✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arabesque - Sunrise

danirl87

Unfortunately Jonny does not play in Arabesque. Playing the guitar are : Le Trio Joubran (acoustic guitar), Drew Goddard and Chris. Although Jonny is in the writing credits so I guess we can say that we do hear him somehow ? :grinning::joy:

Wait. Drew Goddard? The same Drew Goddard who did Buffy and The Good Place and Daredevil??? :eyes:

• Wow 2

Ok. I definitely hope that Jonny will shine live throughout the song and I'm very curious about the bits he will play. BUT.... can we just take a moment to appreciate the AMAZING bass lines that Guy plays here. I didn't think he would go this funky ever!

• Like 7

Johnny's absence on Arabesque could be because of something as simple as he wasn't able to make it to the studio the day they were recording it, so they just decided to use Drew Goddard's playing on the studio version. The electric guitar in the song sounds very much like something Johnny would play though! Not inconceivable that he wrote the parts and Drew played them.

• Like 5

Johnny's absence on Arabesque could be because of something as simple as he wasn't able to make it to the studio the day they were recording it, so they just decided to use Drew Goddard's playing on the studio version. The electric guitar in the song sounds very much like something Johnny would play though! Not inconceivable that he wrote the parts and Drew played them.

Jonny had a dentist appointment that day :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Gideon_Mx Thanks for recommending me Evil Flower, I'll be sure to check it out and compare it with Arabesque. Turns out you really weren't thinking of The Right Stuff after all, I might check that out though too.

Glad that he's not really caring what people think of him anymore either and that he's getting himself outside the comfort zone and doing his own thing despite the haters. Maybe it just looks like hardcore elitist Oasis fans are angry, but I'm sure the real people who care about real music are more than happy!

I don't know how likely it is that they'll have other musicians onstage for this (what sounds to be short) tour. They've historically used backing tracks, but as this is a more experimental era we seem to be heading into it wouldn't surprise me to see if they did bring in other real musicians to play those parts. And I'd be very welcoming to that as well. Even if it's not as "authentic" as the band doing everything themself, I'd much rather that than have them play a backing track (or keep doing the same thing over and over again and only make music that all of them can play comfortably, or attempt to play other instruments and would have to keep other instruments out because of it..... sure it would be more "authentic" and "original" and it would be interesting to see what they'd come up with in that case, but I definitely think it wouldn't sound as good as if they did it either of these ways, where I think hiring actual musicians is more "authentic" and "real" then using a back track)

I was cautiously optimistic about the album before, but cautious is going out the window now. Album can't come soon enough.

I definitely want to hear this song live at least once. But even more than that, I hope we get to see this performed at the Grammys

Be careful, the same thing happened with GS and we all know how that turned out.....

They will definitely perform it live, probably more than once, but at least once during the Jordan live show. Doing it for the Grammys would be a really fun idea, but I have no idea if they'd do that because of the incredibly mainstream audience it would be broadcast to, that would be an incredibly bold move. If they do it though all the more power to them, and I'll definitely be watching the Grammys the night it happens just to see. I definitely agree with you where you said just the themes line up and are all right for them to play there etc.

He actually is very much at work already during the sax solo (which I absolutely love especially that reverby bit). You can hear him in the background and he’s absolutely SHREDDING it is one of the best things about this song in my opinion

As another person said it actually wasn't him who played it, which is a real shame. It's debatable who wrote the parts but the point is, is that it sounds amazing, and it's a part of what makes the song so great. They aren't totally going full on retro 1920s band style (even if they are, there's some modern production elements which are advancing this style of music into new and interesting territory that wouldn't have existed otherwise due to the fact that the gradual transition over the long period of time would not have allowed for this otherwise, as some production techniques used in this song came almost a century after this style of music became popular and died down. To bridge this gap is very interesting and reminds me somewhat of what Radiohead did with their latest outing).

Meh, if that was the case they probably would have gotten him to overdub after. I'm not sure if it was an artistic choice or what (and if so I applaud them for trying something else out), but I'm sure Jonny wrote some parts of the song (whether it be what the sax is now or if that came later I don't know, because I don't know if the original jam session had any sax parts in it, probably just the normal band) but whether he wrote that part specifically is up for debate. Regardless of who wrote it, it sounded very unique and special and brought a nice modern yet unique touch to the old band style. It definitely sounds a lot like Jonny's work so I don't know how or why Drew did this part specifically. I don't even know who he is really but he emulated Jonny's style very well (even if you can't really hear it, as the main focus is the sax).

• Like 3

Geez, listening to the instrumental and closely to the song all the really good production tidbits come through...... the singular notes and how they work together of the groovy baseline, the various ambient electric guitar embellishments from Jonny, the way it's produced.......

I've never heard someone shred on a sax before like at around 3:07, then how it just gets subsequently drowned in reverb to signify an increase in intensity....... then they play the same clip also in the background in reverb later in the same solo.

also, is that Jonny shredding around 4:45?!!?!?! if so that'd be the day...... never heard this from him before...... :eek:

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

also, is that Jonny shredding around 4:45?!!?!?! if so that'd be the day...... never heard this from him before...... :eek:

Based on the credits, Jonny is not playing on this song at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Based on the credits, Jonny is not playing on this song at all.

Oh darn.

I wonder who is then, because there's definitely some ambient atmospheric electric guitar in the background.

I like Arabesque. There's a loop of the song that reminds me instantly of Adventure Of A Lifetime.

What part? Didn't remind me of AOAL at all. :O

Is there meant to be no voices on this song

I seen your post about this in the main LP8 thread, I think somebody must have uploaded the instrumental to YouTube. Here's the main version:

That Drew Goddard credit is so random! I'm curious about the story behind it.

I know right?! First of all, I didn’t know he was good enough to play a guitar on a album and second of all, he has connections with Coldplay? But how???

lol.

From 2:28 until 2:47. It reminds to the whole structure of AOAL.

Huh, the sax solo eh.

I guess maybe they both go quieter in the bridge and they're similar in structure like that?

I'd much consider Orphans to be closer structurally to AOAL, as it has that same indie pop rock vibe, and both have a moment of relative silence before the chorus, and both go really quiet in the bridge. And the verses are slightly quieter in both songs too.

I know you probably weren't talking about Orphans, but you actually just made me realize how similar Orphans actually is to AOAL, picking them apart.....

• Like 1

They just released two radio promos for the track.

EU:

1. Arabesque (Explicit) (5:40)

2. Arabesque (Clean) (5:40)

2. Arabesque (Instrumental) (5:40)

US:

1. Arabesque (Radio Edit) (4:56)

2. Arabesque (Radio Instrumental) (4:56)

Got the EU one but now I'm trying to get the US one since it says that the content is not available in my region.

• Like 1

They just released two radio promos for the track.

EU:

1. Arabesque (Explicit) (5:40)

2. Arabesque (Clean) (5:40)

2. Arabesque (Instrumental) (5:40)

US:

1. Arabesque (Radio Edit) (4:56)

2. Arabesque (Radio Instrumental) (4:56)

Got the EU one but now I'm trying to get the US one since it says that the content is not available in my region.

I wonder how much the US version cuts out. Perhaps the voice memo intro, part of the solo, and part of the outro?

I wonder how much the US version cuts out. Perhaps the voice memo intro, part of the solo, and part of the outro?

Cuts out the sound effect intro and the bridge is shortened to just 4 bars ("Music is the weapon, music is the weapon of the future" is just said once). Not bad. Also, it's clean.

• Like 1

Man clean edits can be stupid. What I mean is I hate when you do clean edits you put no effort into them. Atleast make them sound proper, like they were intended to sound that way, not a hodgepodge cut-copy-paste job that everybody is going to notice that something's wrong. What is that "SAME [akward gap] BLOOD!" supposed to mean? Chris sings every word on-the-beat on that part. It sounds weird when it skips one when your brain is trained to expect it. Find the tempo of the song and make it sound properly like there's nothing edited out you supposed professional sound engineer that gets paid so much money. You had one job!

Here's how it should sound:

https://mega.nz/#!BKhxGAIS!Tat1dWwWpl7r2zSSHKuAaxBcnwMpCqWn0XK3PMUOs0g

• Like 3