✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

today i decided to listen to the interview Chris did in 2011 with Howard Stern and it's so weird hearing him get asked and talk about his marriage knowing now how it went

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=zdSfoQVrk-0;m=12;s=44

and like i kinda feel bad for him watching this back :( and then i stop feeling bad because he's OK now :P

• Like 1

Thanks for the shout out. But, I think it's the same interview as in the magazine Rhythm where Will appears on the cover. And I should say thanks to @Christa42 on twitter because I retweeted it after she retweeted it :D

• Like 3

today i decided to listen to the interview Chris did in 2011 with Howard Stern and it's so weird hearing him get asked and talk about his marriage knowing now how it went

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=zdSfoQVrk-0;m=12;s=44

and like i kinda feel bad for him watching this back :( and then i stop feeling bad because he's OK now :P

I kind of get that same feeling, like the MX era was filled with so much joy and color but under the surface Chris and Gwyneth's marriage began to fall apart... it makes me look at that part of the band's career differently now. It's kind of like it was masking the turmoil going on in their personal lives.

• Like 3

I kind of get that same feeling, like the MX era was filled with so much joy and color but under the surface Chris and Gwyneth's marriage began to fall apart... it makes me look at that part of the band's career differently now. It's kind of like it was masking the turmoil going on in their personal lives.

yeah, exactly! but then i think, you know, that first of all a lot of it (especially MX era) is what was going on in Chris's personal life specifically and not necessarily the band as a whole. plus when i watch interviews with Chris i feel like i can relate a lot to that contrast of not always feeling great, but being an optimistic person by nature... and so i don't think there was any masking, actually. like the positive and negative exist simultaneously without one being a cover for the other...

• Like 1

I was just reading an article/interview on Dan Smith from Bastille and the author mentioned how he reminds him of a young Chris. And now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense.

Here's the quote if anybody is interested:

Smith reminds me a little of a young Chris Martin, another neurotic Englishman with a gift for anthemic earworms. He has an enviable job that he is not quite built to savour. At least, not yet.
  • Like 5

Now I'm really starting to regret not getting tickets for the show in Denver this coming Monday. :( They played freaking Violet Hill last night! And they've been teasing One I Love for months, as well as apparently soundchecking a new song according to Roadie 42.

• Like 3

CqwH1b-VIAEe5ZB.jpg:small

Yay for pre show huddles! :D

I love how genuinely ecstatic they all look to be doing the show :wacky:

[emoji102] I see a cute Buckin moment right there.

Btw HB to AROBTTH a masterpiece, the first Coldplay album I listened and one of my fav albums ever.

Norys

• Like 5

I was watching Come Dine With Me and a contestant made a dessert called PARADISE Pudding Pot, and when talking about her night, she described it as MAGIC. Imagine if you had a Come Dine With Me night and named each course after a Coldplay song! [emoji1]

And just now, a car advert came on and my heart leapt when I thought the lady said Coldplay, but it turns out she said Car Play [emoji5] x

x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

In the past week after moving away to university, I've listened to AHFOD a ton of times. Probably even more than I did back in December after it came out and in June to hype myself for Glasto. I thought it was a solid album at first, but now it's starting to grow on me more and more. I still can't stand X Marks The Spot. :P But apart from that, I'm liking the album even more as I go through this big transition in my life. It helps reassure me and keep me optimistic.

I still consider myself an "Oldplayer." I don't think AHFOD is Coldplay's best work. I don't particularly like some of the things Stargate did to the songs. But AHFOD is the album that is speaking to me the most in my current situation and that is really helping me appreciate it more. :)

• Like 10