✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arabesque - Sunrise

danirl87

Don't wanna just repeat what everyone else is saying but, holy shit this thing is insane! The fact the world's biggest pop band chose to release this as a lead single bodes very well.

Orphan is their lead single be it that's their first MV of the bunch.

• Like 3

love love love this song! of the last 4 eras, this is the most excited i've been after the initial taste. midnight is a close second, but this takes the cake. love the swearing. meaningfully and impactfully done. only took them 20 years. can't wait for the album now!

• Like 7

I love the ending and it's a really cool song overall but I'm not sure how I feel about the brass section. I think they're getting a lot of credit for something none of them play themselves (maybe this is an unpopular opinion)

Well, David Rossi has been playing violin for Coldplay since Viva. That's not a member of the band playing, either. It's still THEIR idea for the song.

• Like 4

I'm in love with this song... currently my favorite of the two we got today, because of just how bold it is. I'm curious about what it'd sound like on VLVODAAHF in place of Yes; right now Yes is the only other song in their catalogue with a clear Arabic music influence, and Arabesque just fits that Viva vibe so well, which is only natural considering that era was when it originated.

I still can't pin down who exactly is singing the French verse, is it Stromae?

Can you imagine this being performed at Glastonbury. Oh man. Goosebumps.

Gosh, they already live for that kind of stage, but this song? On the pyramid stage? *dies*

I really hope they have an actual saxophonist onstage, too.

• Like 3

Has there been an era that’s signaled such an artistically drastic turn as Everyday Life has brought so far? Arabesque is absolutely mind-blowing, and I should clarify just the thought of listening to Arabesque again and again and again gets me all riled up. It’s bold, it’s full of energy and life, and it doesn’t hold back on message or sound. The band has done what longterm, new and non-fans assumed was in the past: reinvention. I’m absolutely fucking giddy for the album.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Has there been an era that’s signaled such an artistically drastic turn as Everyday Life has brought so far? Arabesque is absolutely mind-blowing, and I should clarify just the thought of listening to Arabesque again and again and again gets me all riled up. It’s bold, it’s full of energy and life, and it doesn’t hold back on message or sound. The band has done what longterm, new and non-fans assumed was in the past: reinvention. I’m absolutely fucking giddy for the album.

I'm not saying Everyday Life is going to compete with Kid A by any stretch. But Arabesque signals a change in direction that is honestly comparable to Kid A. It borrows from Viva, but at the same time it has this profound freshness that comes from true experimentation.

• Like 4

I'm not saying Everyday Life is going to compete with Kid A by any stretch. But Arabesque signals a change in direction that is honestly comparable to Kid A. It borrows from Viva, but at the same time it has this profound freshness that comes from true experimentation.

I feel the same way. Their lead singles have long been accurate depictions of the album as a whole, and today’s songs brought me so much more anticipation than what I was expecting. They’re entering an entirely new creative stage of their careers.

• Like 3

Well you could say the same for Midnight. But that didn’t give an accurate example of how the whole album was gonna be.

I’m really hoping this song won’t be another Midnight and this would just be a one off. Really hope the boys stuck to their guns and had the Sunrise part just as experimental.

Also. I can’t get over how Chris sounds in this song. Makes me swoon.

• Like 4

For me Arabesque has really hit me hard and I am in love. The only thing I disagree with this song and album is explicit content. In saying that, there are clean versions available because I really wouldn’t want the family-friendliness to be lost. And tbh the Chris curses actually make a lot of sense and works well, and is pretty subtle amongst the climax.

I'm sure Arabesque will be the closing song on the new set AND I CAN'T WAIT

Imagine how mindblowing it will be with an extended section of that closing part just growing and growing with all of us singing "the same fucking blood" at the top of our lungs?

I really hope it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I love Arabesque, but I feel like the only way to do this song justice, is to play it with a live orchestra and saxophonist. If they have to make to with their regular instruments and a backing track for the saxophone and orchestral ending, it is really going to take away from the grandness of the sax solo and ending.

• Like 3

I have this song on repeat! I vividly remember my first time hearing clocks and Politik and how I got goosebumps. I had not felt that deep emotional impact in a while. I mean there's so many songs I deeply love but to me almost nothing could compare to AROBTTH songs, but Arabesque? It's completely blown me away. I've got goosebumps and it's now one of my all time favorite coldplay songs!

Omg that build up! And I love Chris cursing in the background ha!

• Like 4