✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

do you guys have any CP songs that you like less than most of the others and skip most of the time, but occasionally force yourself to listen to?

for me, this song is Fix You... it's never really connected with me, even though i think Chris's vocals in the album version are super beautiful, especially at the end :wacky: and lately i've come to really appreciate Will's drum line - that's really what i look forward to hearing in the song :nod:

but yeah, sometimes it will come up on shuffle and i'll think... ok... i haven't listened to it in a while so i guess i'll keep it on. i was just wondering if other people do this too for whatever songs :P

I definitely do that with a few songs... like Lost+ and Up In Flames. I love the original version of Lost! but I can't stand Jay-Z's verse. It feels like it was shoehorned in there and it doesn't sound good without a real hip hop beat. Plus, he raps over Jonny's solo! :annoyed: Without the rap, that's the best part of the song for me!

As for Up In Flames, I've already said several times that I don't care too much for the song. :P I usually only listen to this version, because I think it sounds so much better with Will on real drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPRuWeNcQA

Oh, and I rarely listen to the album version of Don't Let It Break Your Heart. The bonus track live version from Live 2012 is so much better.

• Like 4

I definitely do that with a few songs... like Lost+ and Up In Flames. I love the original version of Lost! but I can't stand Jay-Z's verse. It feels like it was shoehorned in there and it doesn't sound good without a real hip hop beat. Plus, he raps over Jonny's solo! :annoyed: Without the rap, that's the best part of the song for me!

As for Up In Flames, I've already said several times that I don't care too much for the song. :P I usually only listen to this version, because I think it sounds so much better with Will on real drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPRuWeNcQA

Oh, and I rarely listen to the album version of Don't Let It Break Your Heart. The bonus track live version from Live 2012 is so much better.

Good reasons, but this;

I love the original version of Lost! but I can't stand Jay-Z's verse. It feels like it was shoehorned in there and it doesn't sound good without a real hip hop beat. Plus, he raps over Jonny's solo! :annoyed: Without the rap, that's the best part of the song for me!

+1 !

Thanks for sharing this version, it's really beautiful... Up In Flames is one of my favourite songs :)

No problem. :) Up In Flames is definitely not one of my favorite songs, but I would probably like it more if the album recording sounded more like this version.

• Like 1

It's beautiful! I've always loved collages :D And btw, you're a very lucky person, you've seen the boys 4 times!! I've only seen them once and since then all I want to do is going to a concert again... if I could see them so many times I'd freak out lol :laugh3:

Thanks, I think the venues look so pretty! I do feel very lucky. It's like an addiction though. If I can't get a ticket I feel so so sad and upset. I managed to get a Royal Albert Hall ticket 2 days before the concert! I only went to Paris because it would have been my Mum's 60th Birthday around the time of the gig so I wanted to do something happy and finally visit Paris, especially Disneyland (at 24 years old) ! [emoji39] Hopefully you'll get to go to more concerts too! The more I see the boys, the more I miss them and want to see them again [emoji7] x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 4

If I can't get a ticket I feel so so sad and upset

This reminded me that I wanted to ask you something guys... have you ever had problems to buy a ticket to a CP concert? Has it ever happened that you weren't able to go because tickets had sold out very quickly? This already happened to me before with other bands (Muse for example), but when I went to a CP show a friend bought my ticket so I don't know if this is a common problem or not... I'm curious about it

• Like 1

This reminded me that I wanted to ask you something guys... have you ever had problems to buy a ticket to a CP concert? Has it ever happened that you weren't able to go because tickets had sold out very quickly? This already happened to me before with other bands (Muse for example), but when I went to a CP show a friend bought my ticket so I don't know if this is a common problem or not... I'm curious about it

Yes, they sell out extremely quickly so sometimes you have to wait and see if more are released a few days later or even a closer time to the concerts. I did that a couple of times. It's quite an anxious time lol x

• Like 1

So yesterday the band apparently soundchecked a song that hadn't been played in at least five years:

[MEDIA=twitter]770402844822216705[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/770402844822216705

I wonder if it was Cemeteries of London... they haven't played that one since the summer of 2011, which would make it about five years. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise at a concert?

Do we think we're getting a DVD release from this tour? I'd have to think so

Please, Coldplay!!! Make a DVD for this tour!!! I'm begging you!!! :wacko:

• Like 4

Hoping for one too. Everglow and (part of) AHFOD have been already recorded live, and it'd be interesting if the live release had all songs recorded from different places!

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It's always a stressful time for me buying CP tickets! I get scared and anxious that I won't get tickets. My first time buying tickets, I almost didn't go because they were selling so quickly. For the VLV tour (my first concert) my sister and I were going to see them but we had to get our tickets separately and we ended up being a couple of rows away from each other, which was not ideal, but we just really wanted to go. Now, I make sure I get up early and try to buy them as soon as they are released and I buy whatever comes first. I get too scared that I won't find any more tickets if I let those go. It's more difficult now though because I go to the show with my cousin, sister and now her husband. It makes it hard to find good seats for 4 people :(

My best experience buying tickets was for the MX tour, I bought 2 VIP tickets one night and 3 tickets the second night. I got VERY lucky with those VIP tickets because I ended up being in an area where the boys ran to the stage on their way back from the B-stage, so I got to touch them as they ran by! :P

• Like 5

I think I just found one of my favorite Coldplay concert performances :dazzled:

I should probably stop binge watching concert videos and go do my assignment now :'c

Staph being so addictive Coldplay :angry: I have a life to live :|

That's one my favorites too!!!! so Amazing! <3

It's always a stressful time for me buying CP tickets! I get scared and anxious that I won't get tickets. My first time buying tickets, I almost didn't go because they were selling so quickly. For the VLV tour (my first concert) my sister and I were going to see them but we had to get our tickets separately and we ended up being a couple of rows away from each other, which was not ideal, but we just really wanted to go. Now, I make sure I get up early and try to buy them as soon as they are released and I buy whatever comes first. I get too scared that I won't find any more tickets if I let those go. It's more difficult now though because I go to the show with my cousin, sister and now her husband. It makes it hard to find good seats for 4 people :(

My best experience buying tickets was for the MX tour, I bought 2 VIP tickets one night and 3 tickets the second night. I got VERY lucky with those VIP tickets because I ended up being in an area where the boys ran to the stage on their way back from the B-stage, so I got to touch them as they ran by! :P

If I got to touch them, I'd probably die from excitement. If not, I'd definitely be in tears! x

• Like 4

I think I just found one of my favorite Coldplay concert performances :dazzled:

I should probably stop binge watching concert videos and go do my assignment now :'c

Staph being so addictive Coldplay :angry: I have a life to live :|

That's my favorite Coldplay concert video ever. It was the first full-length Coldplay concert I ever watched so it will always hold a lot of sentimental value for me. :)

At the time I really only knew X&Y and the hits, so a bunch of the songs like How You See The World, Don't Panic, Politik, and GPASUYF were brand new to me. This video introduced me to what Coldplay was all about and made me even more eager to discover their music.

• Like 7

I hope so!

But even if they don't do a proper release for this tour at least we have the Rose Bowl stream! I still can't believe there wasn't a dvd release of the Viva concerts, the World Stage ones aren't enough for me :disappointed:

I hope so!

But even if they don't do a proper release for this tour at least we have the Rose Bowl stream! I still can't believe there wasn't a dvd release of the Viva concerts, the World Stage ones aren't enough for me :disappointed:

I know, right??? The World Stage concert is great but the video cuts out a lot of the songs, like The Hardest Part and Strawberry Swing. :(