't put it past him actually having heard a new piece of music somehow.

But as I said...not a fan of this kind of pointless teasing.

• Like 6

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9221]9221[/ATTACH]

Guy got credited on a song, nothing to do with Coldplay I think but still interesting that he is in fact making music.

Great news! So all of them (with the exception of Chris) are making new music.

Great news! So all of them (with the exception of Chris) are making new music.

The most probable scenario is that they make music together. They usually upload their songs on ASCAP as soon as they are officially released (so it's normal there isn't sth new on ASCAP).

• Like 2