✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

[parsehtml]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LOOK HOW BALD HE IS THIS IS A SHAVED HEAD IM GETTING AROBTTH!CHRIS VIBES <a href="https://t.co/05rJwFRxmN">pic.twitter.com/05rJwFRxmN</a></p>— bald headed chris stan acct (@buckIands) <a href="

28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/parsehtml]

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now in 2001 :laughing::laughing:

No offence, but the photo where he looks directly at the camera scared the hell out of me. He looks as if he is ill and has lost weight o_O

by the way, it's so nice to see some Coldplaying members from times gone by around :)

• Like 1

[uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] haha, semi hoping that means they'll make some more music closer to the style of AROBTTH too! as unlikely as that is.....

@I ran away, well world music would at least signify that they're branching out into more diverse genres of music and incorporating another mix into their ever evolving musical style. it'll most certainly be mixed with pop but if it steps outside their comfort zone enough (or, more than what Los Unidades delivered us) I'd be really happy with it.

I wouldn't doubt it either, seeing as they're increasingly getting more involved in more worldwide activities than ever before, and their music has shown reflections of that as far back as AHFOD VLVODAAHF(oh lawd, as far back as AHFOD? is the album already almost four years old? oh geez that means I've been a CP fan for four years! I actually just realized that! Got into them in 2015. geez the time flies don't it........ I know that's nothing to most of you but it's a lot to me that it's already been four :O) but yeah, and the influences are only getting more apparent so I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about that, as there's already enough evidence for it anyway.

• Like 7

[uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] haha, semi hoping that means they'll make some more music closer to the style of AROBTTH too! as unlikely as that is.....

@I ran away, well world music would at least signify that they're branching out into more diverse genres of music and incorporating another mix into their ever evolving musical style. it'll most certainly be mixed with pop but if it steps outside their comfort zone enough (or, more than what Los Unidades delivered us) I'd be really happy with it.

I wouldn't doubt it either, seeing as they're increasingly getting more involved in more worldwide activities than ever before, and their music has shown reflections of that as far back as AHFOD (oh lawd, as far back as AHFOD? is the album already almost four years old? oh geez that means I've been a CP fan for four years! I actually just realized that! Got into them in 2015. geez the time flies don't it........ I know that's nothing to most of you but it's a lot to me that it's already been four :O) but yeah, and the influences are only getting more apparent so I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about that, as there's already enough evidence for it anyway.

I think their world music influences even go back as far as VLVODAAHF to be honest

Nothing too important but may be worth mentioning. You may have noticed on Instagram that Davide Rossi was in a studio in Paris two days ago.

http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/luxembourg/story/chris-martin-etait-aussi-present-pour-rammstein-10217907

According to this article it is very likely to be Coldplay related, as Chris was also in Paris for "recording sessions" before attending the Rammstein gig.

Hello,

This is the Saint Germain studio a record studio in Paris. You can discover it here : https://www.lesstudiossaintgermain.com/

This is a "retro studio" for "acoustic/piano/jazz sound", i can't imagine the band recording electronic title like A Head Full of Dreams at here.

This studio owns the only one neve 3188 console in the world. Piano on the Davide photo is not owned by the studio.

Next photo of Davide is taken from "hotel du louvre", and Guy from "Lutecia Hotel" near of the Saint Germain studio

• Like 4

Hi, I was a bit bored this saturday night, so I thought I would update my old album release chart:

1568506299158.thumb.png.00eeb725f9fc6ab29d3cba45bef9a023.png

I grabbed all the dates from wikipedia, and if a date was, say, August 30 2002, I just put August 2002 as opposed to September 2002.

I think my original chart years ago used album release as the official start of the era. However, I realized that they usually release singles before. It really didn't change the data too much, or my 'conclusion' at the end anyways. For example, of note, if you take a look at LP6, I recall having the Midnight MV released first before the Magic single. However, this only changed the beginning of the era by a month.

I recall reading around here or in the random thread someone was trying to correlate the EP releases. A few users, myself included, didn't really count things like the ETIAW EP as a true EP. The only EPs really were Prospekt's March and Kaleidoscope EP. And even then, the EP releases fit within the tour beginning and end, so I didn't even bother giving it its own column.

My conclusion isn't very exciting and maybe not even surprising to some: its that we have no idea when LP8 is coming, LOL.

I tried three things

1) average offseason duration

2) average offseason duration without the 8 month outlier

3) maximum offseason duration (19 months)

and added them to the LP7 end date of November 2017.

To save you the work, at best, using these numbers would suggest we should have had something this past Spring already. I actually think that was my original guess back in 2017/2018. The band has never been off for this long.

Hmm, but while I was typing this, I remembered about Los Unidades. They were technically a thing starting November 2018. If we add the numbers to that we would get summertime 2020. I don't know, admittedly, its a bit of a stretch depending on you think Los Unidades was, but just something to think about.

• Like 12

Something else I noticed while compiling this. Actually, I noticed this last time I made the chart, but when I took the info from the various wikipedia articles, it also lists the period the album was recorded. I never paid too much attention to this because I wasn't sure of its accuracy, and I would imagine all the behind-the-scenes, background recording process dates and details would come out after the fact, not before. But I took a closer look this time around.

1568553723191.thumb.png.720ababd0e577753dd699bcc5b5c0b94.png

The recording durations are all over the place. It ranges from 6 months with Parachutes to nearly 3 times as long with Viva. As I alluded to before as well, we don't know precisely when they started recording. It seems the band has a tendency to sometimes work immediately after the last tour date of the previous era (refer to the previous chart) or sometimes they would work on the next album while the current era is still happening!

I cant grab any useful info at the moment with this, but again, good to have the info all in one place.

• Like 6

Something else I noticed while compiling this. Actually, I noticed this last time I made the chart, but when I took the info from the various wikipedia articles, it also lists the period the album was recorded. I never paid too much attention to this because I wasn't sure of its accuracy, and I would imagine all the behind-the-scenes, background recording process dates and details would come out after the fact, not before. But I took a closer look this time around.

[ATTACH type=full" width="640px" alt="9183]9183[/ATTACH]

The recording durations are all over the place. It ranges from 6 months with Parachutes to nearly 3 times as long with Viva. As I alluded to before as well, we don't know precisely when they started recording. It seems the band has a tendency to sometimes work immediately after the last tour date of the previous era (refer to the previous chart) or sometimes they would work on the next album while the current era is still happening!

I cant grab any useful info at the moment with this, but again, good to have the info all in one place.

Based on Guy's comments in that magazine a couple years ago, he said they agreed on "around a 1 year break of no writing or recording" after AHFOD tour ended, which they had never done before I don't think. At least not that long.

From what I remember, there were no sightings of the band together whatsoever between Nov 2017 and December 2018, then suddenly they were spotted all together in December 2018 like signing things and probably plotting and planning. Considering Dave Holmes said they would take their time to come back with something really special, it's probably more like 14-18 months of recording from that December 2018 date (which was 1 year after AHFOD). So then that would put recording ending around Feb 2020-June 2020, and then a release couple months later?

Another variable in this is that obviously 95% of the songs (or more) start with Chris, and despite not writing or recording for 1 year, Chris obviously is writing songs all the time. So they must have plenty of material to work off of, it's just a matter of picking good songs and putting it all together into a coherent album that is fresh.

• Like 6

then suddenly they were spotted all together in December 2018 like signing things and probably plotting and planning.

That mightve been Los Unidades.

Based on Guy's comments in that magazine a couple years ago, he said they agreed on "around a 1 year break of no writing or recording" after AHFOD tour ended, which they had never done before I don't think. At least not that long.

They do tend to take breaks, but yeah, probably nothing this long before.

Chris obviously is writing songs all the time. So they must have plenty of material

This is obviously not the case. In several articles you can read what the band thinks about Chris:

"Chris' bandmates like Dakota, but the fact that he's dropped everything to be by her side is starting to get on their nerves. He's letting their music come second so he can focus on being with Dakota"

So even if Chris doesn't write new songs, Will and Jonny luckily have started writing songs, or at least one song ('Conscious pilot'). So there is hope they might write more songs.

Hmm, havent really heard that before. I wonder if this is one of those tabloid things we should take with a grain of salt? Either way, I think what Zero Theory meant was that Chris is always writing in some capacity, even if the Dakota story was true. Maybe Chris doesn't have time to go ditch Dakota from Vancouver to fly to a London studio, but he seems the type (and has said so as well) to get songs sent to him from the universe. Like, if a new chord strikes him, or a new progression, or a riff comes to mind, he'd make a note on his phone and save it for when he is with the band, like we know he likely was over the summer (via Guy's instagram).

• Like 6

when he is with the band, like we know he likely was over the summer (via Guy's instagram).

I didn't see a hint on Guy's instagram that the band was together in London. But if so, it would be great! It would mean that they all were working together.

:)

I recall it was Guy's Insta Story thing? Sorry I dont have Insta. And I think it was SoCal? Memory is fuzzy now, arg. That, or was it some fans who made a pilgrimage to The Bakery and saw something/someone?

Either way, I'm fairly certain they're in the actual music-making phase of the offseason, and not so much the break part.

That Dakota rumor is just a tabloid rumor. Ironically, it came right when the other members of the band, who we know are less 'driven' than Chris when it comes to starting songs, were beginning to take their well-deserved rest. So we know it's not true

They did record something together in studios in Paris as per Guy's and Davide's IG posts during summer. But that might have been for Los Unidades.

• Like 5

They did record something together in studios in Paris as per Guy's and Davide's IG posts during summer. But that might have been for Los Unidades.

ah, yes, thats it

I hope/don't think its for Los Unidades. We havent heard anything from them since late last year, and this Paris studio stuff was from this summer, so I think they're working on actual Coldplay stuff!

This is obviously not the case. In several articles you can read what the band thinks about Chris:

"Chris' bandmates like Dakota, but the fact that he's dropped everything to be by her side is starting to get on their nerves. He's letting their music come second so he can focus on being with Dakota"

So even if Chris doesn't write new songs, Will and Jonny luckily have started writing songs, or at least one song ('Conscious pilot'). So there is hope they might write more songs.

I'll trust Mat Whitecross saying Chris is in and out of the studio writing songs every day over a nonsensical tabloid rumor :joy:

You can't seriously believe Guy, Jonny or Will have gone to a tabloid newspaper and expressed their disappointment in Chris...

Beyond this, Chris has described in multiple interviews his lengthy notes on his phones of inspiration he gets for music every day... and how ever since he started the band he would quite often get a rush of inspiration and run to a piano or guitar and flesh out a song. Sometimes in the middle of the night. He wrote the bones of Clocks, Paradise, Viva La Vida and countless others in a matter of 10 minutes off a whirlwind of inspiration.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1