✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arabesque - Sunrise

danirl87

This song's great! Jonny's guitar, so rock-ish. Don't know what else to say about it.... It's so experimental!!! :sunrise:

By the way, this song could have been co-written with Noel. I would not be surprised if it's true. Also, this song fits so well between the songs of his latest EP's, which I liked pretty much!

• Like 6

I love the ending and it's a really cool song overall but I'm not sure how I feel about the brass section. I think they're getting a lot of credit for something none of them play themselves (maybe this is an unpopular opinion)

I know what you mean Carolina! I share your feeling as well!!!

• Like 1

It says on Spotify and YouTube that Drew Goddard co-wrote "Arabesque" and plays guitar on it.

Is this the Drew Goddard, who wrote and/or directed (episodes of) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Alias, Cloverfield, Lost, The Cabin in the Woods, World War Z, The Martian, Daredevil and Bad Times at the El Royale?

I declared my love in LP8 but I will here as well - as many have stated, that build up and outro is absolutely epic!!!!

I realized after the 50th listen what this makes me think of. If you like brass and rock mixed funky like this, check out Brass Against. They have some really hot covers. I love them! (Link is below...it's just hard to see bc it is white)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMqrWQJ8OYWJ4ZdfqZdeQ

• Like 1

My only complain is the sax part. I feel that was a little over the top.

You should check out "National Anthem" by Radiohead :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I really wish one of the boys had sung the French part. In the first listening I thought it was Jonny

Pff I thought Chris had managed to pick up a second language while not telling any of us :joy:

They could do it live. Jonny to play the sax part on his guitar. The bras and horns on playback.

Won’t be as good as having a live orchestra but that’s probably what they’ll do.

I think they’ll bring an orchestra on occasions like Glastonbury, maybe special live shows in Albert hall or radio city - like what they did with GS live dvd

• Like 3

You should check out "National Anthem" by Radiohead :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Pff I thought Chris had managed to pick up a second language while not telling any of us :joy:

Well, he did that on Paris Song and Lyon Song while on tour... at least a little bit he did

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I'm not sure how I feel about the brass section. I think they're getting a lot of credit for something none of them play themselves (maybe this is an unpopular opinion)

This is exactly what I think. They should have stuck to the instruments they play themselves! They are such talented musicians and play so many instruments. They don't need that much collaboration.

• Like 1

Hard disagree. Imagine Viva la Vida without Jon Hopkins, Davide Rossi or Brian Eno?

I like Coldplay having 'teachers' like Brian Eno, they bring so many great ideas to the band. But I think there shouldn't be too many other musicians actually playing on the albums. I know It's all about the idea of 'togetherness' which is so important for them, especially for Chris.

• Like 2

I like Coldplay having 'teachers' like Brian Eno, they bring so many great ideas to the band. But I think there shouldn't be too many other musicians actually playing on the albums. I know It's all about the idea of 'togetherness' which is so important for them, especially for Chris.

I don't think it was just about collabs and togetherness. I think there was a specific sound they were going for...think of the layers and build. I think they were more involved in the creation of this sound than it may seem when you just think it is a brass section added for kicks. I think it is much more intentional than that. I think it is a powerful jam session. Guy's bass especially features prominently. The rest of the band has their sounds also mingled.

All that being said, I understand if those sounds aren't some folks cup of tea. But I don't think we can give no credit to the band for the concept or sound of the final piece.

• Like 5

This is exactly what I think. They should have stuck to the instruments they play themselves! They are such talented musicians and play so many instruments. They don't need that much collaboration.

The brass part sounds as if it’s a 10 piece section. It’s impossible for the boys to be playing those instruments and try to get it sound as authentic - there are only 4 of them you know.

I would rather have them get people from the outside to help create the authentic sound they have in their heads than to have them do it all by themselves and get technology to make it sound like they have a backing orchestra.

Because then you’ll have people complaining about why they didn’t use a proper orchestra to help them get that sound.

• Like 4

All that being said, I understand if those sounds aren't some folks cup of tea. But I don't think we can give no credit to the band for the concept or sound of the final piece.

Those sounds are great just as the whole song is great! And of course we can give credit to the band for the final piece. But when they just play and sing by themselves that's so authentic and beautiful!

I am very excited about listening to the rest of the album. There'll probably be lots of more Surprise.

At first listen my husband and I were like what the F*** Is this?? and my husband said, "This isn't Coldplay". Our 4 year old LOVES IT! But, the more and more I listen to it I love it so much. This song made me actually enjoy the saxophone.

• Like 1

Just WoW not only I think is my favorite Coldplay musical piece since the XY era tbh (and I love all the things from the VLV times) but I think it's one of my favorite pieces of music for the last 10 years overall.

I was blown away by the Kuti family collaboration as I am a huge Fela kuti fan for years. And I really like Stromae too.

I think the ending sound so massive and explosive just like the ending of Politk (my favorite Coldplay song). I can going on forever about Arabesque and why I'm in love with it.

The message and lyrics although is simplistic is so powerful, and honest, and it's like Chris is saying : Wake Up!! We are all on this together. We all come from different backgrounds and go through different experiences in life, but we are all human, we feel sad, we feel happy, we feel hurt, we feel powerful, we feel weak, we feel fear, we feel love, we feel hope, so in a way we are all very much the same, despite having different angles for the same view.❤

Other thing I want to add is how abrupt the song ends just around the climax which makes me think that "When I need a Friend " ( the next song) beginning is somehow very connected with the Arabesque ending.

• Like 5

Just WoW not only I think is my favorite Coldplay musical piece since the XY era tbh (and I love all the things from the VLV times) but I think it's one of my favorite pieces of music for the last 10 years overall.

I was blown away by the Kuti family collaboration as I am a huge Fela kuti fan for years. And I really like Stromae too.

I think the ending sound so massive and explosive just like the ending of Politk (my favorite Coldplay song). I can going on forever about Arabesque and why I'm in love with it.

The message and lyrics although is simplistic is so powerful, and honest, and it's like Chris is screaming : Wake Up!! We are all on this together. We all come from different backgrounds and go through different experiences in life, but we are all human, we feel sad, we feel happy, we feel hurt, we feel powerful, we feel weak, we feel fear, we feel love, we feel hope, so in a way we are all very much the same, despite having different angles for the same view.❤

Other thing I want to add is how abrupt the song ends just around the climax which makes me think that "When I need a Friend " ( the next song) beginning is somehow very connected with the Arabesque ending.

Very much looking forward to WINAF! It's supposedly very sad.

• Like 1