✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I kind of get that same feeling, like the MX era was filled with so much joy and color but under the surface Chris and Gwyneth's marriage began to fall apart... it makes me look at that part of the band's career differently now. It's kind of like it was masking the turmoil going on in their personal lives.

I actually think it caused some of it. I remember reading Gwyneth's note in Goop (her emagazine & business) about the release of MX. It was so oddly written. "Thank. You. God. " As if it were a real pain in her life. I think it went on to describe that it took so long to make. All I ever heard her say in interviews was how marriage is hard and Chris is a typical musician: moody. No surprise there how it ended. As soon as I heard Magic I knew they were toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

The other day I was walking the dog and passing through a tunnel under a busy street. Suddenly, I got the urge to play the guitar riff at the beginning of Politik as loudly as I could stand to amplify it in the tunnel.

• Like 6

I saw someone in a Coldplay shirt today on the bus...I first saw the back of his shirt which said Coldplay from outside the bus and as I entered I saw that it was the one with the chimps on the front ! First time I saw someone wearing a Coldplay shirt in a non-Coldplay-concert environment :D

• Like 9

I saw someone in a Coldplay shirt today on the bus...I first saw the back of his shirt which said Coldplay from outside the bus and as I entered I saw that it was the one with the chimps on the front ! First time I saw someone wearing a Coldplay shirt in a non-Coldplay-concert environment :D

That's awesome! :D I've only seen two people wearing Coldplay shirts in my everyday life. Last year I saw a Mylo Xyloto shirt at school and roughly a month ago I saw someone wearing a Ghost Stories shirt at a theme park.

• Like 4

I've just been reading a book which has got me thinking of Up & Up:

we’re going to get it

66c803146b4e9d8bd621ccd88236f96f.jpg

right now

going to get it

54aa3a3d59d1506fac3ff857a819a934.jpg

somehow

going to get it

f704dd836d792be994235a3734207aaa.jpg

and flower

oh oh oh oh oh oh

we’re going to get it

510f3288fd26284679231d2297ba8315.jpg

I know

going to get it

5a97ea1aef51ce265f971ecebbb10ea7.jpg

and flow

going to get it

9e89bb9dcdabc710d008d3c0b5f1fea6.jpg

and go

up and up and up

[emoji651] and [emoji651]

[emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji3] [emoji4] [emoji5] [emoji23]

[emoji171] [emoji170] [emoji169] [emoji172]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 9

That's awesome! :D I've only seen two people wearing Coldplay shirts in my everyday life. Last year I saw a Mylo Xyloto shirt at school and roughly a month ago I saw someone wearing a Ghost Stories shirt at a theme park.

I was wearing my FOL Tshirt the other day and a hippy-type bloke said he loved it and he had the symbol tattooed on his neck

" Great ! " I thought..." recognition at last."

Then as I was about to ask if he'd been to any concerts he started talking about the deep hidden significance / symbolism and 'how we all know what's going on' ........ OH ! - so not a Coldplay fan then ?

I came home and googled it to further my understanding.... fascinating stuff !

• Like 8

I actually think it caused some of it. I remember reading Gwyneth's note in Goop (her emagazine & business) about the release of MX. It was so oddly written. "Thank. You. God. " As if it were a real pain in her life. I think it went on to describe that it took so long to make. All I ever heard her say in interviews was how marriage is hard and Chris is a typical musician: moody. No surprise there how it ended. As soon as I heard Magic I knew they were toast.

that's really interesting. i have never been a fan of GP so never hear her side of things. all i know is that she did an interview after they split in which she said Chris is like her brother... awkward :P

I don't particularly like some of the things Stargate did to the songs.

agreed, some of the parts of the album i'm most "meh" about, like the vocal remix bits, especially in Army of One, seem to be Stargate touches and not necessarily things the Coldplay boys would have naturally done... which is part of the reason why i find it really easy to forgive that sort of thing. it's someone else's fault :P

• Like 4

I also seen an interview with GP and she said Chris is like a mad scientist....he just never stops.

• Like 4

I think that a lot of people here understand her pain... [emoji23]

lmao! i'm not sure how i feel about this.. i've only seen toddlers/kids crying over people like justin bieber or one direction or some tween/teen target markers like that... what's happening coldplay?!

• Like 3

I was wearing my FOL Tshirt the other day and a hippy-type bloke said he loved it and he had the symbol tattooed on his neck

" Great ! " I thought..." recognition at last."

Then as I was about to ask if he'd been to any concerts he started talking about the deep hidden significance / symbolism and 'how we all know what's going on' ........ OH ! - so not a Coldplay fan then ?

I came home and googled it to further my understanding.... fascinating stuff !

I was showing my brother gig footage and I was chatting away about how cool it all is, and bizarrely, by some miracle, my brother somehow said the Flower Of Life would make a nice tattoo (he isn't a tattoo person but I am). I'd consider it after finding out more about it [emoji5] x

• Like 1

Didn't you talk with him?

• Like 2

I'd like to see how they'd have handled today's episode[emoji23]. In fact, I'd love to see them be judges on a talent show. It would be hilarious.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app

Tonight's episode was great. I can imagine Jonny giggling, Guy flashing a gorgeous smile, Will politely nodding and Chris cracking cheesy jokes x

• Like 1

Imagine if the boys were each a judge on the X Factor [emoji3] x

now, now, we all know Chris could never be a judge because then he'd have to place a higher value on one person than another

he could be a judge on Whose Line, where everything's made up and the points don't matter :P

-- actually... all the boys as contestants on Whose Line and Phil as the judge...

i gotta pitch this to someone :escaping:

• Like 7

now, now, we all know Chris could never be a judge because then he'd have to place a higher value on one person than another

he could be a judge on Whose Line, where everything's made up and the points don't matter :P

-- actually... all the boys as contestants on Whose Line and Phil as the judge...

i gotta pitch this to someone :escaping:

Yes!! I already enjoy that show but a Coldplay version would be even better :laugh3:

• Like 3

Right now I'm listening to all the songs that Coldplay played on the AROBTTH tour but never released. I kind of want to combine those with Moses and the X&Y b-sides to make a sort of "LP 2.5" album. That would be really cool... :surprised:

Oh, and I thought I heard my roommate singing Princess Of China in the shower this morning. :D

• Like 10