✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live at the Natural History Museum London 25 Nov 2019

Captain Crieff

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just hit me... maybe they wanted to restrict the ticket sale to the UK because they didn't want people flying in, for environmental reasons.

(For future reference Coldplay, Belgium, France and The Netherlands have the Eurostar xx)

Yes ofcourse they did! At least, that's what I think.

Chris said in the BBC interview that one of the biggest problems is audiences flying in from all over the world.

So that's why I decided to respect that, even though I would love to just fly to London and see what happens.

Yes ofcourse they did! At least, that's what I think.

Chris said in the BBC interview that one of the biggest problems is audiences flying in from all over the world.

So that's why I decided to respect that, even though I would love to just fly to London and see what happens.

Oh okay, I still haven't watched the full BBC interview. The problem with this gig is they announced it so late Eurostar fares were already through the roof so like... it's understandable people booked flights instead (even though I'd never do that for a gig where chances of getting tickets are like 0.00001% but hey to each their own).

I hope that in the future, instead of restricting ticket sales to 1 country they opt for just raising awareness for non-flying options because it really is possible. I travelled from Antwerp to northern Italy by train last year to see a band and a friend and it was awesome, would 100% recommend the scenic train journey through the Alps. Also I really want to see Coldplay in Paris lol pls let me :D

• Like 2

Obviously they're the biggest band on the planet and fewer tickets will have been on sale compared to the GS tour or previous small gigs and try-outs. But still... . There has got to be a way to make this more fair. I know there was an experiment with the Bruce Springsteen Broadway show where you could submit your social media profiles and an algorithm would check for Springsteen references on your accounts. They also took previous ticket sales into account. It's not perfect, but it's a start. Also, Nick Cave sent out invites to people with the most streams on Spotify. None of these systems are perfect, but maybe a combination would do the trick?

• Like 3

I had one ticket in my basket but got an error after my payment :worried: 5 minutes a go

Oh no. That is terrible. :scream:

I got in, saw a ticket appear like 3 times but by the time I clicked to select 2 it disappeared again. So frustrating.

I'm still doubting if I should book a ticket to London... I don't have a ticket to the show, but ahhh the chances that they let you in without a ticket are almost zero :S

I have booked my Eurostar tickets as soon as I saw the concert notification. I'll be spending 3 days in London.

Oh no. That is terrible. :scream:

I got in, saw a ticket appear like 3 times but by the time I clicked to select 2 it disappeared again. So frustrating.

It was! Afterwards is was thinking it maybe had something to do with my Belgian master card.. I also had the option to pay with PayPal.. Maybe i had to chose that option :pensive:

It was! Afterwards is was thinking it maybe had something to do with my Belgian master card.. I also had the option to pay with PayPal.. Maybe i had to chose that option :pensive:

Then I might have faced the same. :eek:

Did you use a VPN? Strange that PayPal was an option, because you needed proof that it's your account. By showing the APP ?

I'm just sitting in the bus from Stansted Airport to Paddington and trying to keep my tears in. Getting here was so difficult on all levels (logistics, financial, emotional/healthwise) and all for nothing. Truth be told I'm so down right now that I wouldn't mind if this bus actually crashed and that was it

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

What I don't really understand is the "First come, first serve" policy they had.

It 100% wasn't first come, first serve. We were put in a queue with a random position. Very frustrating and strange communication from Gigs&Tours.

I'm just sitting in the bus from Stansted Airport to Paddington and trying to keep my tears in. Getting here was so difficult on all levels (logistics, financial, emotional/healthwise) and all for nothing. Truth be told I'm so down right now that I wouldn't mind if this bus actually crashed and that was it

Hey please don't think like that. I understand your disappointment, but not minding if your bus crashed is maybe a bit extreme. Hopefully you will meet some other people in London who couldn't get a ticket. (And go have a drink!)

I won't keep my hopes up. :D

I understand haha

• Like 1

Then I might have faced the same. :eek:

Did you use a VPN? Strange that PayPal was an option, because you needed proof that it's your account. By showing the APP ?

I used a laptop with and a laptop without vpn and I got in with the uk vpn.. Maybe they can check witch card was used with PayPal? I hope they come to Paris, Cologne or Amsterdam now.. Chris said they will do seven things for this album so lets hope

• Like 1

Try the night at the museum plan. Hide in a bathroom. At the very least, even if you get caught, you'll end up with a story to tell your uninterested grandchildren.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Try the night at the museum plan. Hide in a bathroom. At the very least, even if you get caught, you'll end up with a story to tell your uninterested grandchildren.

I was actually seriously considering that, I just don't know where to hide, and then how to get to the audience unnoticed :D

• Like 4

I was actually seriously considering that, I just don't know where to hide, and then how to get to the audience unnoticed :D

It is actually a good idea (thought about it aswell), but the biggest problem is that it is in a museum.

A museum has so high security, guards will check definitely the bathrooms (and surely on monday before the concert). And I doubt there is another place to hide haha.

It is actually a good idea (thought about it aswell), but the biggest problem is that it is in a museum.

A museum has so high security, guards will check definitely the bathrooms (and surely on monday before the concert). And I doubt there is another place to hide haha.

I recently saw a movie about a museum heist with Audrey Hepburn. That knowledge might come in handy ;)

• Like 2
  • Wow 2