✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my husband that they were coming out with a single on Friday, and they posted the lyrics with the announcement. He asked what the title was. After I told him, his response was, "uuggghhhh that sounds SO depressing!" I told him yeah the title does sound depressing, but I have a feeling the song won't sound that way (depressing) at all.

So why would they go to the trouble to give it such a depressing title?

I get the feeling this is one of those times when Chris gets an idea stuck in his head and just will not let it go. We've heard that title being mentioned for a long time now.

It's the kind of title you hide away on an album track though, not release as the first single and accompany with a picture of yourself with a faux mohawk trying to look tough. :P

I gotta wonder if Will was off sick the day these decisions were made...

So much buzz about nothing so far. But one thing is for sure - promotion of LP5 is absolutely terrible so far. Those "teasers", which means nothing in the end, rushed single artwork, kind of costumes again. We still don't know album title and when it would be released. That's a bummer.

I wouldn't call the promotion 'terrible', as it happened to gain a handful of attention. But, I suspect within the coming weeks we'll get an announcement on their CD, in whole, and all that jazz.

Well it could be the first song they wrote for LP5, so it could be closer to VLV era. I don't know. The title isn't depressing, it's kind of poetry line, poetry is all about feelings and emotions, so in the end it could be step forward comparing to soulless VLV.

Also VLV first single was one of the weakest song. Perhaps this time it could be the same.

I wouldn't call the promotion 'terrible', as it happened to gain a handful of attention. But, I suspect within the coming weeks we'll get an announcement on their CD, in whole, and all that jazz.

Reason why they didn't announce it because they don't have artwork and other stuff ready. It means they had unexpected delays, so now they are forcing to rush things.

Violet Hill? :confused:

I second this. Who thought Violet Hill was bad??? I mean, I'm sure some people did. I just didn't expect it...

But I agree with Odvan about Every Teardrop is a Waterfall being more poetic than depressing.

The lyrics don't sound that depressing. The only line I sensed to be remotely depressing was when he talks about being hurt bad...which I don't think will actually be at all depressing, as its followed by a line about raising a flag...

While it's hard to say what the music will be exactly, in tempo and such, the colors seem upbeat and I think that gives the best impression.

Well said. I hate all these pretentious boring sods who say 'it's all about the music and nothing else' and are offended by the slightest bit of creativity in presentation.

Could not agree more!!! ... If they totally forgot about the music and concentrated on image then okay, have a go at them... but they haven't!!! Most of us loved Viva, so what was wrong with the change of style?! ... imagine playing Viva La Vida on stage with the bell and everything, donning the all-black and "monocrone" (Will Champoin's own words) attire from the TL tour :o ... that woulda looked plain stupid imho.

Is that the time of the Radio one performence for sure?

I know it is the release time ofc. Are they just playing it exactly when it is released onto the website then? ;)

It is on Absolute Radio

We'll be debuting 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' at midday on Friday 3 June

Absolute Radio[/url]

We'll be debuting 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' at midday on Friday 3 June

Aah thanks!:)didnt know it was on the exact same time as the release.So is everyone going to tune in then?Coldplaying will explode afterwards i think!<3:laugh3:

A dutch radiohost (Paul Rabbering 3FM) just reported that he heard ETIAW in a private listening session. It sounded very Coldplay'isch, with some country influences and the beat took a very prominent place at the end of the song.