✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

I know, but "they don't like to be seen at events with each other", for shiz sake, it's looking after your daughter. If they stay away from each other in public this hardcore, it'll be harder to ever do so, therefore vicious cycle blah blah blah. True fact.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I understand that. But it wasn't as if there were any paps there, it unlikely that they would've been able to gain access to a school anyway.

Plus they would have been photographed whether they were together or not.

I just think sometimes they should stop worrying so much. I think them not allowing their relationship to be open for public consumption is a great thing, keeping it private and not courting publicity is a great thing to do. Just sometimes, for the sake of their kids, they should just lighten up slightly. :)

I don't blame them at all. Someone obviously blabbed to the press, which is the reason they go out of their way not to be seen.

Maybe if people weren't so damn nosey, they wouldn't mind so much.

Obviously it works for them and their kids, so thats all that matters :)

Now that you are on this topic, I'll chime in. I think it's completely ridiculous the efforts that G & C go to in order to "not be photographed together." Look at Gwen Stefani and her husband, Gavin Rossdale, they chose to act like normal people and not flip out about pictures and therefore, they are left alone for the most part. Chris and Gwyneth are actually making it far worse to make such a big deal over this issue. I get it that the paparazzi can be intrusive and overboard at times but if they just smiled and moved on, people wouldn't follow them as much as they do.

I also don't get how Chris picks and chooses when he will talk about his personal life. In Rolling Stone, he was more vocal yet in other interviews, he storms out. There are MANY famous married couples who understand that when you marry another celebrity, you are entering into an unconventional situation and it's his attention to NOT discussing it that irks people and causes much more fuss than if he just said, "Yeah, I love my kids, they are cute, they do this and that, my wife is beautiful, she's proud of me, we're happy, etc." Then, people would MOVE ON.

I also find it interesting how the month that VLVODAAHF comes out, Gwyneth is on at least two major magazine articles here in the US (which of course mentions Chris & Coldplay) and her movie is coming out at the same exact time. They use it when it's convienent for them but how dare anyone ask them about even a short comment.

It's just silly and childish.

I agree with some of what you're saying but not the using it for publicity when it suits them part. Not at all. That's exactly what they don't do.

Chris may feel more comfortable talking about his personal life in Rolling Stone because it's an article on HIM, therefore he might not feel as paranoid about her being associated with the band. And if you read the article he never actually talks about their life together, he only talks about him and how he's not had many girlfriends.

She was in mags there because she did a huge amount of press for Iron Man and then was one of the stars at Cannes. Again she answers no questions about Coldplay and vaguely answers any questions on him.

They are both huge stars in their own rights, they don't need to promote one another ;)

I think they are a little too stressy on the not being photographed thing sometimes, as I've stated. When it's a relaxed environment then they should lighten up. But I understand them wanting to keep their personal life out of the media eyes, looks what it does to everyone else. And as Chris says himself, he can't control how he acts when he feels his family is threatened, so he'd rather avoid being in that situation than doing something he regrets :)

Now that you are on this topic, I'll chime in. I think it's completely ridiculous the efforts that G & C go to in order to "not be photographed together." Look at Gwen Stefani and her husband, Gavin Rossdale, they chose to act like normal people and not flip out about pictures and therefore, they are left alone for the most part. Chris and Gwyneth are actually making it far worse to make such a big deal over this issue. I get it that the paparazzi can be intrusive and overboard at times but if they just smiled and moved on, people wouldn't follow them as much as they do.

I also don't get how Chris picks and chooses when he will talk about his personal life. In Rolling Stone, he was more vocal yet in other interviews, he storms out. There are MANY famous married couples who understand that when you marry another celebrity, you are entering into an unconventional situation and it's his attention to NOT discussing it that irks people and causes much more fuss than if he just said, "Yeah, I love my kids, they are cute, they do this and that, my wife is beautiful, she's proud of me, we're happy, etc." Then, people would MOVE ON.

I also find it interesting how the month that VLVODAAHF comes out, Gwyneth is on at least two major magazine articles here in the US (which of course mentions Chris & Coldplay) and her movie is coming out at the same exact time. They use it when it's convienent for them but how dare anyone ask them about even a short comment.

It's just silly and childish.

i agree with pretty much everything except the last bit about them using it when it's convenient. i think that's total coincidence.

i think they're perfectly right to keep their private lives private, but i don't think that means NEVER being photographed together either. i understand chris not going to the red carpet things (god, imagine him there...the clothes would be mortifying :P), but a casual snap together once in a while would do wonders for them, i think. that's not to say that they would never be bothered again, but i think the paps would get *slightly* less cutthroat about it all. i think this is mostly more chris than gwyneth, and i understand that he's one of those people that has a problem controlling himself sometimes, especially when it's his family involved, but i think he should maybe just see that making it all less of a big secret makes it somewhat less interesting for all the paps and tabloids out there. i'm not saying go brangelina, but i think there has to be a happy medium.

i also think he's not doing himself any favors by talking more about personal things only with certain reporters. i would have a problem with that myself. i would think that you get on better with certain reporters and like certain publications better, so you're more willing to say certain things to them, but if he talks a bit more about gwyneth to one magazine, all the others start drooling and think it's ok to ask the questions that piss him off when they come from other people and publications. then he gets all huffy and gets those bad comments which give him the bad reputation...etc etc.

anyway, my point is that i think gwyneth handles the whole "talking about personal things" well: gives tidbits of info that make people laugh while not revealing too much or having her kids grow up in the public eye. something tells me she wouldnt freak so much at a picture or two with chris, either :D

I'll stick my 2 cents in, too...I think Gwyneth feels much more comfortable w/ the whole media thing 'cause 1) she's had yeeaaarss of experience with it, so by now knows what to/not to say & can deal w/ a photograph or two being taken; 2) she's an actress, and I'm sure the same skills you use to play a character must help you put on a persona to the media that's separate from who you really are, to then feel like you maintain your real private self, well, private; 3) when she puts her work--ie films--out there, it's always a character, not her, while when Chris puts his work out there--album, concert-- it's totally him exposing himself, so he probably feels like he gives "the world" enough of himself that he wants to keep something totally private, his relationship with his wife & kids most of all; and, 4) just a few years ago, he was a regular guy making music with his university buddies--that they made it big and became known worldwide was a consequence, but not necessarily the goal, I assume.

It's like if any one of us all of a sudden became famous and met this superfamous person who we fell in love with--we'd still feel like "normal people," except everyone would want to know every detail about you. Taking out the garbage in your old sweats/pjs with no make up wouldn't be so easy anymore.:D So I can kinda sympathize with Chris in this respect, since I've always gotten the impression that he's just an average guy, not really into the limelight but just stuck right smack in the middle of it.

Privacy and intimacy are natural rights of we humans - if they want to keep their lives private, I have no trouble with that! Besides, wear the shoes they wear - would any of us want our lives exposed, and our kids subjected to all that scrutiny?? I'm glad Chris sticks up for their privacy; in a way, he's upholding the rights of all people to have private and intimate lives, unencumbered by the outside world's prying and criticizing ways..

I'm guessing the Martin family is in NYC until the first show in LA next week. Pictures of Gwyneth going into Madonna's NYC flat earlier today:

They are in New York, the Hamptons according to People.com:

Also in the Hamptons: Chris Martin, treating his kids – Apple, 4, and Moses, 2 – to chocolate at Dylan’s Candy Bar in East Hampton, N.Y. The Coldplay singer was really sweet with his children, a source says. He left the local shop employees breathless, too. “He looked really sexy,” says the source.

And wife Gwyneth Paltrow was around too: The actress and her family spent some quality time with her Iron Man costar Robert Downey Jr. over the holiday weekend.

http://www.people.com/

I'm not sure we can assume that because they watched apple at different times it was because of not wanting to be photographed together. I mean, I realize they do go to great lengths not to be photographed together, but this situation could have been a scheduling conflict. Perhaps they both had other commitments and were there as long as each could be. I just don't think it's good to assume what the media is reporting is the reason is the actual reason.

They are in New York, the Hamptons according to People.com:

Also in the Hamptons: Chris Martin, treating his kids – Apple, 4, and Moses, 2 – to chocolate at Dylan’s Candy Bar in East Hampton, N.Y. The Coldplay singer was really sweet with his children, a source says. He left the local shop employees breathless, too. “He looked really sexy,” says the source.

And wife Gwyneth Paltrow was around too: The actress and her family spent some quality time with her Iron Man costar Robert Downey Jr. over the holiday weekend.

http://www.people.com/

I WAS IN THAT EXACT STORE THREE WEEKS AGO. MUFFINS.

i basically live in the store next door to that and across the street too...AHHHHH why am i never there when the martins are?! :P :bigcry:

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Day Out in the Big Apple

gwyneth-paltrow-stripes-nyc.jpg

Wearing a cute striped top with a matching bag in hand, Gwyneth Paltrow was spotted out and about New York City on Tuesday afternoon (July 7).

The Oscar-winning actress grabbed up lunch at the Bowery Hotel’s Gemma in NYC’s East Village after some time hanging out with gal pal Madonna on a hot and humid afternoon.

Meanwhile, later on this evening, Ms Paltrow is slated to pay a visit to Bloomingdale’s for a little promotional work for Estee Lauder’s new fragrance, Sensuous.

Joining Gwyneth in the perfume bottle signing session will be stars including Elizabeth Hurley, Hilary Rhoda and Carolyn Murphy.

gwyneth-paltrow-nyc-788-9.jpg

gwyneth-paltrow-nyc-788-8.jpg

More pics here: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/gwyneth-paltrows-day-out-in-the-big-apple-204957/

P.S. I won't mention the gust of wind that seems to blowing up her top :P :lipsrsealed2:

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Day Out in the Big Apple

gwyneth-paltrow-stripes-nyc.jpg

Wearing a cute striped top with a matching bag in hand, Gwyneth Paltrow was spotted out and about New York City on Tuesday afternoon (July 7).

The Oscar-winning actress grabbed up lunch at the Bowery Hotel’s Gemma in NYC’s East Village after some time hanging out with gal pal Madonna on a hot and humid afternoon.

Meanwhile, later on this evening, Ms Paltrow is slated to pay a visit to Bloomingdale’s for a little promotional work for Estee Lauder’s new fragrance, Sensuous.

Joining Gwyneth in the perfume bottle signing session will be stars including Elizabeth Hurley, Hilary Rhoda and Carolyn Murphy.

gwyneth-paltrow-nyc-788-9.jpg

gwyneth-paltrow-nyc-788-8.jpg

More pics here: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/gwyneth-paltrows-day-out-in-the-big-apple-204957/

P.S. I won't mention the gust of wind that seems to blowing up her top :P :lipsrsealed2:

:lipsrsealed2:

You know what I don't get?

It looks like a bump in the second pic,

But in the Madonna pics there is no bump, lol.

Oh well.

If she is, that's great.

If she's not, that's great too.

gwyneth-paltrow-march-madonna-03.jpg

Is a little bit. :idea2:

Not that I think she is, of course. Just playing devil's advocate :P

They bring more attention to themselves because people wonder, "are they avoiding one another because they aren't happy?"

I get not talking about one another in depth to the press, but I don't understand why it's such a sin if a stinking photographer gets a photo of them on the street.

Anytime you treat something so seriously and secretly, it makes people more interested than they would be otherwise. It's like young people and sex.

Because it's not just one photographer once in a while, standing at a safe distance and being polite.

It's loads of them every single day, shoving cameras in your children's faces and deliberately insulting you to provoke a reaction.

gwyneth-paltrow-beyonce-wedding-13.jpg

Look at that picture! They're vultures.

On the other hand I do think that they could step out together once in a while, maybe without the kids. And I do think the storming out of interviews thing is ridiculous.

Man that picture is soooo bad. I feel for them, I really do.

I really have no idea why people try to enforce what they "percieve" as

normal onto other family's lives. It's exactly what the tabloid media does. You see people happy together in public all the time ( Drew Barrymore and Justin Long), and weeks later their broken-up, (which they are now) but the media BEFORE that were all about them being the Golden Happy Couple. Which turned out to be BULL!

The Martin family believes this is what works for them as a unit and ecspecially for mom and dad, which is obviously enduring. The Media thinks just because their not strolling down hand in hand that the marriage is in trouble, when it seems like the complete opposite. all im saying is that it works for them. If Gwyneth wants to talk about him or her kids in a magazine fine, but that is NOT inviting media to get daily shots of picnics and school functions. Same with Chris.....

one more thing: I think Gwyn is preggers...seriously, tiny bumps in both sets of pics.

oh yeah: and cuteness for all the fam hanging out with RDJ and eating ice cream like a normal couple. At least we dont see them at the IVY! :) lol