✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I love comments like these. It seems you've been here since the first day. :)

Well, not quite, lol. I believe the message boards here already existed back in 2001 or 2002. Ancient internet times.

But yeah, my early fan days date back to a time when I still got blank stares after mentioning Coldplay as my favourite band. But that changed quickly and later I mostly got rolled eyes. :D

But hey, 200 posts in nearly 13 years. I smell a record... ;)

• Like 1

Well, not quite, lol. I believe the message boards here already existed back in 2001 or 2002. Ancient internet times.

But yeah, my early fan days date back to a time when I still got blank stares after mentioning Coldplay as my favourite band. But that changed quickly and later I mostly got rolled eyes. :D

But hey, 200 posts in nearly 13 years. I smell a record... ;)

You should by definition be Honorary Coldplayer ! Please bring this to the mods' attention ! :D

• Like 1

You should by definition be Honorary Coldplayer ! Please bring this to the mods' attention ! :D

Oh dear. *blushes* Well, thank you. :)

I just remembered that for one of my earliest concerts, my mum had to call my school and tell them I'm sick when I was really 500 km away from home enjoying myself at the concert (thank you, Mum!). I wore the Coldplay shirt I had bought there in school the next day and everybody knew. So stupid, lol. :D

• Like 2

I just remembered that for one of my earliest concerts, my mum had to call my school and tell them I'm sick when I was really 500 km away from home enjoying myself at the concert (thank you, Mum!). I wore the Coldplay shirt I had bought there in school the next day and everybody knew. So stupid, lol. :D

you are now an honorary coldplayer, in case you haven't noticed in your profile :) congrats!

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg

you are now an honorary coldplayer, in case you haven't noticed in your profile :) congrats!

Congratulations, Stephie! So happy for you [emoji1] [emoji122]

Great story! And congrats on being a Honorary Coldplayer!

I just remembered that for one of my earliest concerts, my mum had to call my school and tell them I'm sick when I was really 500 km away from home enjoying myself at the concert (thank you, Mum!). I wore the Coldplay shirt I had bought there in school the next day and everybody knew. So stupid, lol.

Haha, great Mum you have ! Most parents wouldn't have done that !

Thank you, guys! :oops:

And yes, she's great. A Coldplay fan as well, of course. Well she had no choice.

So great to have a mum who is a fan too! Mine is as well :) And congrats with that title, though I must admit I dont know what it is other than it sounds really nice ! hehe :)

• Like 1

I'm making progress on learning Clocks on the piano/keyboard, and today I showed it to my grandma. Unfortunately I failed at singing at the same time when playing - I can sing Clocks quite well, and I can play it on piano reasonably well now (at least the first half), but both will not combine !

The verses are still OK because the singing melody and the piano melody are the same, but when I get to "Youuuuuu....aaaare", I get out of rhythm with playing the Clocks motif while singing. And my grandma had to laugh when I attempted that part :D

• Like 2

I'm making progress on learning Clocks on the piano/keyboard, and today I showed it to my grandma. Unfortunately I failed at singing at the same time when playing - I can sing Clocks quite well, and I can play it on piano reasonably well now (at least the first half), but both will not combine !

The verses are still OK because the singing melody and the piano melody are the same, but when I get to "Youuuuuu....aaaare", I get out of rhythm with playing the Clocks motif while singing. And my grandma had to laugh when I attempted that part :D

I always find it easier to focus on the accented beats in each measure for Clocks, those being 1, the upbeat of 2, and 4.

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and

Singing should be your brain's focus particularly for Clocks. Hope this helps :)

Reference: maybe almost 9 years of playing Coldplay music for funsies

• Like 1

I really don't have a good singing voice at all LOL. Especially I'd never ever be able to do the "youuuuu.... areeee"

I always find it easier to focus on the accented beats in each measure for Clocks, those being 1, the upbeat of 2, and 4.

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and

Singing should be your brain's focus particularly for Clocks. Hope this helps :)

Reference: maybe almost 9 years of playing Coldplay music for funsies

Thanks ! At the moment my mind just goes blank when I play the Clocks motif, and my hands go blank when I start singing. I've never been good at multitasking. I also find it difficult to focus on the beat only. Maybe I just need to practice it more till I can play it without the need to think about it at all !

I really don't have a good singing voice at all LOL. Especially I'd never ever be able to do the "youuuuu.... areeee"

Hey my voice is terrible too, but that doesn't stop me from singing. Don't ever give up ! :)

Thanks ! At the moment my mind just goes blank when I play the Clocks motif, and my hands go blank when I start singing. I've never been good at multitasking. I also find it difficult to focus on the beat only. Maybe I just need to practice it more till I can play it without the need to think about it at all !

Most of those skills will come with time. All I can say for Clocks is really try to focus on the leading note of each triplet and duplet because they are usually the place in the measure you're changing a note in your melody. I find bobbing my head along sometimes helps. Another way to get used to it is playing the triplets as chords (Eb, Bbm, Fm) while singing along, it makes playing them for real much less of an effort.

Most of those skills will come with time. All I can say for Clocks is really try to focus on the leading note of each triplet and duplet because they are usually the place in the measure you're changing a note in your melody. I find bobbing my head along sometimes helps. Another way to get used to it is playing the triplets as chords (Eb, Bbm, Fm) while singing along, it makes playing them for real much less of an effort.

Thanks ! That chord idea seems very good, i'll definitely try it !

• Like 1