✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Barça Europe Champions, and now Coldplay is about to release the new single! Pretty cool, isn't it?

Please don't start with the Barcelona stuff, yes they play really well, but really, this is COLDPLAY we're talking about.

holy crap the lyrics are horrendous. I mean honestly does Chris Martin just take like 5 minutes to write all the lyrics to a song?

It should be an in depth process.

EXACTLY.

Also I think they look a bit ridiculous in the new photos as well... why do you need to dress up and/or wear make up... just be yourself. It's like they're trying too hard to fit in. Their first two albums they never needed to put up any kind of image.

They did wear make up? :wreck: :freak:

*goes to see the photo again*

hey! a good song doesn't need really good lyrics, don't judge it until you hear it with chris's voice and sound. and in the first two albums they weren't as big as they are now. at leat they are giving us something! and maybe this, what we see now, is the real coldplay? just calm down, don't judge, and wait.;)

Music AND lyrics are important, even if someone has a great voice and the music is perfect, if the lyrics are crap it changes everything

Oh no, I'm a horrible singer, no sense of melody at all... so no! :D

I read the lyrics out loud tho...

So did you make it sound good? :p

Me?

I ruined it hahahaha, no it's just I can't work out what the melody will sound like :\

I already have problems with this song and I haven't even heard it.

The lyrics...

holy crap the lyrics are horrendous. I mean honestly does Chris Martin just take like 5 minutes to write all the lyrics to a song?

Also I think they look a bit ridiculous in the new photos as well... why do you need to dress up and/or wear make up... just be yourself. It's like they're trying too hard to fit in. Their first two albums they never needed to put up any kind of image.

I really hope I like their new album and songs after being disappointed looking back with their last two albums (Though I loved X&Y initially). So far they aren't doing a good job in convincing me.

I gotta agree with you on the lyrics. I hadn't read them until just then because I don't like reading lyrics before hearing the song, but after reading your post I couldn't help but have a look at them.

Apart from the line "I'd rather be a comma than a full-stop", those lyrics seem really shallow and uninteresting to me. Not a fan of the album artwork either.

But it's Coldplay. I loved Viva, so I'm sure I'll love LP5 too.

oh my holy jesus christ on a bycicle.

Can the hoard of people complainig about every detail wait until they have at least heard the music please?

we wait years for new music, they take their sweet time and avoid releasing a new album every year (like some bands) to work on making it perfect and making it the best they can, and we all wait for it day in day out with anticipation, and the second they spoil us with a sliver of news the bandwagon of people slamming it and thinking they could do better just gets bigger and bigger. Leave it, will you? if you hate the music then that's a fair opinion, but how can the lyrics be terrible when you have no idea how they work in the song? if you could be doing a better job then you'd be in the music industry yourself.

Music AND lyrics are important, even if someone has a great voice and the music is perfect, if the lyrics are crap it changes everything

yah okay i have to agree on that. but maybe if you hear them with the sound, it gets a total different meaning or feeling. at least that's what i have with coldplay, their lyrics aren't always the best:rolleyes:

WA WA WA WA WATERFALL

FUN FUN FUN FUN

okay I just crossed the line, sorry. :disappointed:

Best post ever :lol:

yah okay i have to agree on that. but maybe if you hear them with the sound, it gets a total different meaning or feeling. at least that's what i have with coldplay, their lyrics aren't always the best:rolleyes:

they'll probably make a slow song with lyrics about dancing all night and being rebel :freak:

Lyrics are very important - but a good judgment comes after hearing them in conjunction with the music. As has been said here before, some Coldplay songs that we like very much don't have very good lyrics if they are read alone (i.e. Swallowed in the Sea).

So what I am saying is that we should wait before making up our minds. Everyone here is free to give their views, but it hurts to see long-time fans destroying such a wonderful band before they see the release of the final product.

On the other hand, I don't see that they are wearing make up. And it is normal that they have colorful jackets and pants. To me, their main thing is their music - the other things are extra stuff to make it a little bit less serious and more fun.

Lyrics are very important - but a good judgment comes after hearing them in conjunction with the music. As has been said here before, some Coldplay songs that we like very much don't have very good lyrics if they are read alone (i.e. Swallowed in the Sea).

So what I am saying is that we should wait before making up our minds. Everyone here is free to give their views, but I hurts to see long-time fans destroying such a wonderful band before the release of the final product.

On the other hand, I don't see that they are wearing make up. And it is normal that they have colorful jackets and pants.

Exactly my thoughts, no words to add.

My brother told me that I musnt get excited for the album because or i will get dissapointed

I hope at least the songs will be good.I dont like the lyrics,but i dont understand spoken (or singed) English so much,so...

If that's the case then it will be FUN FUN FUN FUN

edit: Rudy I swear I drafted this before I saw your post

no not at all... I was actually thinking the same thing

Best post ever :lol:

:awesome:

Rubecca :lips:

:disappointed:

The lyrics...

I worry about this a little too, but I am waiting until I hear it. Lyrics don't tend to stop me if a song is just fun at times :embarrassed:

I really hope I like their new album and songs after being disappointed looking back with their last two albums (Though I loved X&Y initially). So far they aren't doing a good job in convincing me.

I think it's becoming a sort of thing for them do to, tbh.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The lyrics...

I really don't think the lyrics are bad. "Wa wa wa waterfall" is getting to me but until I hear it I can't judge. But overall they are different but when I look at these lyrics up against something like Clocks for example I see no difference in abstract. Only I can figure out what the theme of this song is. They may be hit and miss some of them but I feel most of the lyrics are a hit. In fact I think some of them are fantastic.

And the costumes? Really what is wrong with wanting to be a bit distinctive? They clearly want to set themes for this album. It's their job to keep things interesting and besides we've seen Coldplay 'be themselves' for the first three albums. Time to move on and keep things interesting. They are big enough and successful enough to do something like this and good on them for doing so.

They're doing it differently but they are rightly continuing with what was so so successful for them for their last album which was easily along with AROBTTH their best in quality terms.

theres no pleasing you lot lol :]

i think the lyrics sound good

Just look at some of those rhymes and lyrics. I don't see how you can think they're good especially when you try to read them outloud

So what I am saying is that we should wait before making up our minds. Everyone here is free to give their views, but I hurts to see long-time fans destroying such a wonderful band before the release of the final product.

On the other hand, I don't see that they are wearing make up. And it is normal that they have colorful jackets and pants.

The melody of that song is good, but I cringe at the lyrics when I hear them.

Of course I have to hear the song before I judge, but lately the band has not been impressing me, from their image and trying to hard to be something they are not to their change in sound to appeal to a specific audience to most importantly Chris Martins sloppy lyric writing.

If he really has trouble with lyrics then make it a collaborative effort, but I find them embarrassing. And it's not as if it's just one song but a lot of his songs.