✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do people think this means for the release of the next album??? Do people think this is going to be LP5's lead single.... or is this, much like Christmas lights, simply a way to buy a little more time....

I would guess it is the lead single from a new album. Thoughts?

Guest howyousawtheworld
So what do people think this means for the release of the next album??? Do people think this is going to be LP5's lead single.... or is this, much like Christmas lights, simply a way to buy a little more time....

I would guess it is the lead single from a new album. Thoughts?

Could just be a taster in all honesty. If it doesn't get good reception it could well be scrapped from the album tracklist which probably hasn't been decided yet as mixing hasn't even been near to completion. The proper "lead single" will be released close to the album release date so no I really don't think this is the lead single.

Guest howyousawtheworld

But I would put money on it being on the next album.

Who knows? "Wa wa wa wa waterfall" might just become the greatest party chant ever! Maybe the new Yellow! Have you ever stood in a huddle at a party with your friends most of whom don't like Coldplay singing to Yellow? I know I have!

The scary thing is that people are unsatisfied despite not having anything to be unsatisfied or satisfied about yet. Friday people. Wait till Friday.

People are complaining about lyrics, and we have the lyrics so I don't see what's the big deal. No one is saying that the song is bad or the music sucks.

Guest howyousawtheworld
People are complaining about lyrics, and we have the lyrics so I don't see what's the big deal. No one is saying that the song is bad or the music sucks.

I didn't say anything about the music. It's just that some people seem beyond ever shifting from being unsatisfied/satisfied despite not hearing the thing yet. It could be the shittest piece of music ever and people would go 'I LOVE THIS. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER' or it could be the greatest piece of music ever and other people would say 'OMG THIS IS SO SHIT. I'VE NEVER HEARD SUCH SHIT'.

But I guess you can criticise Coldplay for that. I know I wouldn't release lyrics before a song.

Well , now I can see a new album in October :d

The first thing I noticed about the cp.com announcement was that they didn't mention it was the first single of the album. This might be a "Buzz" single or just a teaser for the new album. A promo single maybe ?

I'm actually pleased with the lyrics!

Even so, I'm surprised that people are putting so much consideration into them (I suppose it's because that's all we have :P), given that we're talking about COLDPLAY. My favorite band, yes, but Chris has never been particularly genius when it comes to lyrics.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm actually pleased with the lyrics!

Even so, I'm surprised that people are putting so much consideration into them (I suppose it's because that's all we have :P), given that we're talking about COLDPLAY. My favorite band, yes, but Chris has never been particularly genius when it comes to lyrics.

I really like the first half of the lyrics. They seem quite Definitely Maybe Oasislike. The second half of the lyrics will need the justification of the music though.

seriously, what's wrong with these lyrics?

I don't think if they wanted to be more "commercial" they would come out with a line like "SO YOU CAN HURT, HURT ME BAD BUT STILL I'LL RAISE THE FLAG".

Alien care label

New home icon on Coldplay.com

28qt89v.jpg

Guy also has the same thing on his jacket

newpic800spray.jpg

It's the alien clothes care label for spin dry. Aliens have poor eyesight.

Can't comment on the new song because I haven't heard it yet.

Like the new artwork and use of colour though - it seems an evolution of the Viva era.

After we finally got some news, I have so many questions:

1. After it's released digitally, will it be released physically?

2. Will it have any B-Sides?

3. Is it from the new album?

4. Will there be a video?

I'm 100% sure that they are going to do the same of what they did with Violet Hill (digital release before, the phisical release and then the music video)

And it is confirmed that ETIAW is the 1st single of the album

No said you did not have the right, but I still don't get all the fuss over them and the costumes.

the fuss over them is that a lot of people don't think they're very good......

That is true and I agree. I'm not criticizing the song, just the lyrics now... criticizing the song will be later :lol:

...I joke

I don't think so. I think they're just trying to make a statement like that. From a personal standpoint would you just randomly change your getup?

Perhaps it's something that goes with each album, but I personally can't take them serious... especially the VLV era.

:lol:

Well, in all honesty I would and have done so before. But they might necessarily be doing the same, that's true. It could be just for show I guess. I don't think it's possible to know for sure. I just wanted to present the other side of the argument.

I'm 100% sure that they are going to do the same of what they did with Violet Hill (digital release before, the digital release and then the music video)

And it is confirmed that ETIAW is the 1st single of the album

Where was it confirmed?

Their website. I'd recommend you go there before you come here.

The confirmation that it'll be on the album is that Chris said it would be a long time ago and usually (or always) singles are on the album.

Following the announcement, i must say i love the lyrics and the artwork. I also love the photoshoot thats been done too. My only worry is that the announcement said nothing about the album or it being a single from the album. I was personally hoping for tracklists etc. This makes me think this is a promo song which i am gutted about as i can't wait much longer !

I really hope someone from coldplay team doesn't read these negative comments (I saw debs was on earlier) because it would give them the wrong representation of the rest of us real fans. I dnt want to judge without hearing the whole thing, ok well I will judge I like the lyrics :P. I hope they understand that the majority of us are really excited for their new music.

I just imagine how much care and love they put into this and how they thought about us while working on it. So when I think about that, I can't dislike anything they do.

And about the "costumes" I dnt see anything wrong with them in my opinion. I like them, and I think they aren't as costumey as vlv.

It's hilarious that you seem to define a "real fan" as someone who loves every single thing the band does.

I really don't see how you can make a statement like that. Even my most favorite bands of all time there are songs I don't like.

In other words if they released a song of them burping you wouldn't dislike it.

I don't think it's bad that people are criticizing. Afterall it's just opinions. Also I highly doubt that the band would take to heart what people on this forum say considering how big of a fanbase they have outside of here.

THIS.

seriously, what's wrong with these lyrics?

I don't think if they wanted to be more "commercial" they would come out with a line like "SO YOU CAN HURT, HURT ME BAD BUT STILL I'LL RAISE THE FLAG".

huh?

*frustrated sigh* my my, this thread has gone a bit snarky, hasn't it?

personally, I am feeling VERY excited. Yes, the lyrics are a bit... eh... but we all know that Coldplay's lyrics aren't like Arcade Fire's or something. Realistic expectations, guys. :thumbsup: just not sure why they decided to release them independently of the music.

Besides, look at something like Fix You, that has lyrics like "if you never try you'll never know", and yet the song itself still gets thousands of people screaming at a concert, and my mom can't listen to the song without crying. Lyrics only do so much... If you disagree, look at a song like Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros- that song is fucking beautiful, and I can't even understand what they're saying! (and they're actually saying stuff like "I breathe through my nose", so... :P)

SO they've all got a different colored radio tower (alien radio) patch. Theyve all got different colored watches. I'll bet time plays a big part in the album or at least a song. Seems silly to go out of their way to get these watches just because theyre different colors...