✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Oh thats a lot of fun! I used to do that back during Viva (that was the last time I had a lot of free time LOL). I did play some of MX songs but mostly just on my acoustic guitar. Those guitar solos from Up&Up are bound to be fun! Whats your gear if I may ask? :)

Not sure if you thought I meant that I played the guitar solo with an actual guitar, but I didn't use a guitar :) I just play it with a Roland electric piano that I have. I wish I could play the guitar though :)

Not sure if you thought I meant that I played the guitar solo with an actual guitar, but I didn't use a guitar :) I just play it with a Roland electric piano that I have. I wish I could play the guitar though :)

Oh dear...blasphemy LOL Yes I did think you´d play it on a guitar when you mentioned the guitar solo hehe And its never too late to learn :) Electric piano is nice to do tons of effects though and also do something like strings or similar :)

• Like 1

Oh dear...blasphemy LOL Yes I did think you´d play it on a guitar when you mentioned the guitar solo hehe And its never too late to learn :) Electric piano is nice to do tons of effects though and also do something like strings or similar :)

It isn't as bad as it seems! :P

I did buy an acoustic guitar but never got the chance to learn it. Also my fingers are thick so it's hard to for me to play the chords haha :)

• Like 1

It isn't as bad as it seems! :p

I did buy an acoustic guitar but never got the chance to learn it. Also my fingers are thick so it's hard to for me to play the chords haha :)

Oh its bad from a guitarist point of view! LOL I guess no different than me saying to a violinist I recorded some strings on my electronic keyboard haha I hope you get the chance to learn if it something you would like to :) I still hope one day to learn to play violin hehe

• Like 1

Oh its bad from a guitarist point of view! LOL I guess no different than me saying to a violinist I recorded some strings on my electronic keyboard haha I hope you get the chance to learn if it something you would like to :) I still hope one day to learn to play violin hehe

Hahaha I get what you mean now. It is indeed blasphemy :D

Am I the only one with a reaaaaaaally bad electric piano :(

Those Roland things are awesome. Mine doesn't even have touch sensitivity. :(

Don't be, you're not the only one. I really disliked Fix You too when we were in the X&Y era... However this song is now nolstalgic for me, particularly when I hear all the crowd singing at concerts - it is so beautiful and moving, rousing even...

Thank you for making me feel better about my horrible little secret. :D I can't really remember whether I liked the song when the album came out. Maybe the problem is more of a wear-out effect. Even on tour I always feel like I've heard it too many times. Though, I guess I found and still find it hard to connect with most of the X&Y songs for different reasons.

Am I the only one with a reaaaaaaally bad electric piano :(

I believe I had the cheapest most basic electric piano on the market LOL It really had nothing except the keyboard and the USB input and the basic effects. I did enjoy it for a while, especially that I could make strings background, then I sold it cuz I had no more free time to record songs, but I think even the most basic ones you can get quite a lot out of them :)

Thank you for making me feel better about my horrible little secret. :D I can't really remember whether I liked the song when the album came out. Maybe the problem is more of a wear-out effect. Even on tour I always feel like I've heard it too many times. Though, I guess I found and still find it hard to connect with most of the X&Y songs for different reasons.

Wow I was thinking about this a week or so ago. Every time I hear Fix You coming up live or Yellow for that matter I go like...oh boy *exhales* haha I honestly think its the wear out effect, because i distinctly remember loving Yellow and Fix You back when. I must say Viva is joining them in the "almost worn out" songs category too! Though I must say Clocks never made it into this group: maybe that piano riff and rocking drums are just too good to wear out haha who knows :)

Wow I was thinking about this a week or so ago. Every time I hear Fix You coming up live or Yellow for that matter I go like...oh boy *exhales* haha I honestly think its the wear out effect, because i distinctly remember loving Yellow and Fix You back when. I must say Viva is joining them in the "almost worn out" songs category too! Though I must say Clocks never made it into this group: maybe that piano riff and rocking drums are just too good to wear out haha who knows :)

Yeah, I had the thought during Viva as well. :D And just like for you, Clocks never made it to that category for me. It's the only song they played at all the 20 gigs I've been to, but I can't even imagine getting tired of it. For me it's the rocking live rendition as well. And the lasers!

• Like 1

I believe I had the cheapest most basic electric piano on the market LOL It really had nothing except the keyboard and the USB input and the basic effects. I did enjoy it for a while, especially that I could make strings background, then I sold it cuz I had no more free time to record songs, but I think even the most basic ones you can get quite a lot out of them :)

Some things I do like about my electric piano, is that for one it's a sampler so really if I want to get really creative I can do so :D I think I did record a few vocal samples.

Also, it has a TON of tones. Like, 400 tones. And by that, I mean, you can switch the sound to a grand piano, a mellow piano, an electric piano, even a string piano. And, there's a LOT more tones on there than just piano, you can literally play guitar or violin on my keyboard :D I appreciate that it has so much tones to play with. Like, you can play different sounds on the guitar on your piano when you switch the tones, and there's even just string option on the piano too. It's really cool in that aspect. I haven't even tried about 90% of then LOL

you can literally play guitar or violin on my keyboard :D I appreciate that it has so much tones to play with. Like, you can play different sounds on the guitar on your piano when you switch the tones

I like the different tones too but I only ever used them as background chords (like a strings background to a song). I could not dream of playing I dont know a violin or guitar solo on the keyboard hehe Call me old fashioned but thats just a no no for me *lol*

I tried to play drums too cuz I needed percussion background for some songs, but I quickly just gave up. Its just so wrong for to stand there without a drum stick and a drum and just see your finger tapping hahaha I need to feel the impact of my whole arm on that drum as I pound it or that string as I press it! LOL I guess I am very physical when it comes to music :)

• Like 2

I like the different tones too but I only ever used them as background chords (like a strings background to a song). I could not dream of playing I dont know a violin or guitar solo on the keyboard hehe Call me old fashioned but thats just a no no for me *lol*

I tried to play drums too cuz I needed percussion background for some songs, but I quickly just gave up. Its just so wrong for to stand there without a drum stick and a drum and just see your finger tapping hahaha I need to feel the impact of my whole arm on that drum as I pound it or that string as I press it! LOL I guess I am very physical when it comes to music :)

Lol I never really played with any of the tones much either but for drums I actually really find it easy to just tap away on a table or desk or something, like for example when the live version of ASFOS plays I always like dance around and tap to it :D But I still like the tones when they're there because it allows me to play so many more instruments that I don't yet own :D Of course it'll never feel like the real thing though.

Curently I'm thinking a lot about how grateful I am to have this band as a part of my life. They've been with me for 14 years now (nothing else in this time has lasted this long) and went with me through the hard, sad, the joyous and colourful times. Their music conserves all these times and memories that go with them for me.

Never would I have thought that this special relationship from buying Parachutes in a tiny record store in Berlin as a 15-year-old and having the words "living life inside a bubble" taped in big letters over my childhood room door - to today with a fundamentally different life as an adult, different feelings and such a different album, would last this long. After my first Coldplay concert in 2002 (I was 16 and my parents had to drive me 400 km :D) I cried a whole day, because I thought I might never see them again and could never relive the magic I had just felt. Little did I know...

Everything changed, but they remained my constant. I could always go back to their music and it gave me comfort and the feeling of being 'home'. Therefore I just wanted to shout out: I LOVE THIS BAND!

I can't wait for the summer tour to start and make more and more happy memories with them together. :)

• Like 7

Guest diogo_sg
Curently I'm thinking a lot about how grateful I am to have this band as a part of my life. They've been with me for 14 years now (nothing else in this time has lasted this long) and went with me through the hard, sad, the joyous and colourful times. Their music conserves all these times and memories that go with them for me.

Never would I have thought that this special relationship from buying Parachutes in a tiny record store in Berlin as a 15-year-old and having the words "living life inside a bubble" taped in big letters over my childhood room door - to today with a fundamentally different life as an adult, different feelings and such a different album, would last this long. After my first Coldplay concert in 2002 (I was 16 and my parents had to drive me 400 km :D) I cried a whole day, because I thought I might never see them again and could never relive the magic I had just felt. Little did I know...

Everything changed, but they remained my constant. I could always go back to their music and it gave me comfort and the feeling of being 'home'. Therefore I just wanted to shout out: I LOVE THIS BAND!

I can't wait for the summer tour to start and make more and more happy memories with them together. :)

That's beautiful [emoji4]

got my copy of AHFOD yesterday, it's the 51st cd in my collection ;)

Awesome! I got mine yesterday as well! [emoji1]

I love comments like these. It seems you've been here since the first day. :)

• Like 1