✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Hi

I am from the UK but am luckily on holiday in Florida in August so being a huge Coldplay fan we want to come to the Tampa gig.

I am having problems trying to buy tickets from live nation as they expect you to live in usa or canada so it keeps coming up with errors when I try to enter my details.

Does anyone know how I can get tickets? Any help would be appreciated.

By the way Elbow are another awsome British band and as good as snow patrol so you will not be dissapointed.

Thanks!

There are something like 40 sets of tickets up on Ebay, I think. Many are going for prices very near to "face value", too. Face value is around $130 each (U.S.) after one factors in all the Live Nation parking, ticket service fees and ticket taxes added to each $95 ticket.

You might try there, if you don't mind paying a small premium in order to get your tickets in advance (and also avoid the risk of getting shut out if the show sells out before August 7th).

(and yeah, I must admit that I have two of my Pit tickets up on Ebay ---- hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by saying that! ---- if I am, someone please let me know and I'll come back and edit this portion of the post out --- someone else has a pair of Pit tickets up on Ebay for $550.... I'm looking for FAR less than that! --- actually if my tickets sell for the minimum bid I've set, I'll be losing a good deal of money after the Ebay and Paypal fees, 'cause I paid $145 each when I bought them)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should all wear same color top, in addition to the yellow glow sticks.

What do you think?

well I know there will be glow sticks!!! I haven't had my shirt made yet, but it will be black with Coldplay embroidered on it and I am trying to decide if I want to have martinfan on it too. I am looking for colorful butterflies to put on it as well.

I will be in sec. 8, unless I can get a hold of jackie or a roadie for an upgrade:laugh3::laugh3: (Fat Chance) but ya never know!!!:D

August 9. 2009 Tampa tickets for sale

August 9. 2009 Tampa tickets for sale

Hi! I have two tickets to the August 9, 2009 Tampa, Florida show for sale. The tickets are together in Section 13, row N. Price is $261, which is what I paid for them with all the various additional fees. Please e-mail me at the address below if you are interested. I ended up getting closer seats so I can't use these. Please let me know if you are interested.

--bigu2fan

[email protected]

^Guys, just keep checking Live Nation every day. That's how WPB Coldplayers got pit tickets.

I won't cuz (a) I cannot afford another pair, and (b) I'm on Sec 7, which is close enough.

@TillyUK: thanks for the info about Elbow. I LOVE Snow Patrol, and I'm rather bummed that they're not opening in Tampa, but Elbow seems to be a cool band (I've heard some some of their songs in YouTube)

^Guys, just keep checking Live Nation every day. That's how WPB Coldplayers got pit tickets.

I won't cuz (a) I cannot afford another pair, and (b) I'm on Sec 7, which is close enough.

@TillyUK: thanks for the info about Elbow. I LOVE Snow Patrol, and I'm rather bummed that they're not opening in Tampa, but Elbow seems to be a cool band (I've heard some some of their songs in YouTube)

You can sell those tickets after you buy the pit tickets. (StubHub.com, craigslist)

That is what I did with my WPB tickets :)

I'll be willing to buy them if my thing fails. If you get GA Pit let me know. ;)

I'll be willing to buy them if my thing fails. If you get GA Pit let me know. ;)

FYI for all interested...

the 2 tix I have are on the same section, but 2 rows apart. Actually, they're on the same seat, but one is on Row H, and the other Row L

That's why I'm saying that I could not sell them cuz I doubt people wouldd want separate seats like these ones. :(

FYI for all interested...

the 2 tix I have are on the same section, but 2 rows apart. Actually, they're on the same seat, but one is on Row H, and the other Row L

That's why I'm saying that I could not sell them cuz I doubt people wouldd want separate seats like these ones. :(

I have the same problem. Two of my tickets are in section 14, row K, and another one separated in section 8, row B. :bigcry:

• 2 weeks later...

Early Entry to venue?

Anyone know if there is Early Entry into this venue? At the Atlanta show there were two ways to get in early through the VIP entrance...have a Best Buy Reward Zone card or a VIP card from the Venue (which I had). My daughter and I ended up being the first 2 people inside the entire venue so we ended up front row center PIT against the rail.

Anyone know if there is Early Entry into this venue? At the Atlanta show there were two ways to get in early through the VIP entrance...have a Best Buy Reward Zone card or a VIP card from the Venue (which I had). My daughter and I ended up being the first 2 people inside the entire venue so we ended up front row center PIT against the rail.

How do you get in early with Best Buy Rewards? I have that!!

Well guys the time is here!!!

Good News!!! :o

Finally Livenation released the most wanted tickets. PIT available for sale.

Lots available. :D

The Bad News... That Pit is huge, 1400 people vs the 200 people Pit from West Palm Beach. :angry:

We going to have to get there very early :\

(I thought it was my Coldplayer duty to inform you.)

Good News!!! :o

Finally Livenation released the most wanted tickets. PIT available for sale.

Lots available. :D

The Bad News... That Pit is huge, 1400 people vs the 200 people Pit from West Palm Beach. :angry:

We going to have to get there very early :\

(I thought it was my Coldplayer duty to inform you.)

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!

is it really that big??? :stunned:

^^wow that is a BIG pit :stunned: grrrr...this puts me in a dilemma. i really want PIT seats but I'm stuck with my old ones (unless someone kindly wants to buy them lol)

soooo here's my posting from the ticket thread....:D

I have two tickets to sell for the Aug. 9 Tampa show at Ford Ampitheatre. The seats are located in Section 17, Row B, seats 5-6 (on the right side of the aisle). Face value is $79.50 (USD) for each ticket. PM me if you're interested!! I'm really desperate to give these away! PLEASEEEEEEE!! I'M DESPERATE!

Also, I'm trying to get rid of another pair of tix lol Section 6, Row G, Seat # 21

Section 6, Row G, Seat # 22, they're $97.50 (USD) for each ticket at face value....PM if you're interested in those as well!