✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Saw someone recently with a Coldplay AHFOD hat from the concert, at least I know I'm not the only one who wears something from the concert... I also found an Oxford street and also violet street (reminds me of violet hill) both really close to each other.

• Like 2

Saw someone recently with a Coldplay AHFOD hat from the concert, at least I know I'm not the only one who wears something from the concert... I also found an Oxford street and also violet street (reminds me of violet hill) both really close to each other.

I almost attended an event at a place called Violet Hill Studio [emoji134] x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

@Little Miss Coldplay - Harmonica was often used during Live Performances of Don't Panic during the Parachutes Tour (and also later on, for example at Glasto 2005). Live performances of Til Kingdom Come also often have it !

Something cool happened. I was just sitting in the student coffeeshop here and the radio was playing. One song ended and I hopefully thought, like I often do, maybe the next song will be Coldplay ?

In that moment I heard some familiar piano sounds, and sure enough, it was Everglow (the single version) !

• Like 4

I bought a harmonica today, it reminds me of my boys. I have a feeling a harmonica was used during Don't Panic at some point and Jonny played it, but am not 100% sure. Is that right or are there any other songs? x

I believe Chris used to play it on Don't Panic and Guy plays it on Til Kingdom Come.

• Like 1

I believe Chris used to play it on Don't Panic and Guy plays it on Til Kingdom Come.

Jonny also on Don't Panic. Sometimes Chris, sometimes Jonny :)

And the least successful attempt of all was at Bizarre Festival 2000, just listen to that :D

Update: Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara on the radio now. Brings back Coldplay concert memories !!

• Like 3

I bought a harmonica today, it reminds me of my boys. I have a feeling a harmonica was used during Don't Panic at some point and Jonny played it, but am not 100% sure. Is that right or are there any other songs? x

Chris also played harmonica for Death Will Never Conquer during the VIVA tour, which is where i got mine from ;)

• Like 2

Wow you got Chris's harmonica ???!!!

Lucky you !!!!

OMG!!! I'm so happy for you! I would have blown him kisses and burst into tears. Did you clean it? [emoji23] x

aw, thanks! i would say maybe a little bit of luck, a little bit of work. my review has the whole story if you want to read it - but please keep in mind that i was sixteen back then so it's probably SUPER fangirly :joy:

i didn't clean it, haven't used it, so maybe there's a small chance there's still some Chris DNA in there, haha! but i take pride in being able to say the last person to play it was Chris :P

• Like 7

aw, thanks! i would say maybe a little bit of luck, a little bit of work. my review has the whole story if you want to read it - but please keep in mind that i was sixteen back then so it's probably SUPER fangirly :joy:

i didn't clean it, haven't used it, so maybe there's a small chance there's still some Chris DNA in there, haha! but i take pride in being able to say the last person to play it was Chris :P

Amazing ! =D

• Like 1

Ok, at first I was like hm, I didn't know Coldplay had harmonicas in their store.

But you got it from Chris!! [emoji4]

What a story and how big are the chances that you are able to grab something unique like that!

*no I'm not gonna get jealous, no. Grrmmfff*

[emoji1]

• Like 3

i didn't clean it, haven't used it, so maybe there's a small chance there's still some Chris DNA in there, haha! but i take pride in being able to say the last person to play it was Chris :p

If I send you a DNA extraction kit, can you send the sample back to me ? I want to compare it to his DNA in the AHFOD Era from the artwork and discover the gene for poppy music taste. :p

• Like 1

If I send you a DNA extraction kit, can you send the sample back to me ? I want to compare it to his DNA in the AHFOD Era from the artwork and discover the gene for poppy music taste. :p

This sounds like a sneaky plan to do some gene manipulation!? :)

• Like 1

i think he's had that gene forever, but it's becoming more prominent in his middle age :p

This sounds like a sneaky plan to do some gene manipulation!? :)

right now i'm reading Jurassic Park, so... can you also mix Chris with a dinosaur?

dinoChris? Chrisaurus?

(wait, what? that book is supposed to be showing the dangers of doing stuff like that? psssh :rolleyes: )

Chrisaurus :D Is gonna be the nicest and most awkward dinosaur ever !

Well yeah, genome manipulation sounds good. Let's do some ChRISPR-Cas9 !

(If you wonder what I'm talking about, google CRISPR-Cas9. It's a comparatively new genome editing technique that has conquered labs around the world in just a few years. Will get a Nobel Prize within the next ten years, I would bet on that)

• Like 1

Chrisaurus :D Is gonna be the nicest and most awkward dinosaur ever !

Well yeah, genome manipulation sounds good. Let's do some ChRISPR-Cas9 !

(If you wonder what I'm talking about, google CRISPR-Cas9. It's a comparatively new genome editing technique that has conquered labs around the world in just a few years. Will get a Nobel Prize within the next ten years, I would bet on that)

:eek: that is pretty cool

meanwhile...

5s2v6.jpg

• Like 4

Today's random Coldplay thing:

Because I frequently drink coffee at my workplace and I wanted to make my desk nicer I brought my X&Y coaster there and use it to put mugs or glasses on. And it gives me a small happy feeling every time I see it :)

It looks like that:

911727.jpg.d373eefab562af05d878891fa512f566.jpg

(this is not mine, it's a photo from the internet showing both sides)

Anyway, today my boss was standing at my workplace discussing something with me and he said "nice coaster" !

Now I don't know if just meant the blue colour (there is a mug on it mostly anyway, so not sure he ever even saw the design) OR the design OR he recognized it as Coldplay. Hm. Two days ago he used the phrase "your guess is as good as mine". I'm pretty sure it's all coincidences but I'll keep my ears open :P

• Like 5