✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 12 - Coloratura | Music of the Spheres

Still in love. Have only stopped listening to it for the thousandth time to revisit the album Planetarium by Sufjan Stevens

if you like the ethereal ambience of Coloratura I highly recommend a listen. A lot of similarities including the albums concept. 

Edited by Flugelhorn
Added detail
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

So we already have the color song in the album, and it's amazing. Well, in fact we have some colors in it: the purple, yellow, green, red, orange and the blue. What a great track. It sounds and looks like an epic IMAX space odyssey. When you see the video, you think you are entering other dimensions, you think you are travelling through the space and time... It really gives me goosebumps and could make me cry. The last 3 minutes are stunning, with the guitar part.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, The Philosopher said:

So we already have the color song in the album, and it's amazing. Well, in fact we have some colors in it: the purple, yellow, green, red, orange and the blue. What a great track. It sounds and looks like an epic IMAX space odyssey. When you see the video, you think you are entering other dimensions, you think you are travelling through the space and time... It really gives me goosebumps and could make me cry. The last 3 minutes are stunning, with the guitar part.

I'm still in awe at how incredible this song is from top to bottom 

• Like 2

Lots of us had given up with Coldplay; we thought they'd never make good songs ever again, but I think that Coloratura has proved us wrong - so much, in fact, we look completely student. It's definitely in their top 10. Probably their top 5. Perhaps top 3. Possibly their best one, even...

Edited by Doomotron
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Care 1

5 hours ago, The Philosopher said:

What were the color songs on the other albums again - I know we've had Yellow, Green Eyes, White Shadows, Violet Hill, Charlie Brown - but forgot what we consider the color songs out of the remaining albums (Ghost Stories, AHFOD, EL?) 

24 minutes ago, Ccrules2791 said:

What were the color songs on the other albums again - I know we've had Yellow, Green Eyes, White Shadows, Violet Hill, Charlie Brown - but forgot what we consider the color songs out of the remaining albums (Ghost Stories, AHFOD, EL?) 

AHFOD has Colour Spectrum

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ccrules2791 said:

This is an old message I wrote:

On 6/11/2021 at 4:30 PM, The Philosopher said:

Yes, I absolutely count Colour Spectrum because it has all the colours in it. And even if you think about it, you could doubt more of that in Everyday Life, because you wonder: where is the colour song there? 0k, there wasn't a colour song itself, but they were more twisted in that album. The second half of the album is called "Sunset", and "Sunset" is also a colour:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_(color)

They always think about that.

Furthermore you also ask for Ghost Stories, and I also said once upon a time that it has Midnight, which is also considered a color in some way: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_blue

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Been a lurker on this forum for years but just wanted to also express how great this song is for me. I love how they continue to find ways to change things up, and it makes it all the more special being able to read everyone else's thoughts in real time as well.

10 minutes just completely flies by when listening to this song. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Colorutara currently has a score of over 4/5 on RYM, which is pretty huge. RYM is usually very negative towards Coldplay even when they're at their best, so this is a huge surprise. Several users are even calling it the best progressive rock song of the 2020s so far, which is insane. 

Yeah f*ck them anyway

11 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Colorutara currently has a score of over 4/5 on RYM, which is pretty huge. RYM is usually very negative towards Coldplay even when they're at their best, so this is a huge surprise. Several users are even calling it the best progressive rock song of the 2020s so far, which is insane. 

Yeah that's pretty much insane. 4+/5 in average from about 270 users.

Call it magic, call it true.

Screenshot_20210724-145453.png

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Love 1

So I know Coloratura wasn't officially released as a single but since the reactions have been extremely positive and apart from radio it was just like any single release I'm a little surprised it didn't make the top 200 on spotify on its release day in the UK: https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest Same for some of the other European countries I checked. In the US it ended up at 130 though! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

So I know Coloratura wasn't officially released as a single but since the reactions have been extremely positive and apart from radio it was just like any single release I'm a little surprised it didn't make the top 200 on spotify on its release day in the UK: https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest Same for some of the other European countries I checked. In the US it ended up at 130 though! 

Let's listen to it a lot, Coldies ?

Long time lurker here to comment on this song. An absolute masterpiece!! Blow away at how beautiful it is!

Couple of things...

1. The first part of the song could totally be a Bond song

2. This song sounds like a combo between Moving to Mars and the 2nd half of the song X & Y.

Absolutely stunning song!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Eskapist said:

I just can't stop listening ... to the point I count with Coloraturas lol

Like right now it's 2 Coloraturas before dinner 

Oh wow, I can use 2 Coloraturas to cook the perfect rice, finally lol ?

• Haha 2

• stephen changed the title to Track 12 - Coloratura | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned, unpinned and featured this topic