✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOODNESS!

This is sooooo exciting!!!!! :freak: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WTF have they done to Chris' hair, though? :wtf: You can't give him Guy hair. :stunned:

I probably just have to get used to it. :P

I like the outfits. :) I don't like the cover font so much... It seems so 80s/90s I'm just waiting for a boomblaster and MC Hammer to show up. :uhoh: Not necessarily a bad thing, but not really Coldplay, so I'm interested to see this work.

Everything else I like so far - it's very exciting! :dance:

btw how do we know it will be the first single off the album? will didn't say it is a single right?

EDIT: nevermind,just saw that the official site says new single ! :lol: silly me...

but i didnt say it was a new single from the new album!

i reckon its a stand alone single like christmas lights

I just came back home after finishing my math exam. And then this. I LOVE COLDPLAY!! This made my month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually looking forward to friday even though thats when I have my exam in physics... None but COLDPLAY have the power to do so!

Where are you people even getting these album titles from wow

Also why would anyone blame Brian Eno for this? He didn't come up with a theme or write the lyrics to the song. The only thing he'd have influence on is the music and the production.

On a separate note, I don't think that this one song is enough to judge whether or not Coldplay is evolving in a good way or not. Even if I end up disliking this new song, it won't really speak for how I'll feel about other new songs and the album as a whole.

They were the release dates, I mean when they were announced! :) So...before Violet Hill came out, did we know the name of VLV and it's release date?

I didn't read your question properly (that's why I removed my answer)

From wikicoldplay.com

On 18th March 2008, it was revealed that Coldplay’s fourth album, due out on June 16th [uK], June 17th [uS], will be called Viva la Vida.

However, the following day, the official Coldplay website reported that the album name will be Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. Also, in the latest Prospekt message, Prospekt says that the album will be done in a week.

and

On 10th April 2008, a new journal entry appeared on Coldplay.com announcing the tracklist and release date, as well as hinting at new tracks to be released prior to the album's release.

So yes, the album title and release date were revealed before the single release

Does anyone think the new single is gonna be an upbeat dance song? Some of the lyrics phrasing make me think so...I don´t mind in the least, but it would be interesting to know what you think the music will sound like

And I the only one who has noticed how weird they wrote the tekst for 'ETIAWF'?

whate.png

I mean, most of the letters are with caps lock and some of them are small.. Am I the only one who think it is weird?

newphoto2820.jpg

Hey, wait a second! Look at the upper-left corner of this picture. Do you see those birds resting on the street lights? Now look at the end of this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSWPg9DGCHw]YouTube - ‪And finally...‬‏[/ame]

Coincidence?

newphoto2820.jpg

Hey, wait a second! Look at the upper-left corner of this picture. Do you see those birds resting on the street lights? Now look at the end of this video:

Coincidence?

Also look at the bottom right corner above the graffitied word 'UFO' (Which by the way, there's alot of 'UFO' graffiti) it says 'monday'.

And I the only one who has noticed how weird they wrote the tekst for 'ETIAWF'?

whate.png

I mean, most of the letters are with caps lock and some of them are small.. Am I the only one who think it is weird?

it seems like T, R, D, P and B are all the letters that are capitalized. i definitely think that's on purpose. every t, r, d, p and are capitalized and not in any specific order.

makes me think they must be related to the album title. of course, i could be wrong about what it's related to, but it's certainly on purpose.

this is what one polish dj said about new Coldplay single: nowy Coldplay nie trzepie od razu glowy ale powoli wbija sie na stale :)

it's very hard to translate, but I'll try: new Coldplay single not immediately flips your head (?) but it slowly stays in your head for a long time

Oh and 4 months wait for the album is stupid? Maybe not.

I'm not a fan but I know that Lady Gaga announced on 31st December 2010 that her new album would be released in May 2011! 5 Months!

it seems like T, R, D, P and B are all the letters that are capitalized. i definitely think that's on purpose. every t, r, d, p and are capitalized and not in any specific order.

makes me think they must be related to the album title. of course, i could be wrong about what it's related to, but it's certainly on purpose.

Ermm.... WTF are you looking at?! :confused:

Isn't it all capitals?