✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dutch radiohost (Paul Rabbering 3FM) just reported that he heard ETIAW in a private listening session. It sounded very Coldplay'isch, with some country influences and the beat took a very prominent place at the end of the song.

Did he say something about how he liked the song?

A dutch radiohost (Paul Rabbering 3FM) just reported that he heard ETIAW in a private listening session. It sounded very Coldplay'isch, with some country influences and the beat took a very prominent place at the end of the song.

Did he say whether he liked it?

Hmm, I hope it does leak then!

Not sure about the album, I want to be moved back to London for the launch when/where everything is going to be happening. I for one don't want a release until October :o ... and am I the only person disappointed to hear that they played 7 new songs, cause I am not going to even one festival, and... that means the album won't take 4 months to come out imo! :(

In February, after visiting Coldplay in the studio, the Pierces told BBC 6 Music that Martin and friends had been struggling to finish the album. "They started a record and then they scrapped it and then they were going to start over," explained Allison Pierce. "Then I heard they pulled the scrapped record back out."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/01/coldplay-every-teardrop-waterfall

Apparently it was scrapped, so the band are giving us an album which they originally thought was rubbish :blank:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/01/coldplay-every-teardrop-waterfall

Apparently it was scrapped, so the band are giving us an album which they originally thought was rubbish :blank:

my God, some of these comments are downright idiotic... and what's with all the hatred for Every teardrop is a waterfall as a saying?

Did it by any chance occur to someone that it can refer to an artistic view of the world? Because artists are hypersensitive?!

These jerks should read this....

" The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him, a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.

Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create – so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating." (Pearl S. Buck)

But seriously! The people that judge before the "crime" ... :veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2:

^ I'm trying to stay optimistic and hope that this album will be huge, but I can't help thinking of something that I realized a couple of months ago . . .

Coldplay's even-numbered albums--Viva and ARoBttH--were mind-blowing amazing, while the odd-numbered ones--Parachutes and X&Y--were meh. I'm really hoping this trend doesn't continue for LP5 :(

^ I'm trying to stay optimistic and hope that this album will be huge, but I can't help thinking of something that I realized a couple of months ago . . .

Coldplay's even-numbered albums--Viva and ARoBttH--were mind-blowing amazing, while the odd-numbered ones--Parachutes and X&Y--were meh. I'm really hoping this trend doesn't continue for LP5 :(

I gotta say I thought that too , but come on, that doesn't need to mean anything... Besides, it's all relative...

Guest kmm1482

All this whining about the ENTIRE album is hilarious! We know about ONE song, and that's ALL we know about the entire album. We haven't even heard the first single yet and already people don't like the album. Didn't we go through all of this with the last two albums?? Just shut up, wait for the album, give it a few listens, and THEN decide!!!!

I gotta say I thought that too , but come on, that doesn't need to mean anything... Besides, it's all relative...

I know, I know. It's only serving to make me a lot more nervous.:\ Besides, ETiaW may not be a good example of what the rest of the album sounds like--Violet Hill didn't really sound like any of the other tracks on VLV, after all.