✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Yeah Lola is right, they might stay closer to the airport, if they leave the states for back home right after the concert, OR maybe their families will be here and they go visit the MouseHouse?

LOL they might relax alittle at area attractions, maybe Bush Gardens, probably not tho.:confused:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ew stalkers

We're just joking Lalo! :laugh3:

Fans sometimes wait outside the hotel where their favorite artists are staying when they are in town for a concert. If fans are lucky, and artists are nice, the fans can get to see them and even get an autograph and/or picture.

That's not stalking, is it? :uhoh:

haha, yeah! you might be able to get an upgrade :) i still dunno what time i'll be getting there yet. stupid work. hopefully early, or it might end up being like Orlando, right when the opening act was playing, lol.

ooh, I'd like to see the band at their hotel or def. before the show...yeah, my stalker side might come out in august lol :wiseguy::laugh3:

my friend and i would love to meet with everybody while waiting too!

An upgrade would be my dream come true :D, but I'm glad with the tickets I got :smug: (not that I would not accept an upgrade :P)

My motive for getting early is to listen to the soundcheck, or get a glimpse of the band when they get to the venue. oh, yes, and give thanks to the roadies :lol:

Yeah Lola is right, they might stay closer to the airport, if they leave the states for back home right after the concert, OR maybe their families will be here and they go visit the MouseHouse?

LOL they might relax alittle at area attractions, maybe Bush Gardens, probably not tho.:confused:

Actually, there are very fancy hotels near the airport (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, Renaissance)

Also, there is this mall called International Plaza, which is the fanciest one in Tampa, where all the luxury stores are located. Oh, and it has this nice outdoorsy area with fine restaurants. When celebrities come to Tampa, they are usually spotted here.

Haha, I know so much, the band should hire me as their tour guide or something :laugh3:

LOL, you would make a good tour guide for them, but I doubt if you would be able to concentrate, showing them around, you would be like " Yes and if you follow me down the road a way's I can show you the best Condo's here in tampa, and I shall fix you some tea"

Nope you wouldn't be able to do it:smug:

My motive for getting early is to listen to the soundcheck, or get a glimpse of the band when they get to the venue. oh, yes, and give thanks to the roadies

Oh, I forgot about soundcheck and all that! Hmm, now that gives me an even bigger reason to get there early! :lol::D Just wondering, can we just randomly go to a soundcheck? I thought you had to win a competition or be invited to attend?

Haha, I know so much, the band should hire me as their tour guide or something

They totally should, lol! you would make a great tour guide

Oh, I forgot about soundcheck and all that! Hmm, now that gives me an even bigger reason to get there early! :lol::D Just wondering, can we just randomly go to a soundcheck? I thought you had to win a competition or be invited to attend?

They totally should, lol! you would make a great tour guide

Yeah, I would guide them so they don't get Lost! :P

About getting into the soundcheck, I don't know.

I think maybe those who buy VIP packages get to be inside or win a competition (usually from a TV or radio station) :(

I know 97X FM is the radio station sponsoring the concert. They gave a presale code, and were giving away tickets (I entered the online raffle cuz if you never try, you never know :rolleyes:)

But if we're there early, we could put on our puppy faces (:embarassed:) and beg them (the roadies, becuase the venue people are more likely to be mean) to let us inside. "Please, please, please"

I think maybe those who buy VIP packages get to be inside or win a competition (usually from a TV or radio station) :(

I know 97X FM is the radio station sponsoring the concert. They gave a presale code, and were giving away tickets (I entered the online raffle cuz if you never try, you never know :rolleyes:)

But if we're there early, we could put on our puppy faces (:embarassed:) and beg them (the roadies, becuase the venue people are more likely to be mean) to let us inside. "Please, please, please"

yeah, we could definitely try the puppy dog look and beg the roadies! hahaha i'm totally willing to if it means meeting the guys and watching the soundcheck! :D

The cool thing about this venue is that since it's outdoors, you can hear the sound checks really, really well. so although you can't see the band sound checking (unless luck strikes you and you do get this opportunity!) you can hear all the stuff they say, play, etc..

I'll be getting there early to at least hear it, lol. It's the only treat besides the actual set, since I've given up hope on the seat upgrade miracle. It's meant for someone else, but not for me :(

The cool thing about this venue is that since it's outdoors, you can hear the sound checks really, really well. so although you can't see the band sound checking (unless luck strikes you and you do get this opportunity!) you can hear all the stuff they say, play, etc..

I'll be getting there early to at least hear it, lol. It's the only treat besides the actual set, since I've given up hope on the seat upgrade miracle. It's meant for someone else, but not for me :(

When I saw Radiohead here last year the sound checks really got me pumped. Me and my brother are probably going to leave as early as we can what time do you guys think they open the gates?

good point, justspies! :)

but don't give up hope on seat upgrades! my friend and i weren't expecting it at all in Orlando. in fact, we didn't even know about them and it just happened randomly and last-minute. you never know, it might happen in august...just keep an eye out for the roadies

I went to a concert at the Amphitheatre last year in August, and they didn't even open the doors to the concert until an hour before. :cry:I don't know if that's what always happens but last time, there was just a line wrapping around the parking lot. However, once the doors opened, the line moves pretty fast!

I don't know for sure at what time the gates will open. They usually open an hour before the opening act, no? And by that time, there's already a giant line! And at this venue, there's gates, but after they open, it's like a courtyard/food court thing where you can buy merch, all kinds of food, beer, cocktails, lol. And theeeen you walk up to the actual venue. But it's all open, so you can hear everything even if you're not in the courtyard.

Outside the gates it's like a mini complex, with benches, little water fountains, a gazebo. I remember walking through there and sitting while waiting for the gates to open. And I could hear the Eric Clapton soundcheck, it was very cool.

I think it's safe to say I'll be there way before the gates open, haha! Does anyone know when the sound check usually happens?

good point, justspies! :)

but don't give up hope on seat upgrades! my friend and i weren't expecting it at all in Orlando. in fact, we didn't even know about them and it just happened randomly and last-minute. you never know, it might happen in august...just keep an eye out for the roadies

Yeah, even if a roadie looked me in the eye, I think I'd still have no luck! This just doesn't happen to me! Which sucks for my friend, 'cos she's going with this super jinx. When it happens randomly and last-minute like it happened to you, it's gotta be the best thing ever!

Would be it rude to ask...or beg? LOL, just kidding.

I wonder if in this venue layout they'll do the acoustic set the same as at the Orlando venue...

Yeah, even if a roadie looked me in the eye, I think I'd still have no luck! This just doesn't happen to me! Which sucks for my friend, 'cos she's going with this super jinx. When it happens randomly and last-minute like it happened to you, it's gotta be the best thing ever!

Would be it rude to ask...or beg? LOL, just kidding.

I wonder if in this venue layout they'll do the acoustic set the same as at the Orlando venue...

haha i have no shame when it comes to coldplay, so asking or begging for a upgrade, to meet the guys, etc. is something i'm willing to do! :laugh3: jk, sort of lol

but you never know! at first when the roadie came to our section he approached two other girls (our eventual seatmates). i didn't expect him to come back, but when he did I made sure I caught his eye! Sure enough, he walked over to my friend and I and the rest is history! So you don't necessarily have to beg or ask, haha, just catch their eye! :D

anyway, i'm not sure if they'll do the acoustic set again. i hope so because i thought it was a nice gesture to the fans with crappy seats. but i have a feeling that they might add a new thing or two to this leg of the tour.

I went to a concert at the Amphitheatre last year in August, and they didn't even open the doors to the concert until an hour before. :cry:I don't know if that's what always happens but last time, there was just a line wrapping around the parking lot. However, once the doors opened, the line moves pretty fast!

what concert?

haha i have no shame when it comes to coldplay, so asking or begging for a upgrade, to meet the guys, etc. is something i'm willing to do! :laugh3: jk, sort of lol

but you never know! at first when the roadie came to our section he approached two other girls (our eventual seatmates). i didn't expect him to come back, but when he did I made sure I caught his eye! Sure enough, he walked over to my friend and I and the rest is history! So you don't necessarily have to beg or ask, haha, just catch their eye! :D

anyway, i'm not sure if they'll do the acoustic set again. i hope so because i thought it was a nice gesture to the fans with crappy seats. but i have a feeling that they might add a new thing or two to this leg of the tour.

I'm thinking this also, I can't wait to see what they throw in.

I'm gonna have to tell my friend this, maybe there's hope for us, lol. We're still excited though.

And I'm all for a new thing or two this leg of the tour! And now there's West Palm in May, outdoors again?! Coldplay likes Florida.

I'm gonna have to tell my friend this, maybe there's hope for us, lol. We're still excited though.

And I'm all for a new thing or two this leg of the tour! And now there's West Palm in May, outdoors again?! Coldplay likes Florida.

Yeah, they should play in Orlando too! :D

Hey guys!

I love the idea of the yellow glowsticks! I am also in Section 8 - Row B, and add me in! I will be bringing a bag of yellow glowsticks to cover at least 50-70 people.

Make sure to spread this at least in sections 8-10, and also in the West Palm Beach show (For those of you who are going to both of them). We must make a memory of welcoming Coldplay, and a memory of saying goodbye to Coldplay as well. :)

Yeah, they should play in Orlando too! :D

They already did this tour already, I was there amazing show. It would be really cool being the last show in the USA and all to introduce us to a new song.

It is my dream to hear "Moses" live by Coldplay. If you haven't heard it, it is in the Live 2003 DVD & CD.

I will try to make a big sign saying: "PLEASE PLAY MOSES". I am in section 8, so it would be practically impossible for the band to see the sign from such a long distance (Even if it has lights on it). :cry:

Hopefully, I'll ask a roadie for a ticket upgrade and I'll show it to the boys if I get to sections 1, 2 or 3. :)

Another possibility would be to give the sign to someone who has a seat in sections 1, 2, or 3, and ask them to show the sign to the boys. :D

Let's pray, wouldn't you like to hear 'Moses' live? :rolleyes: