✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

For #ColdplayVegas only a few requests

Lost!

Politik

Charlie Brown (as a request for brother who died)

Please let it be Politik.

I don't remember what the exact rules are for requesting a song but when I search for #RequestVegas I get a few more:

42 (yes please!!!!)

Violet Hill

Life in Technicolor ii

Lovers in Japan

And I don't understand why people request Yellow or ASFOS...

They must been avoiding spoilers for a long time :)

• Like 6

I had a look on Instagram to see which songs were requested for Salt Lake City.

Hashtag #ColdplaySaltLakeCity only has 15 entries, of which only a few are requests:

Atlas & ASFOS

Violet Hill

Swallowed in the sea

Talk

Always in my head

Green Eyes

Interesting choices! [emoji1]

Quick, someone request In My Place, Don't Panic or GPASUYF so that the boys don't have to inch out of their comfort zone !

• Like 5

I've been binge watching anything Coldplay on Youtube in preparation for the concert this Saturday :dance:

I watched Carpool Karaoke again, and kept laughing out loud by myself haha :D

I also watched the Halftime show for millionth time, now going to watch live2012 I think

Haha! That's the complete opposite of what I've been doing. I've been keeping away from watching live shows, periscopes except for one glasto watch and the occasional rare song they played. I'm going to the san Fransisco show too! So excited! We'll have that San Francisco choir that sang with Chris at a charity show recently I think.

• Like 2

Did anyone listen to this new KiddNation or what it was radio interview and felt the awkwardness about it ? This one: http://www.kiddnation.com/backstage-chris-martin-interview-at-730c/

4 mins of talking with Chris and Jonny buried in 12 minutes of a terrible interviewer laughing about his own funnyness and the way he handled the "interview"... I sometimes wonder if interviews can get any more superficial. At least it was clear from the start "Nobody wants to hear about the music, the listeners care more about what it feels like being them etc."

The jokes Chris did were quite nice though :)

• Like 3

Did anyone listen to this new KiddNation or what it was radio interview and felt the awkwardness about it ? This one: http://www.kiddnation.com/backstage-chris-martin-interview-at-730c/

4 mins of talking with Chris and Jonny buried in 12 minutes of a terrible interviewer laughing about his own funnyness and the way he handled the "interview"... I sometimes wonder if interviews can get any more superficial. At least it was clear from the start "Nobody wants to hear about the music, the listeners care more about what it feels like being them etc."

The jokes Chris did were quite nice though :)

someone did post it yesterday, a few pages back now i think. the three hosts were really obnoxious :P

i don't get how these people who are supposed to be professionals don't understand how to develop questions that let you learn more about who the interviewee through talking about their work? :wacko:

i guess maybe a lot of people think that asking about the music means asking about the finished songs and not the different processes that go into making the music... apart from how to ask Beyonce to sing on your record :P

• Like 2

Haha! That's the complete opposite of what I've been doing. I've been keeping away from watching live shows, periscopes except for one glasto watch and the occasional rare song they played. I'm going to the san Fransisco show too! So excited! We'll have that San Francisco choir that sang with Chris at a charity show recently I think.

haha, how do you keep up with news for so long without watching the shows? And I'm gonna be there this Saturday also! So hyped lol.

• Like 1

someone did post it yesterday, a few pages back now i think. the three hosts were really obnoxious[emoji14]

i don't get how these people who are supposed to be professionals don't understand how to develop questions that let you learn more about who the interviewee through talking about their work? :wacko:

i guess maybe a lot of people think that asking about the music means asking about the finished songs and not the different processes that go into making the music... apart from how to ask Beyonce to sing on your record :P

He obviously was not well prepared.

And then Jonny comes along unexpected too. [emoji3]

I got the impression that answering with jokes was a way to avoid those shallow questions.

And why "cutting and pasting" the interview in such a way that you are the most important one and not the person that was interviewed.

• Like 3

My new favorite band was tweeting about Coldplay earlier, here's some tweets that I liked:

[MEDIA=twitter]770744537849401344[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/puptheband/status/770744537849401344

[MEDIA=twitter]770743995207221252[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/puptheband/status/770743995207221252

[MEDIA=twitter]770745084220416000[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/puptheband/status/770745084220416000

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

their album is one of my favorites of this year!

I had a look on Instagram to see which songs were requested for Salt Lake City.

Hashtag #ColdplaySaltLakeCity only has 15 entries, of which only a few are requests:

Atlas & ASFOS

Violet Hill

Swallowed in the sea

Talk

Always in my head

Green Eyes

Interesting choices! [emoji1]

For #ColdplayVegas only a few requests

Lost!

Politik

Charlie Brown (as a request for brother who died)

Please let it be Politik.

I don't remember what the exact rules are for requesting a song but when I search for #RequestVegas I get a few more:

42 (yes please!!!!)

Violet Hill

Life in Technicolor ii

Lovers in Japan

And I don't understand why people request Yellow or ASFOS...

They must been avoiding spoilers for a long time :)

For #SaltLakeCityRequest I can find 5 x Us Against The World.

I guess this might be the winner.

Those are some amazing choices, with the exception of Charlie Brown, Always In My Head, and ASFOS. There's a good chance that they will play all three songs anyway. :P

Green Eyes has a good chance of getting picked. Same with Us Against The World. Violet Hill can no longer be counted out because they've played it once already. :) I'm curious how they would get Politik to work on the c-stage because it's such a "big" song... but then again, Violet Hill is kind of the same way so who knows?

• Like 1

Actually I'd be happy if they played Charlie Brown on the C-Stage cause I really want to hear an acoustic version of it!

Actually, now that I think of it, I'd enjoy that too. Back when Charlie Brown was first written during the recording sessions for MX, it was originally intended to be on an acoustic song until the band decided to scrap the acoustic album. So you could say that we'd be hearing a "baby" Charlie Brown if they were to play it acoustically. :D

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwrwv4fqzWI

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwrwv4fqzWI

A few days ago I discovered this documentary and I really loved it. The quality is not the best but the other versions are made with simultaneus spanish translation, so this is the only one I could find without that. Maybe most of you have already watched it, but if you haven't you should, it's f*** amazing :D

• Like 7

Actually I'd be happy if they played Charlie Brown on the C-Stage cause I really want to hear an acoustic version of it!

Me too but I don't want them to skip the album version. It could be also very cool if they did the first half of the song acoustic or something. And the last part(s) like the album version ! :awesome:

Those are some amazing choices, with the exception of Charlie Brown, Always In My Head, and ASFOS. There's a good chance that they will play all three songs anyway. :P

It bothers me so much that people request a song that definitely will be played as always :D Paradise, A Sky Full Of Stars, Yellow and go on for ever... I would say, make room for songs that haven't been played for a long long time and give the real Coldplayers more chance to fulfill their wishes :angry: !

• Like 3

Back when Charlie Brown was first written during the recording sessions for MX, it was originally intended to be on an acoustic song until the band decided to scrap the acoustic album. So you could say that we'd be hearing a "baby" Charlie Brown if they were to play it acoustically. :D

I am sure something like this kind of happened with many songs we now know as dreamy and/or sensitive songs. (I'm definitely not saying this about every slower CP song)

• Like 2

haha, how do you keep up with news for so long without watching the shows? And I'm gonna be there this Saturday also! So hyped lol.

Not going to lie, it was hard at first. Being busy helped :) I don't know the set list by heart or specifically how things are arranged in the live show. So really excited to see from more fresh eyes.

Let's hope coldplay will pull out a rare song or two. It is the final US show afterall ;)

Btw did you request a song already? Wondering if it's even worth the trouble.

• Like 3