✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

Yesterday I was too shocked for the lyrics,and the cover art...now im watching the things more positive (excepting that about the country influences I just read now :| )

Baah,i dont mind that now... I'll tell that if it has country influence after listening the whole album :P

I've heards some stupid things about others albums before releasing it and then...

Edit: That watches are these colour retro watches that are trend here,like this one:

http://www.tusanuncios.com/fotos/IMG/IMAGENES-USUARIO/IMG_1045/tienda-online-relojes-casio-colores-1-634251085785314327.jpg

I have one,pink ^^

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been avoiding CPing all day because I know there's been a lot of drama. Also because I couldn't load the thing for a good while because of all the webtraffic :P.

I'll just say my bit and have done with it:

I completely understand how the positive, optimistic faction is annoyed with the less-than-positive people for making judgements before we hear anything. I also agree with what was said above about how that might look less-than-great to any official Coldplay people that peruse the board. At the same time, however, I don't see anything wrong with someone saying they like or don't like what we have so far. I personally am not a big fan of the lyrics, Chris's hair (:P), the song title, or the jackets that may or may not be like the Viva costumes and worn for two years straight like the previous ones were. I'm trying my hardest to not let those things have any bearing on my hopes for the actual music, which is ultimately the important part. I think the problem comes in when people get ahead of themselves and become prepared to hate the song before we hear a note of it--that's unfortunate, and I think somewhat unfair, but to each their own.

I was worried before VLV too, about all the same things. I actually wasn't hot on "Violet Hill" as a first single either, and only started feeling positive about the album once we heard "Viva la Vida." As it turned out, the album was neither what I wanted or expected, but I loved it anyway. I'll always be one of those fans that love the first two albums the most, but I also don't think I'll really dislike what they produce, either. It's just kind of weird for something you loved so much to change to the point where you're worried about whether or not you'll still love them the same amount. Inevitable? Probably. Everyone understands that bands evolve and change. But it's still kind of sad, and I think people, particularly people that are the biggest fans of their earlier material, are allowed to express that sadness once they hear the music, and are allowed to say for now that they're worried it's going to happen to them in the near future, as long as they're willing to be surprised too.

I agree with all of what you said, like usual :P

^ I'm trying to stay optimistic and hope that this album will be huge, but I can't help thinking of something that I realized a couple of months ago . . .

Coldplay's even-numbered albums--Viva and ARoBttH--were mind-blowing amazing, while the odd-numbered ones--Parachutes and X&Y--were meh. I'm really hoping this trend doesn't continue for LP5 :(

Parachutes and X&Y are my two favourite albums.

I for one don't want a release until October :o ... and am I the only person disappointed to hear that they played 7 new songs, cause I am not going to even one festival, and... that means the album won't take 4 months to come out imo! :(

I am not going to any festivals too. I hope they are going on a tour after the festivals... Glastonbury shown in Cinemas, 7 new songs + ETIAW on festivals...LP5 is coming soon. I'm worried and excited. :uhoh:

I am not going to any festivals too. I hope they are going on a tour after the festivals... Glastonbury shown in Cinemas, 7 new songs + ETIAW on festivals...LP5 is coming soon. I'm worried and excited. :uhoh:

Wait, what? How do we know they'll be playing 7 new songs? :freak: Did I miss something . . . .?:stunned:

EDIT: sorry for the double post

they played SEVEN new songs at the rehearsal?

I'm disappointed because if the album is out after the festivals

there'll really be no surprises when it does come out. That's if they're playing that many new songs this summer... it's not a very coldplay thing to do.

I trust them entirely and lets see how it plays out.

^Apparently, they played 7 new songs on rehearsals.

I'm worried. If they don't go on a tour after the festivals, does that mean the fans who can't go to the festivals won't see them live during this era!? :uhoh:

No way! They would not do that! They love us and they know we would be pissed if they dont do the tour. They might promote new songs and put the album afterwards and then do a tour.

Lots of bands do that!

edit. wow! this is my 8888th post. That like my perfect number!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I thought they said that they won't be playing any new songs on the summer festival tour? :thinking:...

The Oracle never confirmed or denied such things when answering a question a few months ago.