✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

check out this

Q. Hi Mr Oracle

My question is a simple one but I hope you can answer it. I'm taking my exams and they finish on the 23rd of June Coldplay then play at Glastonbury fest on the 25th which means I can stay up and watch it and enjoy awesome show which I'm sure they will give us so to make sure it's an awesome show I want to know if Coldplay might perform any new tracks from the up and coming album? All I would like is a yes or no answer really just to build the tension we don't want to give the game now do we?

Thank you.

The Oracle replies:

Yes.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading all your posts today i have to say that you just sound like a real pain in the ass..the negativity coming from you is sickening...

not trying to start a fight or anything but your last post just got to me

I'm being negative about the new lyrics and pictures because they look ridiculous. I just get the impression that the band wants to continue to be the "biggest band in the world" even if that means to look ridiculous in doing so. They were an extremely popular band with AROBTTH, but didn't need to put up any front and just let the music speak.

I used to be such a huge fan of this band, but I honestly don't know what they are doing anymore which is disappointing.

I read that the band was going to be more stripped down and go back to their roots, and though I am not one to judge because I haven't heard the song, but from what they've shown so far I'm not too optimistic.

You can't really blame me or anyone else for being disappointed in how this band has changed for the worst IMO.

Everyone is judging this song before anyone has actually heard it! Let's give it a listen before we judge it at least! I'm sure the lyrics will sound much better when they have music behind them.

I/r/t Coldplay's appearance: Somewhere along the line, people got the idea that a musician's art should be limited to the music. Creativity expresses itself in many ways (see Radiohead's album booklet art, or The Beatles' many films), and I'm incredibly pleased to see a band's enthusiasm and excitement spill over into costumes and photo shoots.

I'm being negative about the new lyrics and pictures because they look ridiculous. I just get the impression that the band wants to continue to be the "biggest band in the world" even if that means to look ridiculous in doing so. They were an extremely popular band with AROBTTH, but didn't need to put up any front and just let the music speak.

I used to be such a huge fan of this band, but I honestly don't know what they are doing anymore which is disappointing.

I read that the band was going to be more stripped down and go back to their roots, and though I am not one to judge because I haven't heard the song, but from what they've shown so far I'm not too optimistic.

You can't really blame me or anyone else for being disappointed in how this band has changed for the worst IMO.

+1

Everyone is judging this song before anyone has actually heard it! Let's give it a listen before we judge it at least! I'm sure the lyrics will sound much better when they have music behind them.

This!^^Impossible to speak without listening first ..... the only person here who can give a founded opinion is Debs.

Anyway, I'm biased:D

:thumbsup:

Guest howyousawtheworld
I/r/t Coldplay's appearance: Somewhere along the line, people got the idea that a musician's art should be limited to the music. Creativity expresses itself in many ways (see Radiohead's album booklet art, or The Beatles' many films), and I'm incredibly pleased to see a band's enthusiasm and excitement spill over into costumes and photo shoots.

I agree with you because you're right. Not because I'm a shameless forum sycophant!

The title is bad. The lyrics are bad (and I don't even usually give a damn about lyrics), mostly cause they're not the type of lyrics Coldplay should be writing. Maybe if it was some hip hop song or something.

Hilarious and beautifully ironic that even the worst hip hop lyrics are better than these.

the more im looking, the more i think it's a hand-created font. but ive asked the Oracle so we'll see

quite a quick turnaround for ye olde Oracle...

June 1, 2011 - submitted by Christopher, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle: what is the name of the font on the new single's cover? Is it even a font, or perhaps something hand-designed?

sincerely,

a budding graphic designer.

The Oracle replies:

It's basically a modified bubble font of which there are many variants.

Maybe the lyrics isn't as weird as a lot of us think.

Today, I was listing to Speed of Sound, and thought about how odd the lyrics was, but the song is still awesome. So I guess that we just need to hear the song before we can say it sucks. :)

Personally I have not really looked at the lyrics. just glanced at them. I would rather hear them with the song than read and make a comment about them. Reading the lyrics ahead of time is like seeing part of a painting before seeing the whole thing. This way, I can appreciate the work as a whole.

i agree. :wacko:

i mean, i can understand people not liking their new music, but i think the boys have every right to wear whatever they want, no matter how ridiculous some people might think it is. :P

Their lyrics aren't usually the best anyway

CANNOT WAIT FOR FRIDAY

this!

well, i don't think their lyrics are bad or anything, but it's not like every single lyric in the history of Coldplay has been pure brilliance until now. :P

Judging by the lyrics, it doesn't even have a chorus. In fact. it barely has a structure at all. I have a feeling we'll end up with something like Bohemian Rhapsody or Paranoid Android which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Judging by the lyrics, it doesn't even have a chorus. In fact. it barely has a structure at all. I have a feeling we'll end up with something like Bohemian Rhapsody or Paranoid Android which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Except they have much better lyrics.