✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

30 minutes ago, edupoint said:

And don´t you think that in a whole year that they´ve been working on it, the tracklist can have changed?

There’s no way it hasn’t changed. Highly doubt they had the tracklist finished a year ago. Probably won’t until right at the end of development 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I've seen it speculated (and this could be bullshit) that they've been working on MOTS3 at the same time, and that Moon Music was delayed so the two releases wouldn't be far apart. Which would make sense if they're still aiming to get all three albums out by the (I guess) 2027 deadline. 

It's kinda true. They work on different album projects at the same time. As far as I know, they had done most of the musical songs while working on MOTS 1 and MM. They also had songs demonstrated for the last album, which is why the current leak situation is bad, because some of the songs like FOP might end up on the last album.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xylobryte7 said:

There’s no way it hasn’t changed. Highly doubt they had the tracklist finished a year ago. Probably won’t until right at the end of development 

It might had been changed but most of the songs I mentioned above is sure to get released.

• Like 1

Hopefully nothing else leaks, except maybe demos of songs we already know. It would be interesting to listen to the demo versions of a song after the official version of that song sees the light of day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Admirice said:

It might had been changed but most of the songs I mentioned above is sure to get released.

In your opinion, which song would be a good 3rd single? The Only One perhaps?

2 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Most double albums are boring and bloated with filler. I’d rather a band like Coldplay take The Smiths approach, and release big b-side compilations alongside their albums. 

Coldplay's Double album was bloated with fillers...

I consider their Prospekt's march edition of Viva la Vida is their true Double album 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Galal said:

Coldplay's Double album was bloated with fillers...

I consider their Prospekt's march edition of Viva la Vida is their true Double album 

Not convinced about Prospekt's March being part of a Viva La Vida double album. Three songs are alternate versions of songs from Viva La Vida, two of which should have been on the album from the start. Life in Technicolor ii should never have been replaced with the instrumental version, and other than the extra vocals I am not aware of any differences between the two versions of Lovers in Japan. I did come up with a track list a while ago for a Viva La Vida 'complete edition' which combined both the album and Prospekt's March as if they were one album which did work well but without the changes I made to that tracklist it just wouldn't work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xylobryte7 said:

T Swift fans so lucky. Why can’t Coldplay drop a true double album for us lol

As a fan of both, I must say I like short and strong albums better. Viva la Vida alone covered more artistic ground for Coldplay than its three predecessors combined.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

Not convinced about Prospekt's March being part of a Viva La Vida double album. Three songs are alternate versions of songs from Viva La Vida, two of which should have been on the album from the start. Life in Technicolor ii should never have been replaced with the instrumental version, and other than the extra vocals I am not aware of any differences between the two versions of Lovers in Japan. I did come up with a track list a while ago for a Viva La Vida 'complete edition' which combined both the album and Prospekt's March as if they were one album which did work well but without the changes I made to that tracklist it just wouldn't work.

At the very least better than Everyday life.. Everyday life could've been a great double album if they chose what songs should be on the album from that era correctly they omitted great songs in favour of fillers 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Galal said:

At the very least better than Everyday life.. Everyday life could've been a great double album if they chose what songs should be on the album from that era correctly they omitted great songs in favour of fillers 

What songs would you consider fillers? Just curious.

33 minutes ago, HowCouldIForget said:

In my personal opinion songs like Eko, Bani Adam and WOTW / POTP are filler, I like all of these songs but if you keep the same 16 track album and replace filler songs with stuff like Wedding Bells, Everyday Story, Flags and Famous Old Painters it makes the album so much more full and twice as good

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MyloRedux said:

In my personal opinion songs like Eko, Bani Adam and WOTW / POTP are filler, I like all of these songs but if you keep the same 16 track album and replace filler songs with stuff like Wedding Bells, Everyday Story, Flags and Famous Old Painters it makes the album so much more full and twice as good

I can't agree on Eko, I think it's one of Coldplay's most beautiful songs period. The other two I can somewhat understand. Though I feel like there's songs I would change out on pretty much every album. Even Viva, with it being my other favorite. Ultimately, I remember it's not up to us and that's okay. I trust the band's choices, even if I don't always agree with them. They could also always be saving music for something later. Would I have loved to see Wedding Bells and Famous Old Painters here? Of course. Could they be used elsewhere in a better context? It's hard to say. My main fear is they get altered in a way that worsens them, you can see how songs like Biutyful get designed around the sound an album has. I don't want to go in with a closed mind but I'm already fearful MM won't be what I want from the band based on how MOTS was. I barely listen to it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowCouldIForget said:

BrokEn

WOTW/POTP 

EKO

OLD FRIENDS 

these songs should've been released as B sides 

Instead they could've included 

FLAGS 

EVERYDAY STORY

BROKEN 

WEDDING BELLS 

The olive tree part of Arabesque could've been a separate song as well 

23 minutes ago, Galal said:

BrokEn

WOTW/POTP 

EKO

OLD FRIENDS 

these songs should've been released as B sides 

Instead they could've included 

FLAGS 

EVERYDAY STORY

BROKEN 

WEDDING BELLS 

The olive tree part of Arabesque could've been a separate song as well 

Old Friends being on here is criminal... WINAF is RIGHT there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4racide said:

I like when i need a friend specially the live version with the piano but yeah it also could have been a b side

Hi, I notice Coldplay start following a new account on X, a few hours ago they follow 258 accounts and now 259.

Idk if exists a way to be Shure who specifically they started to follow.

10 hours ago, m4racide said:

I love Old Friends too, not a filler for me. Eko is good too.

real fillers for me are sunrise, wotw/potp and bani adam. WINAF could have been a hidden track like the escapist. I would have added FOP, olive tree, broken, wedding bells, flags, LIAMR and weirdo.

Edited by johnnymax8652
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnymax8652 said:

real fillers for me are sunrise, wotw/potp and bani adam. WINAF could have been a hidden track like the escapist. I would have added FOP, olive tree, broken, wedding bells, flags, LIAMR and weirdo.

bani Adam has ballad of at John on it another old song from the wedding album sessions also, Sunrise is literally a intro 

• Like 2

I think Sunrise is not a filler. It's necessary to get people into vibe of the album. But Broken, WOTW/POTP, Guns, Old Friends are fillers.
I think When I Need a Friend is a good ending song in the first half. Eko is a small pretty song. Bani Adam is basically Infinity Sign of the EL. I love it. When i want to listen COTW i always start with Bani Adam. 

Just think about when you opened the album and just played Broken, WOTW/POTP, Guns or Old Friends? They are nothing on their own. I think that makes them fillers.

Also i agree that the leaked demos have many great songs and they should have been in the album.

Edited by Xyloband_99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnymax8652 said:

LIAMR ? What is that?

Weirdo is planned for The musical that's why i didn't include it with the songs they should've include on EL but the other ones are probably will never be released 

• Wow 1