✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

At a Christmas celebration with some friends and some of their family, I noticed to my great surrise an AHFOD CD lying about among the opened presents. I asked if anyone here was a Coldplay fan. A girl said she got it from her brother who likes Coldplay and said " I know half of the people like this band and the other half don't, and I belong to the latter". Her brother heard that and said, maybe we can exchange it against another CD. In the end I got asked if I want it, but I didn't wanna grab somebody elses present of course so I just said "I only like their earlier works, what would I do with that CD ?" (which is also true, of course, as all of you who know me know :D)

Finally they settled on looking for the receipt and exchanging it at the shop...

Wait what? So you practically told them its a bad album and so they returned it? o_O o_O

No, it wasn't me ! The recipient didn't like Coldplay and that's why she requested it to be returned. Alternatively they kindly offered to give it to me because they understood i am a Coldplay fan but I didn't wanna get somebody's present just because she doesn't like it ! It's hers ! :)

No, it wasn't me ! The recipient didn't like Coldplay and that's why she requested it to be returned. Alternatively they kindly offered to give it to me because they understood i am a Coldplay fan but I didn't wanna get somebody's present just because she doesn't like it ! It's hers ! :)

But her brother likes Coldplay so he gave it to her because he thought she wud like it. And now the same gift giver decides its best to return it and she has not listened to it so she´ll never know if she likes it? Dunno...sounds confusing LOL

But her brother likes Coldplay so he gave it to her because he thought she wud like it. And now the same gift giver decides its best to return it and she has not listened to it so she´ll never know if she likes it? Dunno...sounds confusing LOL

Well but apparently she dislikes Coldplay and refuses to give listening to a Coldplay album any chance :)

• Like 1

Well but apparently she dislikes Coldplay and refuses to give listening to a Coldplay album any chance :)

Well any Coldplay album is different, so you can like one and don't like another, like you yourself said to her hehe

But I must say strange her brother doesn't know the bands/music she likes hehe

But I must say strange her brother doesn't know the bands/music she likes hehe

Haha yeah. But they are both grown-ups and nowadays many adult siblings don't seem to be very close.

Brothers and Sisters unite...it's the time of your lives, it's the time of your lives...

• Like 1

You know what, my Coldplay tickets barely avoided catastrophe now ! This is what happened:

I bought two Berlin tickets for 85 Euros each and in late November it said they would arrive within a few days. But nothing came.

Three weeks later, still no tickets. I began to get worried. My dad had collected the post while I was still in the US but there was nothing among the letters. Finally I asked him if a letter by *name of the ticket company* had not arrived. And he said, oh wait, there was an advertisement in the post and its on the paper pile destined for garbage. We got it and it contained my Coldplay tickets !!! They would be gone with the garbage if I hadn't asked because he thought it was advertisement !!!

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
You know what, my Coldplay tickets barely avoided catastrophe now ! This is what happened:

I bought two Berlin tickets for 85 Euros each and in late November it said they would arrive within a few days. But nothing came.

Three weeks later, still no tickets. I began to get worried. My dad had collected the post while I was still in the US but there was nothing among the letters. Finally I asked him if a letter by *name of the ticket company* had not arrived. And he said, oh wait, there was an advertisement in the post and its on the paper pile destined for garbage. We got it and it contained my Coldplay tickets !!! They would be gone with the garbage if I hadn't asked because he thought it was advertisement !!!

That could have ended up badly! But I'm glad you still got them in time [emoji5]

Wow this read like a horror story thriller! Haha honestly so happy you caught them in time! :)

OMG! What a story!

• Like 1

Close call! Glad you recovered them!

Pure ticket horror. :) Luckily you were on time and your dad remembered the so-called advertisement mail.

I'm wondering, if tickets don't arrive because they are lost during shipment, can't you get a copy of the ticket?

I've been in a simular situation, tickets didn't arrive and because I was going to several concerts of the same band in a few weeks time I hadn't noticed it was missing.

The day before the concert my friend asked me to mail him his e-ticket.

Oops.

After contacting the ticket organization I was able to get a free copy of the original tickets at the ticket booth on the evening of the concert. Had to bring along a proof of payment and my ID card.

BTW, according to my ticketmaster account the despatch of the tickets for Wembley is on Sun 31 Jan 2016?

^ Same here...

Btw, good save @I ran away! So glad that you're going to see the band, finally... I remember your posts from another thread about having never seen them live before :)

Thanks ! Unfortunately, that's still unclear. I will probably be in the US in June but I bought the tickets just in case it works out time-wise, because I feared that i will not get my hands on reasonably-priced tickets if I need them shortly before.

Worst case, I will have to sell them o_O