May 12, 20215 yr ย 7 minutes ago, harrisonrules said: Is it just me or does the E in the Kao alphabet look similar to the Mockingjay logo in Hunger Gamesย ย ย Maybe a little bit! It does have the same kind of style but it's obviously a different letter/symbol.
May 12, 20215 yr Wonder how this spiral is importantย Yes I know they are different but both have spiral effectย
May 12, 20215 yr 20 hours ago, dxm3557 said: You're probably right about the infinite symbol, is the only one there isn't a planet, so it may be just a sort of a short instrumental or interlude track. I'm also guessing the planet with the moon may represents two songs on the same track. You know, a hidden track just like in Army of One with X Marks the Spot right after. Ohh I never even thought of it like that! I was thinking 12 songs (two interludes) Infinity symbol = interlude 1 Moon (from planet) = interlude 2ย I didn't even think about the moon being a possible hidden track hahaย
May 12, 20215 yr 22 hours ago, Pokegleek said: Probably that infinite symbol is a track like Colour Spectrum. A short track/interlude called "Infinite" or something similar, but represented with the infinite symbol in the album track list. Just like Colour Spectrum was represented by a colorful line. Didn't Chris somewhat jokingly say something in a recent interview about giving songs titles with "emojis"? I could see them doing something similar to Colour Spectrum with these symbols. But only if it's not done too often and it's pretty clear what the actual song title is. 1 hour ago, harrisonrules said: Wonder how this spiral is importantย Yes I know they are different but both have spiral effectย I think the patch on Chris's soldier is supposed to be a UFO.ย Except it's kind of a neon drawing of a UFO so it looks swirly.ย 21 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said: Think The Race is single worthy? Maybe the 3rd or 4th single perhaps. (If itโs on MOTS) The Race would fit the album, if nothing sounds too different from Higher Power. But would it be a good single? Hmmm... I could see it as an album opener or the second track following an instrumental intro. Kind of like Hurts Like Heaven, which was the 6th single from MX. Maybe The Race could be one of the later singles unless they're really confident it could be a hit.
May 12, 20215 yr So, the Glasto set will be 45 minutes only and I'm starting to wonder if we get anything new besides HP and the greatest hits because I thought it would be a proper 1h20m headline set.ย Spoiler I'll try and guess what songs they'll play. 45 mins are 10-11 songs if there's no talking inbetween. 1. New intro + possible new song 2. Higher Power 3.ย Yellow 4. Paradise 5. Everglow / HFTW 6. Magic 7. AOAL 8. Champion of the World / Everyday Life 9. Viva 10. SJLT / ASFS 11. Fix You ย Edited May 12, 20215 yr by stepstr
May 12, 20215 yr Yeah that's a good guess. I am also really hoping for a new song but based on the rumors that the album is coming towards the end of the year I am worried Higher Power is all we are gonna get for the next few months. Maybe a remix or feature will drop with BTS. I am really craving other songs in this era now and hopeful we will get some really rocky tracks.
May 12, 20215 yr 30 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said: Yeah that's a good guess. I am also really hoping for a new song but based on the rumors that the album is coming towards the end of the year I am worried Higher Power is all we are gonna get for the next few months. Maybe a remix or feature will drop with BTS. I am really craving other songs in this era now and hopeful we will get some really rocky tracks. nonetheless, they launched a nice bunch of new songs in the summer of 2011 and also at a comeback gig at sxsw in 2014ย
May 12, 20215 yr Not sure if it's mentioned already but I find it "disappointing" that both the live performances (Brit and Idols) aren't live at all. The two voice tracks of Chris are exactly the same (extremely noticable sighs at the exact same times, ...).ย It could be that the Idols version was live and the Birts was lip synced (because of the fireworks and filming) but I hope the Glastonbury show is 100% live and not Chris lip syncing over a pre-recorded track. (Like Clocks in the AHFOD tour)ย
May 12, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said: Yeah that's a good guess. I am also really hoping for a new song but based on the rumors that the album is coming towards the end of the year I am worried Higher Power is all we are gonna get for the next few months. Maybe a remix or feature will drop with BTS. I am really craving other songs in this era now and hopeful we will get some really rocky tracks. Yeah or maybe a remix that it features Dua Lipa hopefully in the next month Coldplay had a lot of announcements this month on their interview talk about new music that is 80s music, few collaborations which is BTS that people talk about,ย and a new album release but anyway they will probably have a feature remix in the meantime.ย
May 12, 20215 yr https://www.instagram.com/p/COvjediB7-g/?igshid=1ibpazlbkuelm So Chris and Jonny has planets om their backs and Guy a moon? Wonder if the chosen planets, one being Kaotica, and the moon symbolize important tracks of the album. So if Kaotica is Higher Power, which could the other important songs be? And does Will have a planet om his clothing? ย Edited May 12, 20215 yr by Famous_Old_Painter
May 12, 20215 yr 4 hours ago, lennyrott1 said: Yeah that's a good guess. I am also really hoping for a new song but based on the rumors that the album is coming towards the end of the year I am worried Higher Power is all we are gonna get for the next few months. Maybe a remix or feature will drop with BTS. I am really craving other songs in this era now and hopeful we will get some really rocky tracks. A new (2nd, big hit perhaps) could be in between the 2-3 months on Higher Power and album announcement after. So probably July or August I say the 2nd Single drops.
May 12, 20215 yr 3 hours ago, LelieJens said: Not sure if it's mentioned already but I find it "disappointing" that both the live performances (Brit and Idols) aren't live at all. The two voice tracks of Chris are exactly the same (extremely noticable sighs at the exact same times, ...).ย It could be that the Idols version was live and the Birts was lip synced (because of the fireworks and filming) but I hope the Glastonbury show is 100% live and not Chris lip syncing over a pre-recorded track. (Like Clocks in the AHFOD tour)ย wait ย I went back and forth between the two videos and at first the vocals did sound exactly the same but I think I notice some subtle differences? - the first 'hour' in 'dancing every hour' sounds is a bit longer in the Brits performance than in the American Idol one (1:07 in the Brits video, 1:12 in American Idol) - the falsetto higher powers sound slightly different - the first 'then your love soooong' is longer in the American Idols performance than in the Brits one ย so now I'm confused because other than that it does indeed sound identical so how is that possible? ย or do I just desperately want to hear those differences because it would be inexplicable to lipsync a prerecorded performance you can just rerecord or edit if something goes wrong?
May 12, 20215 yr Ok, so I've got two moments where I'm questioning his vocals and the entire Britsย performance. 1. First verse, '...and I think my shoes untied, oh-oh'.ย He's neither holding the mic near the mouth nor articulates thisย 'oh-oh'. 2. Around 1:42, when he's giving JB a hug, and then suddenly appears at the center of the stage looking at a different camera. Bad video edit? Was it even live? They could have filmed the thing when they were rehearsing it last week.ย Am I overthinking?ย ย Edited May 12, 20215 yr by stepstr
May 12, 20215 yr 15 minutes ago, stepstr said: Ok, so I've got two moments where I'm questioning his vocals and the entire Britsย performance. 1. First verse, '...and I think my shoes untied, oh-oh'.ย He's neither holding the mic near the mouth nor articulates thisย 'oh-oh'. 2. Around 1:42, when he's giving JB a hug, and then suddenly appears at the center of the stage looking at a different camera. Bad video edit? Was it even live? They could have filmed the thing when they were rehearsing it last week.ย Am I overthinking?ย ย Apparently it wasn't live, Chris was in Malibu on Friday apparently and there's no way he'd have bypassed Britain's quarantine rules but I noticed that weird edit at 1:42 too, not sure what happened there
May 12, 20215 yr Ok, whatever.ย I mean, not really 'whatever'. But I am still glad they're back and the song is nice.ย
May 12, 20215 yr They're definitely different. The "I'm like a broken record" is drawn out more on the american idol version.
May 12, 20215 yr There has been no Higher Power actual live performance yet, guys.ย Although it's a bit interesting how these performances were done technically. I wrote myย opinion about itย on this thread. ย
May 12, 20215 yr 35 minutes ago, CP-EST said: There has been no Higher Power actual live performance yet, guys.ย Although it's a bit interesting how these performances were done technically. I wrote myย opinion about itย on this thread. ย Exactly!!!!ย The American Idol and BRITs performances of Higher Power (both mixed + pre-recorded) are definitely great but they are (promo)performances only to promote the new single,ย after all. To be honest, I'm more excited and looking forward to the real live performances of Higher Power, with actually live guitars (bass+electric) andย live drums + Will's backing vocals (hopefully the Live at Worthy Farm show)ย instead of these post produced, almost ''perfect sounding'' (as CP-EST said),ย live versions. We shouldn't expect them to have live synths or so, it would be great if they had at least some of the members of the Love Choir for to backup Will and Chris for the vocalsย as well! Edited May 12, 20215 yr by Gideon_Mx
May 12, 20215 yr 2 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said: Exactly!!!!ย The American Idol and BRITs performances of Higher Power (both mixed + pre-recorded) are definitely great but they are (promo)performances to just promote the new single, after all. To be honest, I'm more looking forward to the real live performances of Higher Power, with actually live guitars (bass+electric) andย live drums (hopefully the Live at Worthy Farm show)ย instead of these post remixed, andย almost ''perfect sounding'' (as CP-EST said) live versions. That's a silly question but how do we check what's real and what's not regarding of 'live' performances? Live at Worthy Farm could also be pre-recorded, pre-mixed, beautifully edited etc.
May 12, 20215 yr Also, is it me or are the performances also heavily auto tuned? Not that it's a very big deal, but it's def the first time I notice an auto tune on Chris' voice. https://youtu.be/kiqEEr7CK2g?t=100ย (timestamped)
May 12, 20215 yr 38 minutes ago, CP-EST said: There has been no Higher Power actual live performance yet, guys.ย Although it's a bit interesting how these performances were done technically. I wrote myย opinion about itย on this thread. ย Okay but now we're mixing things up What I was talking about was the voice track of Chris that was not "live". It's obviousย that the Idols and Brits performances were not a live broadcast, and that they were pre-recorded videos. That's fairly logical I think. ย EDIT: Nevermind I just read the original message in the Brits thread and we're in the same boat hahaย Edited May 12, 20215 yr by LelieJens
May 12, 20215 yr 34 minutes ago, stepstr said: That's a silly question but how do we check what's real and what's not regarding of 'live' performances? Live at Worthy Farm could also be pre-recorded, pre-mixed, beautifully edited etc. Ifย you're deep into this thing + if you have good ears, you'll notice it for sure. Listen to the American Idol and the BRITs performance, they are identical in the mix. Except for Chris's vocals. Edited May 12, 20215 yr by Gideon_Mx
May 12, 20215 yr 35 minutes ago, LelieJens said: Also, is it me or are the performances also heavily auto tuned? Not that it's a very big deal, but it's def the first time I notice an auto tune on Chris' voice. https://youtu.be/kiqEEr7CK2g?t=100ย (timestamped) It's not just you! You can clearly hear it at the ''happy that I'm [[ALIVE]]'' part!
May 12, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, stepstr said: That's a silly question but how do we check what's real and what's not regarding of 'live' performances? Live at Worthy Farm could also be pre-recorded, pre-mixed, beautifully edited etc. One thing is having some backing tracks already, but scary thing is that it sometimes impossible to tell, how much the pre-recorded playing/singingย was edited. You need really good ear to be able to notice it.ย Sometimes there is just some little post production, some fixes in mix, which aren'tย so noticeable. These two Higher Power performances sound way too perfect, perfectly mixed withย some vocal editing. Although when you know it's live broadcast, it's different story. Then you might wonder about different things, for exampleย how muchย there are some subtle backing tracks for fuller sound/vocals in addition to some obvious backing tracks. 3 minutes ago, LelieJens said: Okay but now we're mixing things up What I was talking about was the voice track of Chris that was not "live". It's obviousย that the Idols and Brits performances were not a live broadcast, and that they were pre-recorded videos. That's fairly logical I think. ย Oh sorry, that's what I was mostlyย talking about, how the audio of these performances was done. Obviously there was no live broadcast, but it's not that easyย to understand what was done in recording process - that's what we are talking about.
May 12, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, CP-EST said: You need really good ear to be able to notice it.ย Sometimes there is just some little post production, some fixes in mix, which aren'tย so noticeable. These two Higher Power performances sound way too perfect, perfectly mixed withย some vocal editing. Exactly this, no other explanation needed Edited May 12, 20215 yr by Gideon_Mx
Create an account or sign in to comment