✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

Guest howyousawtheworld
I disagree. The lyrics themselves on their own are very sloppy. And his rhyming is extremely predictable.

It's like I just imagine like the line that ends in "knees" he's thinking... hmm... what can I rhyme with that... oh I know... trapeeze. I just feel the excessive rhyming becomes too predictable. I mean even when I first heard Swallowed in the Sea I could figure out what word he was going to say before he even said it.

And the whole dressing up thing is ridiculous because it feels like they're trying to hard IMO to be something different. At least their first 2 albums they just acted normal.

What's the whole Ruby thing?

...goodbye Ruby Tuesday

knees and trapeeze - I see your point. But since when was rhyming a crime? Some of the best songs lyrically have contained lot's of rhyming. And come on - the lyrics are better than Swallowed in the Sea! And I still disagree on the costumes part! I don't think they're trying too hard. I don't see where they need to fit in or trying to hard to be different. If they did then they'd go for a radical change like U2 did in the early 90s. But they haven't. They still look like Coldplay - only Coldplay with different clothes.

But hey respect your opinion. It'd be boring if all of us just sat around saying 'well I think it's all just brilliant'!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you okay if they dress up as Lady Gaga or some other peculiar attire, since you said outfit says nothing about their music? :uhoh: Just curious. :anxious:

Yep that's pretty much what I am saying. Why should I care how they choose to dress? Lady Gaga's way of dressing actually says nothing about her music by the way. Her clothes are crazy looking and kind of freaky but her songs don't sound crazy or freaky, they sound like regular pop songs.

And it's the same for any other musician.

I don't think that "Fix You" or as others indicate "Swallowed in the Sea" had very complicated and depthy(!) lyrics but we see how great they are,,,

about photos I think you are right to some extent but we must consider the fact that coldplay does not tend to and is not a regular and every-day band, I don't mean it's good or bad but by each Album I think they share a wide area of feelings and impressions, they want to be really great and impressing, so to have a good harmony with the new era, they have to have a new WAY of wearing...

but opposite to others I think a complete opinion will be available only after the album released not only after this song...

We have great "Christmas Lights" and that's why they can ;)

sorry for poor english

I don't see how they aren't a regular every-day band, I mean it's just a band.

I just feel that strange getups is a bit pretencious.

Now people can bring up Lady Gaga, but I think what is different is that she is more about the stage performance and persona and then the music. Coldplay at least initially for me was soley about making great music, but now it's changed.

It's funny how everyone is criticising-for better or for worse- a song no one has even heard yet (and if you did, please share the link :P) I won't make a judgment until listening to the song. Lyrics may work or not, but without the music there's something important missing, if then some people still don't like it, well, you don't have to love every single song.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I have been disappointing. Listening back to X&Y it's very mediocre, not much that stands out anymore. Also X&Y there's bits I really like (beginning bits of 42 & Death, and also some songs like Life in Technicolor & Reign of Love).

For an audience I think it's more of a teenage/tween age gap that they are trying to reach being that that is an age where people change their looks and wear ridiculous clothings at that age. So I think it's going for that. I also feel that the lyrics are aimed towards a younger audience being so simple and also talking about dancing

:lol:

I don't think he sets out to capture a teenage audience. Death and All His Friends ain't lyrics that sound like your average pop song. Just cos songs talk about dancing doesn't make them aimed at a teen audience.

Yep that's pretty much what I am saying. Why should I care how they choose to dress? Lady Gaga's way of dressing actually says nothing about her music by the way. Her clothes are crazy looking and kind of freaky but her songs don't sound crazy or freaky, they sound like regular pop songs.

And it's the same for any other musician.

Oh I see. :wacko: Well, that's what you think. I do respect your opinion.

I think that until now (don't know what we will see during the festivals) - Coldplay is STILL about making good music and singing-along.

I would never approve the boys going Gaga-style.

well they wore costumes onstage during the viva tour. Just like Gaga does.

knees and trapeeze - I see your point. But since when was rhyming a crime? Some of the best songs lyrically have contained lot's of rhyming. And come on - the lyrics are better than Swallowed in the Sea! And I still disagree on the costumes part! I don't think they're trying too hard. I don't see where they need to fit in or trying to hard to be different. If they did then they'd go for a radical change like U2 did in the early 90s. But they haven't. They still look like Coldplay - only Coldplay with different clothes.

But hey respect your opinion. It'd be boring if all of us just sat around saying 'well I think it's all just brilliant'!

I see what you're saying but I still disagree :lol:

I think of course rhyming isn't a crime. I just feel that to me there is a tendancy from them to have sloppy and what appears to be quickly written lyrics at times. I just think they don't really spend time on lyrics. Not as if they need to be really deep, but at least something a little more complex.

For the costumes I think they are trying to be different or stand out. I mean if you were in a band, you'd just wear your regular clothes. I think if you changed it up it be to send out a message.

It's like The Beatles... they changed things up with Sgt Pepper. Yes it looked weird, but for the time it worked with the whole Psychedelic era and also showed a new era of the band where it was only studio time and no live performances

I think of course rhyming isn't a crime. I just feel that to me there is a tendancy from them to have sloppy and what appears to be quickly written lyrics at times. I just think they don't really spend time on lyrics. Not as if they need to be really deep, but at least something a little more complex.

For the costumes I think they are trying to be different or stand out. I mean if you were in a band, you'd just wear your regular clothes. I think if you changed it up it be to send out a message.

It's like The Beatles... they changed things up with Sgt Pepper. Yes it looked weird, but for the time it worked with the whole Psychedelic era and also showed a new era of the band where it was only studio time and no live performances

I almost posted about Sgt Pepper era :lol:

Has anyone ever considered that fact that they might wear what they wear just because they feel like it? Yeah maybe they used to dress a different, more "normal" way, but I used to dress differently too......what's the big deal?

I really dont understand all this shit about the lyrics. To be honest, when I listen to a song, I dont think about what the words are being said and what they mean, but rather how the sound of the lyrics go with the rhythm and melody/tune of the song.

When you read the lyrics, you have the right to judge or "criticize" them. No one is criticizing the entire song itself they're criticizing the lyrics.

No said you did not have the right, but I still don't get all the fuss over them and the costumes.

I don't see how they aren't a regular every-day band, I mean it's just a band.

I just feel that strange getups is a bit pretencious.

Now people can bring up Lady Gaga, but I think what is different is that she is more about the stage performance and persona and then the music. Coldplay at least initially for me was soley about making great music, but now it's changed.

part of my brain agrees you, a new coldplay and the way that the website and whatever acts about this new album and artwork and ... somehow is not really great, it's not pure coldplay taste maybe but I don't know why I just feel great about them and about these movements and news and "Every..."...

It's a long time from last visit and maybe that's the cause we feel somehow not warm,

When you read the lyrics, you have the right to judge or "criticize" them. No one is criticizing the entire song itself they're criticizing the lyrics.

That is true and I agree. I'm not criticizing the song, just the lyrics now... criticizing the song will be later :lol:

...I joke

Has anyone ever considered that fact that they might wear what they wear just because they feel like it? Yeah maybe they used to dress a different, more "normal" way, but I used to dress differently too......what's the big deal?

I don't think so. I think they're just trying to make a statement like that. From a personal standpoint would you just randomly change your getup?

Perhaps it's something that goes with each album, but I personally can't take them serious... especially the VLV era.

That is true and I agree. I'm not criticizing the song, just the lyrics now... criticizing the song will be later :lol:

I guarantee every Coldplay song you read the lyrics too without the music you'd criticize them.

But you'd got to realise they are changing direction and that also means the lyrics not just musically. I think they have something up their sleeves.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Yes they are trying to be different and stand out because they want to distinct themselves from other bands. There's nothing wrong with Coldplay doing that. Each music artist in the world is unique in every sense and individuals. Yes it's about the music but it's also about how you present yourself and your music these days!

And I don't think Coldplay take themselves too seriously. It's shown in their incredibly relaxed atmosphere in their live tours which have just gotten better and better each time (which is good because Chris Martin seemed like a miserable **** at times during the AROBTTH tour) Hence a reason why the flexibility in their wardrobe works!

+1 :veryangry2:

Btw, where in Sunderland are you from? I'm from Shields :P

hah! hey :)

I'm from grangetown originally (lovely area) but I'm living up on Hylton Road at the moment down from the hospital. (not such a lovely area) hah.

I guarantee every Coldplay song you read the lyrics too without the music you'd criticize them.

But you'd got to realise they are changing direction and that also means the lyrics not just musically. I think they have something up their sleeves.

That is true, but if that's the case then show the song first. It's a really bad first impression to show the lyrics to a song when the lyrics are poorly put together.

Yes they are trying to be different and stand out because they want to distinct themselves from other bands. There's nothing wrong with Coldplay doing that. Each music artist in the world is unique in every sense and individuals. Yes it's about the music but it's also about how you present yourself and your music these days!

Yes it's true and I agree. I just feel that it should be more about the music rather than the image and trying to make a statement.