✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

this is what one polish dj said about new Coldplay single: nowy Coldplay nie trzepie od razu glowy ale powoli wbija sie na stale :)

it's very hard to translate, but I'll try: new Coldplay single not immediately flips your head (?) but it slowly stays in your head for a long time

Like most Coldplay singles do?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be featured on LP5. Well, Chris said ETIAW is his fav song title from LP5. Artwork is graffiti, graffiti inspired LP5. They said that this song they will play on festivals. Someone asked The Oracle if they will play any songs from LP5. She said yes.

it seems like T, R, D, P and B are all the letters that are capitalized. i definitely think that's on purpose. every t, r, d, p and are capitalized and not in any specific order.

makes me think they must be related to the album title. of course, i could be wrong about what it's related to, but it's certainly on purpose.

Yes, I thought about that too.

I just don't know how to say it but i'm a little disappointed in some "I dont like their clothes","Don't like the artwork" or "WA-WA-Wa what's that?" in the end we will support "our" Coldplay anyway:). Maybe after their release on friday , or for some even the LP5 release. I have no doubt that it will all come together in the end.

Er, what birds? What street lights? It's a tree!

newphoto2820.jpg

Hey, wait a second! Look at the upper-left corner of this picture. Do you see those birds resting on the street lights? Now look at the end of this video:

Coincidence?

I agree with people who think that the cover art looks weird, and 80ish and very unlike Coldplay, but let's be honest, for viva la vida, they had those french revolutionary outfits. I doubt they would make a trance, or dance album, they are their toughest critics, and know that that isn't them. We'll all be obsessed with the song come Friday! Such exciting news! I wonder if they'll wear their new outfits to the festivals

Actually the Oracle was asked " if Coldplay might perform ANY new tracks from the up and coming album".

I think it will be featured on LP5. Well, Chris said ETIAW is his fav song title from LP5. Artwork is graffiti, graffiti inspired LP5. They said that this song they will play on festivals. Someone asked The Oracle if they will play some songs from LP5. She said yes.

I think it could go either way really. I'm really intrigued now as to what the actual music might sound like.

It's also interesting that they would release the lyrics before the actual song, anyone else think it's because Chris has finally gained some confidence in his own writing? I expect a lot of this album to be far less self-conscious, and judging by the artwork and the lyrics so far, I think the music is going to be more upbeat this time (sort of in the vein of LIT 2). Whether that means a more techo/pop-like sound I'm not sure, I'd prefer to think it's going in a more psychedelic direction without being too cheesy.

I'm excited but it makes me want to know if this is going to be an indicator of the rest of the album, or whether it's going to be a varied body of work like VLV.

My take on it is kind of a hybrid of people's opinions here:

- I'm excited to hear the new music. I won't judge it based on the lyrics yet.

- I see other people don't like the artwork, but I kind of like it.

- But no on the outfits. Music yes. Artwork yes. But let the music speak for itself, there's no reason have pretty clothing as a distraction. Enough already.

imho

I've never followed the release of a new album of a band that I love so much,like Coldplay

Problably when they release Viva la Vida went like this,with all doubts,but now I have fear...

Rain never please everyone :lol:

of course every teardrop will be on the new album. i don't know whose wondering about that?

as for the capitals, someone already answered that for me. some are bigger than others.

as for people saying the art and style looks 80s, i believe that's honestly just happy coincidence. the spraypaint is clearly a big part of the album's style and the big bubble letters i get as well, but does anyone honestly think this record was inspired by 80's hip-hop??? with a song called every teardrop is a waterfall as the lead single???

it's going to be coldplay. maybe evolved but coldplay nevertheless.

all the folks who keep making claims to what coldplay are or are not have to get back to reality and realize coldplay are whatever they damn well please to be. parachutes and arobtth were both almost a decade ago. the band's evolving without going crazy. that's a wonderful thing in my opinion.

although, i'll stress everyone can have their own opinion. so i'm sorry if i stepped on any toes. feel free to feel as you do :)

i don't know whose wondering about that?

Busybeeburns posted this on the main site:

At present, it is not known whether 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' is a one-off single or a track taken from Coldplay's forthcoming new album. Coldplay have yet to confirm when their follow-up to 2008's 'Viva La Vida and Death And All His Friends' will be released, but is it expected to arrive before the end of 2011.