✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

I know this was a few months ago, and that people change their minds, but I'm pretty sure Chris said in an article that ETIAW was the album's closer. Feel free to prove me wrong, though I'm almost certain it was in the article where he mentioned track titles, "Up With The Birds" and "Princess Of China."

Also had a dream last night about the new song, and the music was that of the what-may-or-not-be "Famous Old Painters" instrumental haha

He DID say it probably would ;) So I think it is a cert that it's going to be on the album!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this was a few months ago, and that people change their minds, but I'm pretty sure Chris said in an article that ETIAW was the album's closer. Feel free to prove me wrong, though I'm almost certain it was in the article where he mentioned track titles, "Up With The Birds" and "Princess Of China."
yes from Q Magazine Nov 2010

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/Every_Teardrop_Is_A_Waterfall

What a day! I did well in the maths exam and when I get home I find out that new coldplay single is coming out this friday :dance:

awesome! congratulations! glad that the "waste" of time here yesterday didn't have a bad effect on your math test.

What a day! I did well in the maths exam and when I get home I find out that new coldplay single is coming out this friday :dance:

Good for you your maths exam went well:D My English went good also:D My dad sent me a text message at school that the single would be released Friday I was so happy:D

Good for you your maths exam went well:D My English went good also:D My dad sent me a text message at school that the single would be released Friday I was so happy:D

You have an awesome dad!

I just came home was bouncing around and my parents where like: meh

:laugh3:

Aww, you got a nice dad! Thumbs up for him :thumbsup:

Has anyone tried singing the song... or just me?:blush:

Oh no, I'm a horrible singer, no sense of melody at all... so no! :D

I read the lyrics out loud tho...

So did you make it sound good? :p

I think it could go either way really. I'm really intrigued now as to what the actual music might sound like.

It's also interesting that they would release the lyrics before the actual song, anyone else think it's because Chris has finally gained some confidence in his own writing? I expect a lot of this album to be far less self-conscious, and judging by the artwork and the lyrics so far, I think the music is going to be more upbeat this time (sort of in the vein of LIT 2). Whether that means a more techo/pop-like sound I'm not sure, I'd prefer to think it's going in a more psychedelic direction without being too cheesy.

I'm excited but it makes me want to know if this is going to be an indicator of the rest of the album, or whether it's going to be a varied body of work like VLV.

I completely agree. I'm excited to see what this all turns into. I can't begin to speculate about what it will sound like, but I'm hopeful. Coldplay really haven't let me down so far.

I already have problems with this song and I haven't even heard it.

The lyrics...

holy crap the lyrics are horrendous. I mean honestly does Chris Martin just take like 5 minutes to write all the lyrics to a song?

It should be an in depth process.

Also I think they look a bit ridiculous in the new photos as well... why do you need to dress up and/or wear make up... just be yourself. It's like they're trying too hard to fit in. Their first two albums they never needed to put up any kind of image.

I really hope I like their new album and songs after being disappointed looking back with their last two albums (Though I loved X&Y initially). So far they aren't doing a good job in convincing me.

I'm glad your english exam went well :D as soon as I arrived home I checked the news and there it was! Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall released this FRIDAY!!!! :D

awesome! congratulations! glad that the "waste" of time here yesterday didn't have a bad effect on your math test.

thanks! :D yeah the 'waste' of time made me wake up at 5:30 am to keep on studying but it was worth it :P

The lyrics...

holy crap the lyrics are horrendous. I mean honestly does Chris Martin just take like 5 minutes to write all the lyrics to a song?

Also I think they look a bit ridiculous in the new photos as well... why do you need to dress up and/or wear make up... just be yourself. It's like they're trying too hard to fit in. Their first two albums they never needed to put up any kind of image.

I really hope I like their new album and songs after being disappointed looking back with their last two albums (Though I loved X&Y initially). So far they aren't doing a good job in convincing me.

exactly my thoughts

The lyrics...

hey! a good song doesn't need really good lyrics, don't judge it until you hear it with chris's voice and sound. and in the first two albums they weren't as big as they are now. at least they are giving us something! and i'm really happy with that, because i was dying here haha! and maybe this, what we see now, is the real coldplay? just calm down, don't judge, and wait.;)