✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

To be honest, when I listen to a song, I dont think about what the words are being said and what they mean

I do. In fact, lyrics often are what make me feel strong emotions when I listen to a song. Lyrics are more powerful thanks to the music of course, but still, when I can relate them to my own life the whole song get another dimension.

I think that's because I'm kinda sensitive.

Also, sometimes, the lyrics don't seem really deep, but when I can relate them to myself, I feel like they are. That happened to me a lot with Coldplay songs, and maybe that's why I became a fan. :)

Oh and because I'm not an English-native, I think I see more depth and beauty in some lyrics than you do. :rolleyes:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope someone from coldplay team doesn't read these negative comments (I saw debs was on earlier) because it would give them the wrong representation of the rest of us real fans. I dnt want to judge without hearing the whole thing, ok well I will judge I like the lyrics :P. I hope they understand that the majority of us are really excited for their new music.

I just imagine how much care and love they put into this and how they thought about us while working on it. So when I think about that, I can't dislike anything they do.

And about the "costumes" I dnt see anything wrong with them in my opinion. I like them, and I think they aren't as costumey as vlv.

I just imagine how much care and love they put into this and how they thought about us while working on it. So when I think about that, I can't dislike anything they do.

I really don't see how you can make a statement like that. Even my most favorite bands of all time there are songs I don't like.

In other words if they released a song of them burping you wouldn't dislike it.

I don't think it's bad that people are criticizing. Afterall it's just opinions. Also I highly doubt that the band would take to heart what people on this forum say considering how big of a fanbase they have outside of here.

I really hope someone from coldplay team doesn't read these negative comments (I saw debs was on earlier) because it would give them the wrong representation of the rest of us real fans. I dnt want to judge without hearing the whole thing, ok well I will judge I like the lyrics :P. I hope they understand that the majority of us are really excited for their new music.

And about the "costumes" I dnt see anything wrong with them in my opinion. I like them, and I think they aren't as costumey as vlv.

So someone who doesn't like the new style or the lyrics of ETIAW isn't a real fan? Yeah right!

of the rest of us real fans[/size].

If being a fan means just make positive comments then being a fan sucks. When I say that the lyrics are crap or things like that, I say it because I know they can make great music if they really try (AROBTTH/Parachutes) and if they receive just all these OMG EVERYTHING COLDPLAY DOES IS BEAUTIFUL feedback, there's no point for them to start making great albums again because fans will like whatever they make and they can start writing cheesy songs to attract new younger audience.

I think the lyrics are ok. I believe I will have to listen to the song before saying anything about it.

I just hate the fact that they are dressing up as a terrible brazilian band called “Restart”. It’s really bad, believe me! So colorful!I am pretty sure people will make fun of them because of it here in Brazil.

If being a fan means just make positive comments then being a fan sucks. When I say that the lyrics are crap or things like that, I say it because I know they can make great music if they really try (AROBTTH/Parachutes) and if they receive just all these OMG EVERYTHING COLDPLAY DOES IS BEAUTIFUL feedback, there's no point for them to start making great albums again because fans will like whatever they make and they can start writing cheesy songs to attract new younger audience.

Well said Lore.

Guest howyousawtheworld

You've really got to get out more and experience more serious aspects of life if you're upset about an alternative rock/pop band's incredibly inoffensive dress sense. Fuck sake people. It's not like they're dressed up as walking birthday cakes or gimp costumes or something.

Guest howyousawtheworld
alternative rock band? :lol:

That does count as soft rock. I think Coldplay are soft rock no? Regardless it's still alternative isn't it? Jesus christ....

coldplay.jpg

That ultra-colorful, spray-paint-festooned image you see above is the cover art for Coldplay's new single, "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall". The band just announced the track on their website this morning; it'll be streamed on their site and digitally released this Friday, June 3 (those in the UK will be able to buy it the next day). According to a statement from drummer Will Champion, the band plans to perform the song at their festival appearances this summer, including this weekend's Rock Im Park festival in Nuremberg, Germany.

If you head over to the band's site now, you can read the lyrics to the song, which include the following couplet: "Don't want to see another generation drop/ I'd rather be a comma than a full stop." Real talk: If there's one band that shouldn't be releasing lyrics before people hear the actual music, it's probably Coldplay.

Posted by Larry Fitzmaurice on May 31, 2011 at 10:40 a.m.

Yea :\

That does count as soft rock. I think Coldplay are soft rock no? Regardless it's still alternative isn't it? Jesus christ....

they are like the most mainstream band in the world that isn't a pop band. Of course they aren't alternative

I completely agree with what you posted Lore

You've really got to get out more and experience more serious aspects of life if you're upset about an alternative rock/pop band's incredibly inoffensive dress sense. Fuck sake people. It's not like they're dressed up as walking birthday cakes or gimp costumes or something.

I know what you're saying and it shouldn't be an issue, but I just find their image to be pretencious and trying too hard just like their last album.

Their first albums were relatively simple, but amazing. The last one had too much going on

Guest howyousawtheworld
they are like the most mainstream band in the world that isn't a pop band. Of course they aren't alternative

REM have always been one of the pioneers of alternative rock. They were pretty mainstream. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that alternative means it's not mainstream?

REM have always been one of the pioneers of alternative rock. They were pretty mainstream. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that alternative means it's not mainstream?

Well in that case, alternative means different, and they make pretty normal music. There are a million bands like coldplay.

They are a pop/rock band anyway. Mostly since Viva, that's such a pop anthem, I don't say it in a bad way, it's just the way it is.

I really don't see how you can make a statement like that. Even my most favorite bands of all time there are songs I don't like.

In other words if they released a song of them burping you wouldn't dislike it.

I don't think it's bad that people are criticizing. Afterall it's just opinions. Also I highly doubt that the band would take to heart what people on this forum say considering how big of a fanbase they have outside of here.

Well I guess its just me. But I dnt think I can explain what I meant correctly. I know there's songs that even the most devoted fan would not like. But what I meant is that when I think about their hard work for a song, I have to appreciate it, but I would feel the song didn't work out. Dnt know if that explains myself still :thinking:

If they released a song of them burping I would want to find out how they made that work :lol: I would think its funny and appreciate their effort to try something crazy like that hahaha. Can u imagine them doing that kind of song in concert? :lol:

Yea ur right its not bad like u say, its just opinions. But then there's nothing wrong with saying u love it completely right :D I guess ur right about the fanbase outside of here. I guess I was just worried they would get the wrong image of fans here. But whatever, im sure they'll see we love them when we buy concert tickets right?

Haha I knew tht th "real fans" part would spark something :P should have left that out, lesson learned :lol: Lore I guess i would agree with some of what u say. It would suck for them to just do bad music because they would know we like anything they do. I guess at that point even I would start criticizing lol :P

Holy crap last time I checked here I was at page 90 or something. :stunned:

Okay um, firstly a major YAY for new info and pictures :dance::dance:

And secondly, WTF ... but in a good way :lol:! Okay the new outfits remind me of some techno/electro band, and Chris' hair style is.... interesting, as well as the new Coldplay style overall.

But I'm really excited about the new song and what kind of musical genre Coldplay is heading for this time.

Can't wait! :bomb: