✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

1 minute ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Was it is the live in Jordan performance that was lip synced?

Every single Church performance you can find on the web, Jordan included, featured a vocal track that's on the album.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Was it is the live in Jordan performance that was lip synced?

It was all of the performances that he’s done so far. He actually sings the part along with himself sometimes an octave lower. It’s incredibly noticeable because it’s the same track as the album.

Edited by IslandToDiscover
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

For clocks, most performances during the AHFOD tour had at least partial lipsync. For church I think all live performances had lipsync.

That’s so strange to me. Why would he lip sync Clocks? I went back and watched some videos of Clocks from the tour and I did notice that all of the little intricate syncopated vocal rhythms that are normally unique to live performances were the same in every clip I watched :/. His vocals on it weren’t even that great - totally looked like he was doing them live because they didn’t feel perfect. Bummer.

Edited by IslandToDiscover
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, IslandToDiscover said:

It was all of the performances that he’s done so far. He actually sings the part along with himself sometimes an octave lower. It’s incredibly noticeable because it’s the same track as the album.

Have not listened that much to Church live, not my favorite song, sorry Chris ?

• Sad 1

Just now, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Why just Clocks I wonder ? Would be devestated to hear that just that song was lip synced.

The main theory is that Chris had trouble singing the whole AHFOD set with Clocks included. He was trying to save his voice but they didn't seem ready to let go of that song so he's been lypsincing it. 

I hope this song finally gets out of the set list or he finds a way to sing it live again! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Coeurli said:

The main theory is that Chris had trouble singing the whole AHFOD set with Clocks included. He was trying to save his voice but they didn't seem ready to let go of that song so he's been lypsincing it. 

I hope this song finally gets out of the set list or he finds a way to sing it live again! 

I mean doing 100+ 2 hour long shows surely takes its toll on a voice, but I much prefer a set that's 1h30m instead of 2h if it means everything is live.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coeurli said:

Interesting. Could just have an intermission or something lol I’d rather that than non-live vocals!

I’d love to see Coldplay play a stripped down set without prominent backing tracks (like they did for that Instagram live but with full sound / drums etc.) where Chris doesn’t have to crazy exert himself. Maybe then he’d survive Clocks haha

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, BerheavedTripod8 said:

I mean doing 100+ 2 hour long shows surely takes its toll on a voice, but I much prefer a set that's 1h30m instead of 2h if it means everything is live.

Actually I don't think it was a matter of length necessarily but more a matter of the way he sang the AHFOD songs and what it all demanded in regard to his voice. 

His voice in Higher Power is much lower and I assume he's going to keep using his lower register as much as possible, so he can sing everything live. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IslandToDiscover said:

Interesting. Could just have an intermission or something lol I’d rather that than non-live vocals!

I’d love to see Coldplay play a stripped down set without prominent backing tracks (like they did for that Instagram live but with full sound / drums etc.) where Chris doesn’t have to crazy exert himself. Maybe then he’d survive Clocks haha

Highly recommend the Dell show if you haven't seen it! He's alone but it's acoustic and his voice is wonderful.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Coeurli said:

I would rather hear Clocks sung live than some other songs. ?

• Haha 1

I'm still waiting for a song where Will sings lead vocals. Or Guy or Jonny!! 

The Clocks things was pretty evident but I never fully understood why either.

-It's a song at the piano rather than running around. Chris gets very obviously out of breath when dancing on his feet for ETIAW/VLV for instance.

-It's not the hardest or highest song to sing. Fix You and ASFOS both have higher notes and more falsetto. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

I'm still waiting for a song where Will sings lead vocals. Or Guy or Jonny!! 

-It's a song at the piano rather than running around. Chris gets very obviously out of breath when dancing on his feet for ETIAW/VLV for instance.

-It's not the hardest or highest song to sing. Fix You and ASFOS both have higher notes and more falsetto. 

Yeah I'd rather see him lip syncing ASFOS, if he has to do it.

55 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

-It's not the hardest or highest song to sing.

-Fix You and ASFOS both have higher notes and more falsetto. 

That's right, but, I assume, you knew that parts of ASFOS like the ''I don't care go on and tear me apart'', ''I think I saw youuu'' lines were also lip synced throughout the whole A Head Full Of Dreams tour basically.

2 hours ago, stepstr said:

Every single Church performance you can find on the web, Jordan included, featured a vocal track that's on the album.

This is correct! There's a few times where Chris does sing only the outro live, you can clearly hear the difference between the lip sync Chris and the real live Chris.

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gideon_Mx said:

That's right, but, I assume, you knew that parts of ASFOS like the ''I don't care go on and tear me apart'', ''I think I saw youuu'' lines were also lip synced throughout the whole A Head Full Of Dreams tour basically.

This is correct! There's a few times where Chris does sing only the outro live, you can clearly hear the difference between the lip sync Chris and the real live Chris.

I actually did NOT know that but that makes total sense and completely addresses my point lol. I was also confused about lip syncing for Church, again..not a hard song. You might say "oh but it's the first song" but at a few shows they open with Orphans and I'm pretty sure that's not lip synced (not counting the choruses where there's obvious a lot of kid voices/Will doing some of the vocal heavy lifting). To be honest though I guess I'm not surprised when the rest of the band has been lip syncing since the VLV era (possibly even during X&Y). I'm 50% sure this is not lip syncing in this performance since Guy's vocals are weirdly loud relative to Jonny or Will and you can hear him go a little out of tune after 4:15. Anyways I don't mean to hijack and talk about backing tracks like I am so prone to do. I hope the band will one day return to a way of performing that's not as reliant on backing tracks for instruments OR vocals, as they are all very talented gentlemen and all the evidence from early gigs and IEM mixes suggests they do sound good. I could be excited for another track like Fix You where all 4 members sing (haven't really had anything this substantial since maybe Up&Up). Also bring on the Guy and Will lead vocal tracks. 

• Like 1

I'm actually suprised to find out they use so much backing tracks for the vocals. One thing if there are stuff they can't perform live, like a synthesizer or so, or if Chris can't sing a harmony at the same time as he sings the main melody, but don't know what to think of this. Yes I know they did this with Church etc, but now it's getting a bit too much for me ??

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

I actually did NOT know that but that makes total sense and completely addresses my point lol. I was also confused about lip syncing for Church, again..not a hard song. You might say "oh but it's the first song" but at a few shows they open with Orphans and I'm pretty sure that's not lip synced (not counting the choruses where there's obvious a lot of kid voices/Will doing some of the vocal heavy lifting). To be honest though I guess I'm not surprised when the rest of the band has been lip syncing since the VLV era (possibly even during X&Y). I'm 50% sure this is not lip syncing in this performance since Guy's vocals are weirdly loud relative to Jonny or Will and you can hear him go a little out of tune after 4:15. Anyways I don't mean to hijack and talk about backing tracks like I am so prone to do. I hope the band will one day return to a way of performing that's not as reliant on backing tracks for instruments OR vocals, as they are all very talented gentlemen and all the evidence from early gigs and IEM mixes suggests they do sound good. I could be excited for another track like Fix You where all 4 members sing (haven't really had anything this substantial since maybe Up&Up). Also bring on the Guy and Will lead vocal tracks. 

Isn't that Will's voice you're referring to? By the way it totally makes sense what you're saying, but it's hard to hear the difference between Guy and Will because they sing the same notes indeed. I think it's actually Will's voice that is so loud. Guy turns away his head from the mic around 4:20 and the level of volume of the voice stays exactly the same. You see?

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Isn't that Will's voice you're referring to? By the way it totally makes sense what you're saying, but it's hard to hear the difference between Guy and Will because they sing the same notes indeed. I think it's actually Will's voice that is so loud. Guy turns away his head from the mic around 4:20 and the level of volume of the voice stays exactly the same. You see?

You might be right, but it just sounds to me more like Guy's voice than Will's. It's hard to tell since in Fix You they both since the exact same vocal line. But something about the soft-loudness sounds more Guy than Will to me (you've heard the IEM mix with Guy's vocals right?) Guy moving his head away from the mic may just be him breathing. I just thought he'd be more likely to make a mistake than Will because Will's singing is SPOTLESS. 

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion