✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arabesque - Sunrise

danirl87

When I tuned in (late) to the listening party I got just the last 30 sec or so of the song and HOLY HELL I WAS HIT SQUARELY IN THE FACE BY THE SHEER BRILLANCE!!!!!!!

Then I went back and listened to the whole thing and it gets even better each time I listen to it.

I got instantly transported to a jam session on a rooftop in Istambul or something.

• Like 5

One of the best songs since Cemeteries of London.

That brass section. My god. I have no words to describe the feeling it gives me. I literally had goosebumps when I first heard it. Teared up too.

My only complain is the sax part. I feel that was a little over the top. But I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Btw can anyone translate the French part?

• Like 7

That brass section. My god. I have no words to describe the feeling it gives me. I literally had goosebumps when I first heard it. Teared up too.

My only complain is the sax part. I feel that was a little over the top. But I'm sure it'll grow on me.

[MEDIA=instagram]B4A0ZnHFnzm[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4A0ZnHFnzm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 4

Comme deux gouttes d’eau on se ressemble, comme provenants de la même mer

Comme deux ruisseaux qui se rassemblent pour faire les grandes rivières

We ressemble like two drops of water, like beings coming from the same sea

Like two brooks that join together to become large rivers

• Like 2

Just saw on the lyrics video that I actually made a small mistake on the LP8 topic regarding the French verse. It is not "comme provenant de la même mer (sea)" but "comme provenant de la même mère (mother)".

This is easily the most exciting Coldplay release since Viva. Not to say that tracks like Midnight, or AOAL weren't big surprises, but this is clearly the biggest departure in overall sound we've seen from Coldplay maybe ever.

I'm just so pleased it includes multiple artists of color, that it has meaningful lyrics, that it has progression, that it came from Eno sessions! It isn't necessarily an original sound -- other big artists like Arcade Fire, David Byrne have made nocturnal jazzy tracks like this -- but Coldplay brings their catchy songwriting and ability to make big climactic crescendos to this.

Love: Femi Kuti's saxaphone, Stromae, the funky baseline, Jonny's menacing guitar feels retro, Chris' restraint and "same f**king blood."

Critique: Super super nitpicky, but I think the crescendo could have been a bit grander with more progression and diversity in sounds. Like my brain is almost expecting the chords to change towards the end but they don't.

• Like 6

Mind-blowing. A masterpiece. Already one of my favorite Coldplay songs ever.

That ending, for God's sake!

I'm sure Arabesque will be the closing song on the new set AND I CAN'T WAIT

Imagine how mindblowing it will be with an extended section of that closing part just growing and growing with all of us singing "the same fucking blood" at the top of our lungs?

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

This song is beyond awesome, it’s like nothing they have ever done, and it’s great because of that same reason!! I love the fact that the music is what guides everything, and though the lyrics are somewhat simple, the message they carry is impregnated in the music, at the end, it’s just about to burst! Simply in love, I’m so excited for this new double album!!

• Like 2